Pages (64): « First < Previous 60 61 62 63 [64] Last »
3 Votes - 5 Average   Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army Blog
Author MessageFuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army Blog
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 499
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogFuggit Khan 08-28-2017

Thank you gentlemen for your responses and great suggestions. You guys came up with some really cool ideas that had not occurred to me before. I'm hoping to start some sculpts by the end of the year, my ripped tendon is slowly healing and I can actually use 3 of my fingers in my left hand now. Still not able to grasp and hold things, but having fingers moving again is promising. Give this stubborn old Hobgoblin some time.
And again, thank you for the suggestions  Happy
Ammo artillery crew
Female CD
Mounted heroes
CD warband adventurers
Happy
And how about some:
Blacksmiths
Miners
Pirate/naval crew

Please feel free to post more suggestions...I love all your imaginative ideas.
Thanks!
Takes Hat off

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
08-28-2017 05:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1407
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogAbecedar 08-28-2017

definitely yes.  would love to see you coming back into the hobby.

did you hurt the vespa?

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.

This post was last modified: 08-28-2017 08:48 AM by Abecedar.

08-28-2017 08:47 AM
Jackswift
Bull Centaur Hero

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 550
Scribe's Contest Gold Golden Hat - Silver Artisan's Contest - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Veteran Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogJackswift 08-28-2017

Sorry to hear about the injury but glad to hear you will be keeping at the hobby.  My favorite items on the list so far are female CDs and mounted heroes, followed closely by artillery crew.  

Multi-part kits for all the bits would also be awesome... Hats, heads, rifles, pistols, hand weapons, cannon balls tools, staffs and wands... Etc.
Hope the tendon heals well and quickly.

Cheers!

08-28-2017 09:23 AM
Carcearion
Daemon Prince of Hashut

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 190
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Photobucket Migration Scribe's Contest Silver                               
RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogCarcearion 08-28-2017

Blacksmiths sound amazing! and Miners are my favorite pick of the lot! Tongue Wink

"It matters not that you failed to burn the world. What matters is that you lit a fire."
- Neherazsh the Flaming Bull

My Chaos Dwarf Name Generator
Army Blog: Carcearion's Warhost of Karagazkar
Short Story: To Carve One's Fate
My Shapeways Shop: Carcearion's Bit Forge - Evil Dwarf Bits For Sale!
08-28-2017 11:27 AM
Daith
Hobgoblin

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 58
Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogDaith 08-28-2017

As a musician, who uses his hands a lot, your injury sounds terrifying. May your recovery go as smoothly as possible.

I agree that the big hat line is sorely lacking in Chaos Dwarf females. I suppose most of the armies are with the exception of the Elf factions, and maybe Bretonnia, though I don't really count them as the number of female models is so small. Even the High Elf ratio seems pretty unbalanced. I may very well not be accounting for some things. For example Demons, Skaven, and Lizardmen are not really gendered in the same way so don't really factor in. Anyway, I think it would be awesome to see some traditional big hat Chaos Dwarf females miniatures.

I also really like the idea of monstrous sized bull centaurs, navel crew, and I think blacksmiths could be really cool to use as characters or as parts of war bands.

Needless to say I think there are some great ideas here and wanted to throw in my support for this project. Your rendition of big hats is so perfectly accurate to the originals, it would be amazing to see some new miniatures in this same style!

“Said to have been crafted by Daith himself, this armour binds the lifeforce of its bearer to that of Athel Loren, keeping them safe from harm.” (p.63, 6th Ed. WE Armybook)
08-28-2017 11:11 PM
Carcearion
Daemon Prince of Hashut

Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Photobucket Migration Scribe's Contest Silver                               
RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogCarcearion 08-29-2017

Another idea that hit me after looking through your plog again. You have made such amazing classic style hats, have you considered doing a classic hats kit all on its own? People could carry on your legacy of conversion.

Oh also I would kill for a Obsidian Golem heads kit to put on those mantic golems! they could also probably be great for terrain building to.

"It matters not that you failed to burn the world. What matters is that you lit a fire."

08-29-2017 01:59 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 407
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogAdmiral 09-10-2017

Battle standard bearer. Perhaps with a choice of banner tops and even an optional hanging standard aside from a bare pole? Or a fluttering sculpted banner if you rather want that.  Sufficiently ornate character carrying the banner, maybe with some overblown hat options and maybe two weapon options if you like (one a flared pistol). If you want to sculpt a moving Chaos Dwarf you could have the BSB striding forward, looking back/sideways at his men, shouting something while having the banner arm stretched up forward and the banner itself angled somewhat diagonally forwar. A bit like in this French revolution painting, but 4th ed blockier and with the head turned to the other side, shouting. Or maybe an unmoving pose, here we plant our flag and here we make our stand. Just an idea, do whatever you like. Happy

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXIX - Deadline 27th of January ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Chaos Dwarf Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.
09-10-2017 05:27 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 407
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogAdmiral 01-04-2018

The call of the Bull God rings out across the world, calling for lost devotees and infamous devilsmiths who once stunned the world with the work of their hands and the madness of their minds...

Hashut!

The last awaited piece has arrived after a slew of shopping. Tools and materials and scale reference miniatures are en route to Thailand.

Strangely enough, the simple metal rulers I bought (among the first items received) and stored along with the rest of the supplies have vanished without a trace from the box. Everything else was in place. No wonder people have long believed in tomtenissar and like beings of superstition infesting houses and stealing stuff. Because sometimes there is no other explanation available!

I don't drink myself, and could only find a few bottle corks from family members, so I'm afraid da Khan of Khans will have to acquire more corks by his own consumption. Takes Hat off

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXIX - Deadline 27th of January ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Chaos Dwarf Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.

This post was last modified: 01-04-2018 08:01 AM by Admiral.

01-04-2018 07:53 AM
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 833
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogBloodbeard 01-04-2018

What an amazing care package!

01-04-2018 08:33 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Carcearion
Daemon Prince of Hashut

RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogCarcearion 01-04-2018

A great care package indeed! I hope it finds him well at the end of the long trip.

01-04-2018 12:36 PM
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogFuggit Khan 01-05-2018

Holy Hashut!
It appears that sacrificing those gnoblars on new year's eve with concoctions of Kahlua and fireworks has appeased the bull God himself  Hashut!
Thank you Admiral!
You're a fine gentleman and an even better friend  Takes Hat off

I've got lots of ideas in mind for making Big Hat sculpts,  to be cat and sold via Admiralty Miniatures... let's hope that my skills are up to the ambitious task.
I even have a few ideas for making some helms...with a nice 4th edition twist. Hopefully people will like them.
And yes, I've got plenty of Big Hat designs sketched out, so hoping to sell individual Hats themselves, so people can add Big Hats to any deserving model  Takes Hat off

Thanks again Admiral!

Abecedar Wrote:
did you hurt the vespa?

Hashut no!
I actually washed and waxed by beloved Vespa earlier today, she's still beautiful without a scratch.
The torn tendon came from rowing a boat.
Embarrassing  Sad

01-05-2018 06:53 AM
Enjoysrandom
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 379
Artisan's Contest - Bronze Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor                               
RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogEnjoysrandom 01-05-2018

Fuggit your falling apart... Look after yourself! Admirals bounty should keep you indoors and away from the things trying to stop Hashuts will!

Check out my Google Drive, and my Ebay Store, message me if you have any questions.
01-05-2018 07:45 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Grimbold Blackhammer
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 194
Best General - 2012 Scribe's Contest Silver Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogGrimbold Blackhammer 01-05-2018

Pretty nice!  Who's that going out to?

Grimbold Blackhammer

http://www.the-ninth-age.com/
01-05-2018 09:42 AM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

Market Rep: 25
Slaves: 1195
Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogWillmark 01-06-2018

Now there is a care package I can get behind!

I believe "Dead Chuffed" is the correct term on the other side of the pond?

My Want List / My Trade List
01-06-2018 10:02 AM
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogFuggit Khan Today

Well the incredibly generous care package from Admiral arrived this afternoon, my sincere thanks for all the hobby sculpting supplies  Takes Hat off
And Admiral included two nice surprises, a beautiful and unique emissary (who is glad to hang out here in Thailand enjoying the tropical weather, versus the cold dark lands of Sweden)...and (drum roll please) he sent a can of biological sneaky git poison for my assassins blade. Also known as Surstrommings Fileer  Sick

Thank you Admiral  Takes Hat off

Today 08:16 AM
Skink
Slann Mage Priest

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 675
Golden Hat - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogSkink Today

Fuggit Khan Wrote:
Whe sent a can of biological sneaky git poison for my assassins blade. Also known as Surstrommings Fileer#

Man, I would like to try that so much Big Grin ! I totally love to see your reaction when you open the can!

Anyway, GET SCULPTING ALREEEEEADYYYYY! We miss you awesome creations Cheers!

"Hashut! Vorgrund! Zharr Naggrund!!" A Chaos Dwarf's battlecry.

-Chaos Dwarf Spaghetti- My Dawi Zharr blog. Comes with tomato sauce!

This post was last modified: Today 09:06 AM by Skink.

Today 09:05 AM
Pages (64): « First < Previous 60 61 62 63 [64] Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  MadHatter's 90's Big Hats Blog! MadHatter 7 1,051 07-07-2017 12:24 PM
Last Post: Bloodbeard
  Big noses and bigger hats. OOP Dawi Zharr! Red Skullz 302 39,314 02-20-2015 08:47 AM
Last Post: Red Skullz
  The Besieger and his Golden Army. (BETER Pictures of the Hobgoblin Khan's) The Besieger 140 64,743 03-03-2014 03:07 PM
Last Post: BABIS
Toungue Big hats, Big noses and big....shoes! I.P. 86 33,144 11-07-2009 09:52 AM
Last Post: I.P.
  The House Blackhand army - Ravens army blog? The Raven 5 4,849 09-09-2008 04:12 AM
Last Post: puppet gathering

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites