Pages (69): « First < Previous 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 Next > Last »
3 Votes - 5 Average   Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army Blog
Author MessageFuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army Blog
The_Penguin
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 260

RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogThe_Penguin 07-04-2018

The one with googles is simply awesome! Looking forward to seeing more of your work! Takes Hat off

"But we, your brethren, scorned the Ancestor gods, and mocked your foolish rune rituals, and preferred instead our bull god Hashut. Who can blame us if it were you and your gods who left us?"

Golden Sands Desert Dwarfs
07-04-2018 11:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 486
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogAdmiral 07-06-2018

Fantastic rocketeers, Fuggit! It's a joy to behold your creativity run rampant within the maverick big hat realm of demented inventions and stylish beards. Takes Hat off

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXV - Voting Deadline 13th of September ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.
07-06-2018 02:59 PM
Zanthrax
Bull Centaur

Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 141
Artisan's Contest - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogZanthrax 07-07-2018

Amazing please get these bros available for us all to enjoy

My guide to alternative Big Hat Chaos Dwarfs 2017 edition: http://ironhaiden666.blogspot.com.au/201...hat-chaos​
07-07-2018 08:35 AM
Jackswift
Bull Centaur Lord

Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 577
Scribe's Contest Gold Artisan's Contest - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Silver                               
RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogJackswift 07-07-2018

Amazing stuff.  Love the hats.  That bull topper came out Ace! Takes Hat off  In addition to the whole shebang, you are going to cast and sell just a hat sprue as well, right?  We so need some hat sprues out there.  Cheers,

Jon

07-07-2018 11:59 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Slaves: 486
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogAdmiral 07-07-2018

Separate hat kit is assured. People on CDO has been asking for it for years on end. LKM covered it quite well with their hat-face-beard kit (great stuff from Adrian, got some myself!), but just hats is still an open niche. One which Fuggit Khan the big hat worshipper is well positioned to cover. Big Grin

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXV - Voting Deadline 13th of September ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.

This post was last modified: 07-07-2018 01:57 PM by Admiral.

07-07-2018 01:57 PM
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Slaves: 625
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogFuggit Khan 07-07-2018

Uther the unhinged Wrote:
I like the hats but have to admit to a soft spot for the rocket inspired hat of the old crew.

Well, I always take to heart and listen to feedback from you guys, so yes!
I agree with you and I made a rocket shell casing Big Hat. Hope you like it Takes Hat off
And maybe the shell casing Hat and the two rockets could be sold together as a set of three? I think people would like to have them for custom builds of war machines?

And there will be Big Hat sprues for sale, these sculpts are shipping out tomorrow to the other side of the world for the start of being cast  Respect to the Hat!

So! Of course I had to make a separate bazooka that is interchangeable with the shoulder mounted rocket, people can purchase whichever variant they like. In fact the bazooka dwarf could be a mortar team in KoW or even a flame thrower.
And of course I just had to give the bazooka a mounted scope, because it's fun, it's cool and perfect for a deranged Chaos Dwarf weapons smith.
And I decided to make the bazooka inspired by my artwork of the zig zag arrow design of the twin towers for the Dwarves of the Dark Bell.
Link for the pics:
http://imgur.com/a/gROeLEd

The very last pic is everything that's getting shipped off tomorrow for casting, two Dwarves, a bazooka, two rockets and seven Big Hats Takes Hat off

Thank you everyone for your interest
(and hopefully this post answers your question tjub)
Cheers  Hashut!

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"

This post was last modified: 07-08-2018 03:41 AM by Admiral.

07-07-2018 11:34 PM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1389
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver x2 Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army Blogtjub 07-08-2018

Wonderful!
I had some designs for a 15mm Bazooka, but yours look better IMO! Especially with the zig zag arrow on top, so much humor. Takes Hat off

My various other hobby projects on Instagram.

07-08-2018 02:32 AM
Uther the unhinged
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Slaves: 196

RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogUther the unhinged 07-08-2018

Wow. They are all so lovely. The bazooka, the scope, the hats! Fuggit ypu have surpassed your self.

07-08-2018 03:37 AM
Cloister
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Slaves: 5

RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogCloister 07-08-2018

Oooh how exciting. Look at that selection of hats!

07-08-2018 02:35 PM
Enjoysrandom
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 425
Artisan's Contest - Bronze Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor                               
RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogEnjoysrandom 07-21-2018

I know I am late to the party for this one, but man, Fuggit, your work is always amazing, simply perfection on capturing the 3rd edition style, clean, defined, simple yet detailed. Them skills!

Check out my Google Drive, and my Ebay Store, message me if you have any questions.
07-21-2018 12:08 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Duncan
Hobgoblin

Slaves: 40

RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogDuncan 07-21-2018

Really nice Middlesbrough those hats even for me in 28mm when I do mostly 15mm will have lots of uses for architectural purposes and for turning ordinary Man O War Dwarf style ships out Chaos Dwarf vessels.

07-21-2018 01:47 AM
boyfights
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Slaves: 60

RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army Blogboyfights 07-22-2018

Very, very cool stuff that I wish I had an excuse to buy! Big Grin Hmm, maybe some counts-as Chaos Squats for Kill Team...

07-22-2018 07:41 AM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver x2 Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army Blogtjub 07-22-2018

boyfights Wrote:
Very, very cool stuff that I wish I had an excuse to buy! Big Grin Hmm, maybe some counts-as Chaos Squats for Kill Team...

Maybe as statues outside your soon to come factory terrain for your 15mm Darklands project? Wink

07-22-2018 07:48 AM
boyfights
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Slaves: 60

RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army Blogboyfights 07-22-2018

tjub Wrote:
Maybe as statues outside your soon to come factory terrain for your 15mm Darklands project? Wink

Is this a hint at some future molds? Big Grin I'm intrigued!

That's a great idea though, once I've got my basing method worked out this week it's time to start brainstorming some battlefield environments. I had planned to scratch build everything but some premade elements would help move the project along and there are a lot of nice offerings here that I'm not sure I can resist Happy

07-22-2018 08:18 AM
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Slaves: 625
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogFuggit Khan 07-25-2018

tjub Wrote:
Wonderful!
I had some designs for a 15mm Bazooka, but yours look better IMO! Especially with the zig zag arrow on top, so much humor. Takes Hat off

No army is complete without a bazooka!
I hope you do continue to make one for your tjublings, and I'm glad that you like the zig zag arrow, it was surprisingly difficult for me to sculpt it on a round tube surface, but good to know that you like it  Takes Hat off

Enjoysrandom Wrote:
I know I am late to the party for this one, but man, Fuggit, your work is always amazing, simply perfection on capturing the 3rd edition style, clean, defined, simple yet detailed. Them skills!

Better late to the party than never, fashionably late right?
Thanks for showing up  Cheers!

Duncan Wrote:
Really nice Middlesbrough those hats even for me in 28mm when I do mostly 15mm will have lots of uses for architectural purposes and for turning ordinary Man O War Dwarf style ships out Chaos Dwarf vessels.

I love Man O War ♥
I think you've got a good idea, some of the Big Hats would be perfect for bridge towers on battlebarges  Hashut!

So thank you everyone for the comments, as always everything is appreciated and taken to heart.
My next sculpt is the backbone of all of the Chaos Dwarf Empire.
What would that be you ask?
A blacksmith.
No empire is built without weapons, armor, rivets, bolts, etc.
So here is a link to pics:
http://imgur.com/a/a1bksft

It's easier for me to sculpt hands on a plastic rod, then the hands are attached to the arm by inserting the rod ends into small holes drilled into the sleeve end. And a bit hard to see, but the blacksmith hammers have small skulls on them 🔨 💀
My idea is that he could be used as a hero, an adventurer, a CD berserker, for a diorama piece, whatever you want.

Hope you like him so far  Takes Hat off

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"

This post was last modified: 07-26-2018 04:28 AM by Admiral.

07-25-2018 01:18 AM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army Blogtjub 07-25-2018

Fuggit Khan Wrote:
Hope you like him so far  Takes Hat off

I do, great hands as well! Takes Hat off

07-25-2018 01:35 AM
keckmatt
Hobgoblin

Market Rep: 5
Slaves: 3

RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army Blogkeckmatt 07-25-2018

Looks excellent.

07-25-2018 08:24 AM
Duncan
Hobgoblin

Slaves: 40

RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogDuncan 07-26-2018

I find it fascinating to  see how crisp the details are on things like the skulls on the hammers, the arrows on the hats etc.
I always have trouble with straight lines and details like that so would be interested to know how you do it. I have tried making a flat sheet of green stuff and cutting bits out to stick them on later but not very successfully.

07-26-2018 07:12 AM
Enjoysrandom
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 425
Artisan's Contest - Bronze Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor                               
RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army BlogEnjoysrandom 07-26-2018

The next sculpt is right on point again Fuggit! Its great as always!
Are you considering sculpting interchangeable hands? I like the blacksmith hammers and they suite plenty of unit filler/diorama uses but interchangeable hands seems like it would make the model usable for even more things, although its easy to convert a shield over his hand or a weapon change if really needed.
Also as for ideas for details I would hang a stogie from his chops and strap some willson riding goggles on him, maybe a mechanical backpack or a backpack with a smoke stack? But I know that whatever you add to him will look amazing regardless!

Check out my Google Drive, and my Ebay Store, message me if you have any questions.
07-26-2018 10:31 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
keckmatt
Hobgoblin

Market Rep: 5
Slaves: 3

RE: Fuggit Khan's Big Hats, Big Noses n' Big Teeth Army Blogkeckmatt 07-26-2018

With detachable hands your could easily make him a battle standard bearer.

07-26-2018 02:56 PM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  A Homage to the Great Hobgobla Fuggit Khan Enjoysrandom 12 1,500 08-16-2017 01:42 PM
Last Post: Ghrask Dragh
  MadHatter's 90's Big Hats Blog! MadHatter 7 1,636 07-07-2017 12:24 PM
Last Post: Bloodbeard
  Big noses and bigger hats. OOP Dawi Zharr! Red Skullz 302 45,464 02-20-2015 08:47 AM
Last Post: Red Skullz
  The Besieger and his Golden Army. (BETER Pictures of the Hobgoblin Khan's) The Besieger 140 69,283 03-03-2014 03:07 PM
Last Post: BABIS
Toungue Big hats, Big noses and big....shoes! I.P. 86 35,585 11-07-2009 09:52 AM
Last Post: I.P.

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites