Pages (63): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 Next > Last »
3 Votes - 5 Average   Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army Blog
Author MessageFuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army Blog
Fuggit Khan
Da Khan of Khans

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 460
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015                               
Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogFuggit Khan 04-19-2013

Hello all,
After being a lurking guest for quite some time, I've decided to start a blog. First off, I have to say I know nothing about making a blog, but I've been awed and full of inspiration by each and everyone else's blogs here on this site...so I will start off here rather slow and humble. My thanks to each of you who take time to check my blog out, and an even bigger thanks to all of you who inspired me through your own blogs Takes Hat off

Firstly, I am an unabashed lover of big hats. I think they are some of Alan Perry's best work, full of lots of character and of course: Big Hats! My only gripe about them is the relative small amount of poses...but that is where I will start here: some very easy steps to jazz them up a bit.

Obviously the quickest way is to simply add some spiky bits to the tops of their hats. For these guys I simply cut off the spikes from the plastic dwarfs and glued them to the metal figures. But what about the guy on the left with that small 'human' sized nose?
[img][/img]

Well no worries, a bit of green stuff and instant dwarf big nose Happy I also like to add lower lip and big teeth by gluing on plasticard cut to size:
[img][/img]

Painting in some flesh with washes brings out the lovely big noses:
[img][/img]

Next step is the funnest: painting in beards and starting the hats. Now they're starting to show some individualism, and all from the same model...these little steps are easy even for those (such as myself) who are of more humble modeling skills Happy
[img][/img]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"

This post was last modified: 07-22-2013 11:57 AM by Fuggit Khan.

04-19-2013 11:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vulcanologist
The Mongrel General

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 258
Veteran Medal - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold                               
RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army Blogvulcanologist 04-19-2013

Alwats nice to see more big hats... keep it up!

Check out lots of my other stuff on my blog: MY WEBSITE: http://vulcanologists.blogspot.co.uk/

MY CHAOS DWARF ARMY BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...p?tid=7773

MY BLOG OF EVERYTHING ELSE: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=10173

MY BLOOD BOWL BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=10338

MY WEBSITE: http://vulcanologists.blogspot.co.uk/

Remember to build your new house ziggurat shaped!
04-19-2013 03:08 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kera foehunter
Zharr Nauggund Alpha Female

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 153
Best Attitude - 2007 Best Attitude - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Best Attitude - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogKera foehunter 04-19-2013

What a great way to start . my Favorite Chaos dwarfs !! Blunderbusses

The last of female chaos dwarf
04-19-2013 05:05 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Soulassassin
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 72

RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogSoulassassin 04-22-2013

Lovely!Happy Good start there, you can clearly see how you build up some variety in the somewhat static models. With subtle details and some clever basing, it can be done! I gave up on the plastic warriors of mine though Wink

Soulassassin`s Big Hat Extravagaza
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=12743

"Ghrask Dragh has sent you 20 Slaves. The reason is side boob"
04-22-2013 03:52 AM
Fuggit Khan
Da Khan of Khans

Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015                               
RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogFuggit Khan 04-22-2013

So after scrounging through my bits box, I came across these bits from the Celestial Hurricanum. I originally got them with the intention of adding some sort of "range finder" to a war machine:
[img][/img]

But then I thought what better use could I put them to? Well, why not use them to spruce up my Infernal Guard Blunderbuss Deathmask champion? So here we have it...he's got no excuse not to hit anything now (he better not miss, or it's off to the mines with him). And naturally his big hat has to have big horns, right?
[img][/img]

This post was last modified: 07-22-2013 11:30 AM by Fuggit Khan.

04-22-2013 11:30 AM
French_noodle
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 19

RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogFrench_noodle 04-22-2013

How nice, you've invented the sniper-shotgun-rifle Cheers!

Only Chaos Dwarf might could bring this to the world ^^

Great champion Happy

I'm French, so if i'm not understandable, just tell me and i will try to correct myself Wink
04-22-2013 01:10 PM
Fuggit Khan
Da Khan of Khans

Updated 04-26-2013: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogFuggit Khan 04-26-2013

Thank you everybody for your comments, they are always very much appreciated Takes Hat off

So I finally started my Iron Daemon (my first resin kit I've done in about 10 years), and my first thought was that I did not really care for the extra outer spike ring (or whatever you call it) on the wheels. After a bit of thought I decided to call up my plastic Chaos Dwarf minions to once again sacrifice themselves for a greater cause in the name of Hashut. So out came my trusty hobby saw and off came their hats:
[img][/img]

Next I glued the lobotomized plastic hat bits to the wheels:
[img][/img]

And after some painting and washes, I came up with some Iron Daemon wheels that are more to my liking:
[img][/img]

This post was last modified: 07-22-2013 11:32 AM by Fuggit Khan.

04-26-2013 11:28 AM
Yodrin
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 296
Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Attitude - 2013 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS                               
RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogYodrin 04-26-2013

Nice detail on the wheels Happy

YODRIN'S P.BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=13137

Thommy H Wrote:
This thread is two years old. The kid in question is probably in prison by now.

04-26-2013 01:06 PM
Fuggit Khan
Da Khan of Khans

RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogFuggit Khan 05-03-2013

Well, I finished up a small batch of blunderbuss warriors. The challenge I like to make for myself is to make every Chaos Dwarf warrior a slight bit different from each other, but still trying to maintain an overall uniform look to my army. Obviously these are all the same model, but with plastic bits, green stuff noses, teeth and different color details on their hats and robes has made no two models quite alike. Trying to keep each one unique also fits in with my view that despite the corrupting influence of chaos, they are still dwarfs and still display the dwarf traits of pride and vanity...thus each guy has his own "look"  Respect to the Hat!
[img][/img]

This post was last modified: 07-17-2013 12:41 PM by Fuggit Khan.

05-03-2013 11:41 AM
Gunnerson
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 74

RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogGunnerson 05-03-2013

Nice clean look to your minis, I like it!

Only a Sith deals in absolutes, I guess thats' why we are so successful!

Chaos Dwarf WiP blog
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...127&page=1

For a free 21 day trial to EvE online use the link.  If you sub Ill give you 1/2 a plex!
https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc...tion=buddy
05-03-2013 12:31 PM
Kera foehunter
Zharr Nauggund Alpha Female

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 153
Best Attitude - 2007 Best Attitude - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Best Attitude - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogKera foehunter 05-03-2013

great job on the wheels  love the hub caps Happy

The last of female chaos dwarf
05-03-2013 04:38 PM
Fuggit Khan
Da Khan of Khans

Updated 05-13-2013: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogFuggit Khan 05-13-2013

Work in progress for the Iron Daemon. I'm undecided if I want to add the smoke stack or not...the upper 'spiked grate' on it is horribly warped and does not fit well, and it was also broken. But I'm happy with my choice of leaving off of the wheels the extra spiked "spinner rims" (they're way too blingy for my old school taste).
[img][/img]

05-13-2013 12:04 PM
Yodrin
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Attitude - 2013 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS                               
RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogYodrin 05-13-2013

Very nice ID there!!!

Thommy H Wrote:

05-13-2013 12:19 PM
Fuggit Khan
Da Khan of Khans

Updated 05-20-2013: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogFuggit Khan 05-20-2013

So over the weekend I started up another batch of Hobgoblins. As with my Chaos Dwarf warriors, I like to make each Hobgoblin slightly different from the other...so out comes good ol' green stuff putty to make hats, tongues and yes, armor scales. Armor scales? Yep, I'm so anal that I make green stuff scales to fill in the missing scale plates on the Hobgoblin armor...yes, I know the Hobgoblins are supposed to be scrappy scavengers with a beat up look, but they're my boyz and I love them, so nicer armor.
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img]
[/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]

This post was last modified: 07-17-2013 12:57 PM by Fuggit Khan.

05-20-2013 02:00 PM
BABIS
Great Taurus

Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 246
Golden Hat - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogBABIS 05-20-2013

lovely models !

BABIS CHAOS DWARFS BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=12173

Bloodbeard Wrote:
With all that heavy firepower, you'll be able to take on the Old Ones when they return in their silver ships.

05-20-2013 05:11 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 12
Slaves: 1210
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Scribe's Contest Gold                               
RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogAbecedar 05-21-2013

As with any society with a pecking order, some hobgoblins are going to be better armed and armoured etc than others.

I am a bit concerned over the sacriligious actions that you've embarked on with the dehatitated (as opposed to decapitated) Big hats. A bit of your green stuff could've done the trick

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
05-21-2013 02:08 AM
Fuggit Khan
Da Khan of Khans

RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogFuggit Khan 05-22-2013

Ah yes, I admit it's a bit sacrilegious to de-hat a big hat. But I have always thought that the plastic Chaos Dwarf figs as a bit of a sin themselves. They are so out of proportion to the rest of the figs. Sorry! Hashut forgive me for such slander! My only excuse for such sacrilege this time is that at least they went to a good cause on another Chaos Dwarf model...as opposed to me taping them to a bottle rocket and sending them screaming on a one way journey into bottle rocket (death shrieker) exploding death. Which yes, I did once about 20 years ago. I'll take your recommendation and try to avoid summary de-hatting in the future Takes Hat off

05-22-2013 10:54 PM
Fuggit Khan
Da Khan of Khans

Updated 05-30-2013: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogFuggit Khan 05-30-2013

Finished repainting my old Death Rocket and crew...I think I bought these back in 1994 and after years of neglect they really needed a new paint job.
[img][/img]

I also added new Big Teeth to the loader crew, I never liked that they come cast with just one old snaggletooth.
[img][/img]

And as always for my self appointed challenge, I paint each Chaos Dwarf just a slight bit different from his mate.
[img][/img]

05-30-2013 11:33 AM
BABIS
Great Taurus

Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 246
Golden Hat - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogBABIS 05-30-2013

Takes Hat off very nice

BABIS CHAOS DWARFS BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=12173

Bloodbeard Wrote:
With all that heavy firepower, you'll be able to take on the Old Ones when they return in their silver ships.

05-30-2013 02:53 PM
Yodrin
Greater Daemon of Hashut

RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogYodrin 05-30-2013

Yea, very nice!!

Thommy H Wrote:

05-30-2013 04:39 PM
Pages (63): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  MadHatter's 90's Big Hats Blog! MadHatter 7 209 07-07-2017 12:24 PM
Last Post: Bloodbeard
  Big noses and bigger hats. OOP Dawi Zharr! Red Skullz 302 32,932 02-20-2015 08:47 AM
Last Post: Red Skullz
  The Besieger and his Golden Army. (BETER Pictures of the Hobgoblin Khan's) The Besieger 140 58,564 03-03-2014 03:07 PM
Last Post: BABIS
Toungue Big hats, Big noses and big....shoes! I.P. 86 30,300 11-07-2009 09:52 AM
Last Post: I.P.
  The House Blackhand army - Ravens army blog? The Raven 5 4,519 09-09-2008 04:12 AM
Last Post: puppet gathering

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites