Pages (6): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 Next > Last »
Golden Hat XX
Author MessageGolden Hat XX
Nicodemus
Grand Imperious Sorcerer of the Forge

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 40
Slaves: 1232
Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
Golden Hat XXNicodemus 10-03-2013

The Russian Alternative Presents: The 20th Golden Hat modeling and painting competition!

We are pleased to announce that this Golden Hat has been sponsored by The Russian Alternative!  They have offered up prizes for contestants placing 1st, 2nd and 3rd!

The Russian Alternative Wrote:
We are very happy to say that we would love to take part in this contest! We are prepared to provide sets of our Dwarves of Fire Canyon models (Dwarf+Unit+Command Group) for all three prize places!

That sounds awesome to me!  Each winner will receive a unit of Dwarfs of Fire Canyon, a command unit and the Dwarf of Fire Canyon hero - that's 14 of these fantastically sculpted multi-part metal models to each winner!! Did we also mention that our very own Rozmax is the sculptor? No?! Well more of his work can be found here.  Of course if you can't wait for the end of the contest to get your hands on some of these models you can always get a head start over at http://russian-alternative.ru/.

In addition, we'd like to have some random-draw giveaways so that any participant will have a chance to win a prize.  If you want to contribute a prize, you must be willing to pay for the shipping to send it to a fellow member.

Subject Matter
How powerful/amazing/frightening/inventive/fantastic Chaos Dwarfs are!

The challenge for Golden Hat #20 is to give your creativity and skills free reign while showing off just how cool Chaos Dwarfs can be! That's it. Think of the coolest thing(s) you can paint and go with it.  
(The only catch is that it must be a model or models and can't be an art painting or life-size cardboard fort in your living room that you've painted up and moved into for the duration of the competition.)

The entry an be anything you like.  It may be a single model of any size, it may be two models locked in a duel, it may be a unit, multiple units, one or more warmachines, a whole Chaos Dwarf outpost, city, shipyard, an entire army on a display board, anything - as long as it is painted.  Your entry need not be limited to a literal "Chaos Dwarf" piece either, and any reasonable 'slave' model(s) can be entered as well.  You can convert or model your own figure(s), or use any existing model(s) from any miniatures range. Just make sure it is fully painted and hasn't been shown in its completed state before (although WIP shots of any conversion or modeling work are welcome in the submission photos).

Basing
The choice is unrestricted this time, so you may choose to go with a diorama style, a plinth, or any other sort of base - or no base at all.

Please read the full rules that apply to the Golden Hat competition before submitting your entry.

When is the deadline?
We are going with the same deadline as previous Golden Hats; send all entries to the Golden Hat account no later 11:59 PM Nov 30th, 2013 EST (Eastern Standard Timezone). Entries will not be accepted after that date and time regardless of how cool your submission is. (You have around 8 weeks to complete your entry)

If for some reason you are having trouble with your submission, contact one of the Staff before the deadline. In order to avoid problems, we strongly advise entrants not wait until the very last minute to submit their entries... As things can and do go wrong at the last minute. Please do not send entries to individual Admin or Staff members to submit on your behalf as they may not check their PMs!

How to Enter
Upload up to 4 photos of your entries to the internet.  Next, send a PM to Golden Hat (a special user that all Staff have access to) containing the links where the pictures can be found. (Note: This is the same as previous Golden Hats).

If you win:
- Take your place in the Golden Hat Hall of Fame, where your glory will be remembered for years to come.
- Receive the Golden Hat medal for your online persona *
- Everyone who enters gets a number of slaves equal to the number of entries. If 40 people enter we award 40 slaves to each person who entered.
- If you place in the top 3, you'll win a prize, courtesy of The Russian Alternative.

*= As with previous Golden Hats; if there are more then 10 entrants the Silver and Bronze Golden Hat Medals will be awarded as well.

Entries will count towards a veteran medal.

As usual once all entries are received a voting thread will be created. If there are any questions please PM me, another Staff member or post them here.

Summary:
Subject Matter:  Create anything you like that will showcase just how great Chaos Dwarfs can be!
Due Date: 11:59 PM Nov 30th, 2013 EST (Eastern Standard Timezone)

If any forum members would like to help "up the ante" by donating models or other materials as prizes, feel free to contact myself or one of the Staff to help sort out the details.

I myself will be donating a bag of Warhammer Fantasy bits to one random entrant, and I'll make sure it is a good pile of stuff too!

That's it, so get those slaves back to the forges and salt mines and let's have a record-setting number of entries for GHXX!!
~N

Nicodemus' adage: "It is not enough to bash in skulls, we must bash in minds!"

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )
Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarf Expansion (Board Game Geek)

10-03-2013 02:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1177
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat XXZanko 10-03-2013

Congraz to all involved staff members! Takes Hat off

Great work (as usual) and esp. the new banner and the finding of a sponsor are awesome! Cheers!

Like always ... haste makes waste! Wink

Now I have to make my choice what I will build and paint! Unsure

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

10-03-2013 02:57 AM
furrie
hat lover

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 243

RE: Golden Hat XXfurrie 10-03-2013

This is a great theme, I can't wait to see the entries

My blog with big hatters

Hashut's Blessing Wrote:
I like big hats and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't deny, when a dwarf walks in with an iddy biddy thing and wears it on his head, you get sprung...

Kera foehunter Wrote:
But there is only one choice
Big hats anything else is just a emo Dwarf

10-03-2013 03:00 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
clam
Slave to Darkness

Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 1251
Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat XXclam 10-03-2013

Theme? - you can hardly call it that, can you? Big Grin This here, is probably as close to an "open theme" we'll ever get Happy

Thank you so much Big Grin

Really looking forward seein all the big creatures and the machine parks Happy

Clam's Coloured Classic Collection

Follow Clamshells on Facebook
10-03-2013 03:24 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Yodrin
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 296
Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Attitude - 2013 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS                               
RE: Golden Hat XXYodrin 10-03-2013

Wow, cool!! And fantastic prices as well!!! I think I might have a go at thisWink

YODRIN'S P.BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=13137

Thommy H Wrote:
This thread is two years old. The kid in question is probably in prison by now.

10-03-2013 03:30 AM
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 831
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: Golden Hat XXBloodbeard 10-03-2013

Insane! So many ideas.

High Lord Sorcerer Messiah on shield carried by steampowered Dawi Zharr? Chaos Dwarf Siege Airship of Armageddon? The whole tower city of Zharr-Naggrund? Hashut?!

It's gonna be epic!

WIP shots of conversion work is okay on my blog? Or should I keep it all completly secret?

10-03-2013 04:02 AM
G.2
Lammasu

Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 177
Golden Hat - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Golden Hat XXG.2 10-03-2013

I have two ideas for this comp. I am going to have to pick one and do it. Oh my...I will have to just gather my thoughts, and maybe even create some sort of timeline to follow, so I don't run out of time.

I'm really looking forward to see what everyone creates.

G2 is short for George Georgiou.

Standing Small - G2's miniature blog

10-03-2013 05:16 AM
Willmark
Dark Shogun of Hashut

Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1178
Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
RE: Golden Hat XXWillmark 10-03-2013

Hopefully everyone will be pleased with this one...

My Want List / My Trade List
10-03-2013 08:14 AM
bas_2312
Bull Centaur Hero

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 443
Golden Hat - Gold Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XXbas_2312 10-03-2013

Ooph.. It's going to be hard to figure out what model to use for this, but I'm looking forward to the progress! Happy

Check out some of my other stuff:
-Big Hat Ogres
-Big Hat Chaos Dwarfs
-Halfling Empire
-Scifi stuff
10-03-2013 08:56 AM
Sticklander
Bull Centaur

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 125
Major Prize Sponsor                               
RE: Golden Hat XXSticklander 10-03-2013

When seeing it was so open, I had no idea what to do, but inspiration has seeped into my brain...

'If I look back, I am lost.'
~------------~
Hobby Blogs:
Chaos Dwarfs, The Blooded Horde
A Song of Ice and Fire conversions
Moss Goblins
~------------~

10-03-2013 10:22 AM
Nicodemus
Grand Imperious Sorcerer of the Forge

Market Rep: 40
Slaves: 1232
Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Golden Hat XXNicodemus 10-03-2013

Bloodbeard Wrote:
WIP shots of conversion work is okay on my blog? Or should I keep it all completly secret?

It is OK if they've already been posted to your blog, but generally from this point forward it should not be shown until after the competition has closed and results posted. This is partly to keep entries and entrants secret until the creators are revealed at the end of the competition.  Even if you make something amazing you're opening up your entry to early criticism, and the Internet being what it is, even a couple of people who may have voted for you might vote otherwise if they saw your WIP and then subconsciously think that you didn't complete it or paint it as well as they imagined.

G.2 Wrote:
maybe even create some sort of timeline to follow, so I don't run out of time.

So I put together a timeline last night. It's funny how tasks expand to fill the time you have.  Even making week-long task specific blocks through the entire 8 weeks I'm still unsure of how I'm going to finish what I want to make in time... let alone have time for real work or training.

Here's hoping I can actually finish this time! My track record over the past two years is not good Tongue

~N

Nicodemus' adage: "It is not enough to bash in skulls, we must bash in minds!"

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )
Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarf Expansion (Board Game Geek)

10-03-2013 11:06 AM
Pyro Stick
Wizard of the Glen

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 930
Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XXPyro Stick 10-03-2013

This is a cool theme and im sure it will attract some of the best entries we have seen in a while but i think ill have to skip this one. The only thing ive got left to paint are a few models to finish up my last few units which leaves me with my whole army as an entry lol.

My Chaos Dwarf Collection: GHXXVI

10-03-2013 11:35 AM
gIL^
Playing Age of Sigmar

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 224

RE: Golden Hat XXgIL^ 10-03-2013

IM IN!

10-03-2013 12:20 PM
Fuggit Khan
Da Khan of Khans

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 471
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015                               
RE: Golden Hat XXFuggit Khan 10-03-2013

Oh, this is going to be good, what an incredibly cool idea to give a 'blank check' to everybody's creativity  Shock

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
10-03-2013 02:02 PM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Group: Retired Staff
Slaves: 1361
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XXGrimstonefire 10-03-2013

I'm definitely in this one.

I know I often say that, but I'm sick of painting rank and file and need something cool to do. Happy

I have just the project in mind as well...

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad

This post was last modified: 10-03-2013 05:13 PM by Grimstonefire.

10-03-2013 05:12 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1405
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XXAbecedar 10-04-2013

Righty oh then off to work we go... But I think I'll have trouble keeping the penchant for creating unobtainable grandiose ideas under control

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
10-04-2013 07:30 AM
Willmark
Dark Shogun of Hashut

Slaves: 1178
Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
RE: Golden Hat XXWillmark 10-04-2013

I might actually enter. It will be my first entry since GH VI. 8)

My Want List / My Trade List
10-04-2013 08:32 AM
Skink
Slann Mage Priest

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 675
Golden Hat - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Golden Hat XXSkink 10-04-2013

Sweet! I'm in! Supercool banner Nico, really really love it!!!

"Hashut! Vorgrund! Zharr Naggrund!!" A Chaos Dwarf's battlecry.

-Chaos Dwarf Spaghetti- My Dawi Zharr blog. Comes with tomato sauce!
10-04-2013 04:08 PM
Yawarakaimatsuka
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 65
Golden Hat - Silver Photobucket Migration                               
RE: Golden Hat XXYawarakaimatsuka 10-04-2013

I'm in, but man... what am I gonna do?

Here's my army blog : http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=12205

You can call me Matsu for short.
10-04-2013 05:21 PM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 423
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XXXander 10-04-2013

Yawarakaimatsuka Wrote:
I'm in, but man... what am I gonna do?

This.

I'll have to come up with something once I am back from Italy. I'm in the airport now. Starting my vacation in Rome!

Follow CDO on Twitter: Twitter
10-04-2013 07:58 PM
Pages (6): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites