Pages (8): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 Next > Last »
Golden Hat XIX
Author MessageGolden Hat XIX
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 423
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
Golden Hat XIXXander 03-17-2013

At long last, the 19th Golden Hat competition is here!

This one is a big one! The K'daai Destroyer! In case you don't know, K'daai Destroyers are massive constructs fashioned into the form of mighty warriors or iron beasts, such as gargantuan monstrous bulls and other nightmarish creations, awakened by mass blood sacrifice and set loose upon the enemy! Your task is to bring one of these to life! With the release of the Chaos Slaughterbrute, there are definitely a bunch of great models on which to base a Destroyer conversion. Let your imagination run wild! For those of you who are already in the process of converting a Destroyer, you may enter them in this contest, provided they haven't been painted yet!

We realize we are a bit off track of our usual contest schedule. Sorry for this. We may run an Artisan's Contest along with this Golden Hat to try and catch up. Stay tuned for news on that. But for now, down to business.

Specifics
Subject: 1 K'daai Destroyer on a 100mm by 150mm base.
Bases: Diorama style bases are allowed! 100mm by 150mm is a lot of base to work with and a Destroyer ought to be an army's centerpiece. No Display bases or plinths, though, please.
Due Date: 11:59 PM May 21st, 2013 EST (Eastern Standard Timezone)

Please sure to read the complete Golden Hat competition rules before submitting your entry.

Submission
All entries must be sent to the Golden Hat account no later than the due date. Entries will not be accepted after this. (Entrants have ~6 weeks to complete entries). If for some reason you are having trouble with your submission, contact one of the Staff. In order to avoid problems, entrants should not wait until the last minute to submit their entries.

How to Enter
Upload up to 4 photos of your entries to the Internet. Photos may not have additional text or items/models unrelated to your entry.  Next, send a PM to Golden Hat (a special user that all Staff have access to) containing the links where the pictures can be found. (Note: This is the same as previous Golden Hats).

If you win:
- Walk across the backs of the cowed masses you have scorned and pushed aside, in order to take your place in the vaunted Golden Hat Hall of Fame.
- Receive the Golden Hat medal for your online persona (As with previous Golden Hats; if there are more then 10 entrants the silver and bronze Golden Hat Medals will be awarded as well).
- Everyone who enters gets a number of slaves equal to the number of entries. If 20 people enter we award 20 slaves to each person who entered. Entries will count towards a veteran medal.

Once all entries are received a thread will be created for voting and determining the winners!

If there are any questions it is best post them here so that everyone can benefit from any details or clarifications that may arise.

Follow CDO on Twitter: Twitter

This post was last modified: 04-16-2013 10:18 AM by Xander.

03-17-2013 10:49 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ryanamandaanna
Great Taurus

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 232
Golden Hat - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver                               
RE: Golden Hat XIXryanamandaanna 03-17-2013

If only I hadn't already made and posted 2...  *sigh*

03-17-2013 11:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Yawarakaimatsuka
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 65
Golden Hat - Silver Photobucket Migration                               
RE: Golden Hat XIXYawarakaimatsuka 03-17-2013

Yes! Thank you so much, that's gonna be a great competition! I'm starting right now, I can't wait to see what poeple will come up wtih! Big Grin

Here's my army blog : http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=12205

You can call me Matsu for short.

This post was last modified: 03-17-2013 11:09 PM by Yawarakaimatsuka.

03-17-2013 11:09 PM
Skink
Slann Mage Priest

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 675
Golden Hat - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Golden Hat XIXSkink 03-17-2013

This is a kool one. Like the new format for the competition´s banner by the way.

"Hashut! Vorgrund! Zharr Naggrund!!" A Chaos Dwarf's battlecry.

-Chaos Dwarf Spaghetti- My Dawi Zharr blog. Comes with tomato sauce!
03-17-2013 11:32 PM
Da Crusha
K'daai Destroyer

Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 433
Best General - 2010                               
RE: Golden Hat XIXDa Crusha 03-17-2013

k'daai destroyer sounds cool. don't know if I want to participate though since mine is finished,...Evil idea or I can make another one for when someone wants to play 3000pts Mad.

Da Crusha's non-big hat army blog
Seaside Slaughter 2
03-17-2013 11:54 PM
tjub
Hat or Die!

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1307
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver x2 Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat XIXtjub 03-18-2013

Hmmm, well see...

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:
"And then children, Tjub spent 78 pages perfecting his fireborn. For such is the struggle of a CD player with a thematic army."

03-18-2013 01:06 AM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1405
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XIXAbecedar 03-18-2013

My first WIP being built in the same vane as the fireborn i did has come to a halt because I wasn't happy with them.

Just lucky that another WIP idea has been forming around an idle model, so now to create.

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
03-18-2013 01:19 AM
DAGabriel
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 514
Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Golden Hat - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XIXDAGabriel 03-18-2013

Great thing, too bad that I am away on holiday for some weeks. Will take a look if I can manage!

2015        Bought/Traded: 104        Painted: 107

My army blog: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...589&page=1
03-18-2013 02:39 AM
bas_2312
Bull Centaur Hero

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 443
Golden Hat - Gold Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XIXbas_2312 03-18-2013

Cool! This might motivate me to finish my Destroyer Happy

Check out some of my other stuff:
-Big Hat Ogres
-Big Hat Chaos Dwarfs
-Halfling Empire
-Scifi stuff
03-18-2013 05:31 AM
vulcanologist
The Mongrel General

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 259
Veteran Medal - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat XIXvulcanologist 03-18-2013

hmmm...do I need one? Do I have the time to dedicate to this project?...no!...But then again it is Golden Hat!!!

Check out lots of my other stuff on my blog: MY WEBSITE: http://vulcanologists.blogspot.co.uk/

MY CHAOS DWARF ARMY BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...p?tid=7773

MY BLOG OF EVERYTHING ELSE: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=10173

MY BLOOD BOWL BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=10338

MY WEBSITE: http://vulcanologists.blogspot.co.uk/

Remember to build your new house ziggurat shaped!
03-18-2013 05:51 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bolg
Greater Bunny of Hashut

Market Rep: 12
Slaves: 579
Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XIXBolg 03-18-2013

Oeeeeh, the best incentive to finally start mine. Thanx guys!

(I'd wish I'd already started)

Check out my webcomic here...
03-18-2013 06:33 AM
French_noodle
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Slaves: 19

RE: Golden Hat XIXFrench_noodle 03-18-2013

i'll try to make one ! that would be my first step toward the painting of my Chaos Dwarf army, and the first picture i post here.

Just have to finish my Epic Squat army first Mad

I'm French, so if i'm not understandable, just tell me and i will try to correct myself Wink
03-18-2013 08:37 AM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XIXXander 03-18-2013

Sorry to those who already have theirs painted! I knew we would encounter that. Not much can be done about that, of course.

Glad to see lots of excitement though!

03-18-2013 10:17 AM
Bolg
Greater Bunny of Hashut

Market Rep: 12
Slaves: 579
Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XIXBolg 03-18-2013

Started on the body, no time like the present (:

Check out my webcomic here...
03-18-2013 10:59 AM
cornixt
Brewer of Daemonic Beer

Slaves: 1302
Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Attitude - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XIXcornixt 03-18-2013

My sculpt was finished a few weeks ago, I guess now I have to actually paint it!

There's a lot more in the wiki than you think, check out the wiki contents

Like a Great Taurus in a Cathay shop.

"No Mr Bond, I expect you to k'daii."
03-18-2013 02:02 PM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1177
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat XIXZanko 03-18-2013

Need to get an inspiration ... must search in the depth of the www! Tongue Wink

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

03-18-2013 02:46 PM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1361
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XIXGrimstonefire 03-18-2013

If my order arrives in time I'll give this a go.  My first GH in a while.

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad
03-18-2013 04:04 PM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

RE: Golden Hat XIXXander 03-18-2013

Oooh! Big Grin Exciting stuff. Wink

03-18-2013 04:05 PM
cornixt
Brewer of Daemonic Beer

Slaves: 1302
Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Attitude - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XIXcornixt 03-18-2013

Zanko Wrote:
Need to get an inspiration ... must search in the depth of the www! Tongue Wink

I used this for mine:
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=10308

There's a lot more in the wiki than you think, check out the wiki contents

Like a Great Taurus in a Cathay shop.

"No Mr Bond, I expect you to k'daii."
03-18-2013 04:20 PM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1177
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat XIXZanko 03-19-2013

cornixt Wrote:

I already read this thread - btw nice stuff!

My main problem is that I'm neither a good sculptor nor a brilliant painter, so I need to find some uncommon model  which is easy to convert and paint!

I have an idea - not outstanding but I suppose that not many others will choose this model as a basis!

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

03-19-2013 01:32 PM
Pages (8): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites