Post Reply  Post Thread 
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Xx9millxX's chaos dwarves (finally started)
Author MessageXx9millxX's chaos dwarves (finally started)
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 834
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: Xx9millxX's chaos dwarves (finally started)Bloodbeard 01-07-2014

Good work. Nice halberd - bigger weapons is allways a win!

And i like the new colour scheme for the grunts - they're more gritty and soldier like now.

01-07-2014 05:43 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Xx9millxX
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 39

RE: Xx9millxX's chaos dwarves (finally started)Xx9millxX 01-07-2014

Thanks guys ...

@herby
Lol it's not so much green as more of a greyish green (pics make it look more greenish)
I like it .. It's different from everyone elses ..
Chaos dwarfs were trapped underground for years before being tainted by the powers of chaos ...  IMO they would have a very pale different color skin tone and that's my interpretation of what they would look like...

@bloodbeard
Thanks I agree . Bigger weapons are better Happy
And yea I like the way the IG turned out better too .. Not so dull looking anymore

01-07-2014 06:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Yodrin
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 296
Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Attitude - 2013 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS                               
RE: Xx9millxX's chaos dwarves (finally started)Yodrin 01-07-2014

Agree, bigger the better!!!! (my wife also agreeHappy)

Your deamonsmith looks ace, convertion and paint wise!

YODRIN'S P.BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=13137

Thommy H Wrote:
This thread is two years old. The kid in question is probably in prison by now.

01-07-2014 06:36 AM
Xx9millxX
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

RE: Xx9millxX's chaos dwarves (finally started)Xx9millxX 01-10-2014

Okay so here's the whole army...(sorry for the shitty pics taken from iPhone) it's mostly FW but a few titanwargames and russian alternative

Magma cannon (next to some 40k dark vengeance lol)

Hellcannon and Death Shrieker Rocket Launcher

Khan and Wolf Riders w/ musician

Okay so here's my Infernal Guard w/(titanwargames) great weapons, (russianalt)command and BSB  ..
Couple fireglaives in the back but they are "great weapons" too lol .. I'd like to get 5 more Titanwargames royal guard so it's a full 25 man block

IG Fireglaives x14(russian alt and couple FW) would like to maybe bump it up to 16/18 man unit

IG or ironsworn with command,not sure which yet .. With my prophet

I might put the "ironsworn" command on the fireglaive unit instead and make them a bit bigger.. That way I have 2 decent core blocks, Then use the 11 ironsworn as a "personal body gaurd" for my prophet..

Also have 3 bull centaurs with the Taur'ruk but I forgot to take pic of them and they're at my house. (I'm at my girls parents house for the week animal-sitting) ..brought a few things and paints though so Ima try to get somethin done this week

I know this isn't the most interesting blog but bear with me ... I was planning on having lots of time after the holidays to begin painting and stuff but I've been so damn busy I've barely had time to do anything.
Bear with me guys .. I'll get ya some more "colorful" pictures soon

01-10-2014 03:17 AM
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 834
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: Xx9millxX's chaos dwarves (finally started)Bloodbeard 01-10-2014

I think you should mix the models when setting up the units. I theese pictures you have the models from different miniaturelines seperated. Like the FW fireglaives standing in one side like the odd penguins out.

Really looking forward to seeing the units all painted in the same colour schemes. Then I think the mix match of miniatures will look great then - chaotic.

01-10-2014 05:32 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Xx9millxX
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

RE: Xx9millxX's chaos dwarves (finally started)Xx9millxX 01-10-2014

Bloodbeard Wrote:
I think you should mix the models when setting up the units. I theese pictures you have the models from different miniaturelines seperated. Like the FW fireglaives standing in one side like the odd penguins out.

Really looking forward to seeing the units all painted in the same colour schemes. Then I think the mix match of miniatures will look great then - chaotic.

Yea that is my plan ... Just did it like that for now to see where I stand rank,unit and number wise Happy

01-10-2014 05:42 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 158
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017                               
RE: Xx9millxX's chaos dwarves (finally started)Admiral 01-10-2014

That army looks promising. Good choice of miniatures. Good luck with painting it all!

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXIX - Voting Deadline 18th of January  ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings:
Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.
01-10-2014 12:44 PM
Yodrin
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 296
Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Attitude - 2013 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS                               
RE: Xx9millxX's chaos dwarves (finally started)Yodrin 01-10-2014

Lots of nice minis, nice mix. GL painting, and I LF to seeing some pics in the futureWink

YODRIN'S P.BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=13137

Thommy H Wrote:
This thread is two years old. The kid in question is probably in prison by now.

01-10-2014 03:46 PM
Sticklander
Bull Centaur

Slaves: 125
Major Prize Sponsor                               
RE: Xx9millxX's chaos dwarves (finally started)Sticklander 01-11-2014

That's a big ol' horde! Lots of painting to look forward to! Wink

'If I look back, I am lost.'
~------------~
Hobby Blogs:
Chaos Dwarfs, The Blooded Horde
A Song of Ice and Fire conversions
Moss Goblins
~------------~

01-11-2014 01:54 PM
Xx9millxX
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

RE: Xx9millxX's chaos dwarves (finally started)Xx9millxX 01-11-2014

Lol thanks guys Happy

@sticklander yea it's about 2500 points.. They're gettin done slowly but surely .. I prefer to do them one at a time because they turn out so much better. Plus I got a good amount of time before I'm able to  take them to play anyways

01-11-2014 02:12 PM
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  So I started a Chaos Dwarf Army...Update 8-24-13 Gunnerson 103 48,080 10-31-2013 03:32 AM
Last Post: Soulassassin
  Finally started! MartyF 19 5,643 06-08-2009 02:57 PM
Last Post: Zanko

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites