Post Reply  Post Thread 
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
My first Chaos Dwarf since the June Flood.
Author MessageMy first Chaos Dwarf since the June Flood.
Tarrakk Blackhand
Tarrakk Blackhand LIVES!!!

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 637
Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
Cool  My first Chaos Dwarf since the June Flood.Tarrakk Blackhand 01-05-2014

Hi everyone!

Finally got a Chaos Dwarf painted! This is one that was donated to me by you good people.  Takes Hat off I tried out the new Citadel Paint set and I have to say the new colours are fantastic! Even tried the 'ardcoat on the scales and weapons for a glossy shine.

Now I need to get out my photo lights for a better photograph.

Hope you like him!

Amaze your friends when you post your Chaos Dwarf model pictures on our forum at http://www.monster-hobbies.com today!
01-05-2014 03:39 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1339
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: My first Chaos Dwarf since the June Flood.Zanko 01-05-2014

Hey dude!

The mini looks great! I like the colour scheme a lot! Takes Hat off

Now I'm eager to see more of your "new" stuff! Wink

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

01-05-2014 04:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Yodrin
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 296
Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Attitude - 2013 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS                               
RE: My first Chaos Dwarf since the June Flood.Yodrin 01-05-2014

Nice and clean, looks great!!

YODRIN'S P.BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=13137

Thommy H Wrote:
This thread is two years old. The kid in question is probably in prison by now.

01-05-2014 04:54 PM
Tarrakk Blackhand

Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: My first Chaos Dwarf since the June Flood.Tarrakk Blackhand 01-06-2014

I had to move some stuff around the house from the flood, but I finally found the flood lights (Pardon the pun) for my model kit photography. I really need to make myself a light booth someday. I keep running into shadows from placing the camera lens too close to the models.

Question - Are these models considered to be holding a great weapon?

Amaze your friends when you post your Chaos Dwarf model pictures on our forum at http://www.monster-hobbies.com today!

This post was last modified: 01-06-2014 01:05 AM by Tarrakk Blackhand.

01-06-2014 12:48 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 834
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: My first Chaos Dwarf since the June Flood.Bloodbeard 01-06-2014

A nice little guy there. I think the 'ardcoat on the scales works good.

01-06-2014 01:33 AM
Tarrakk Blackhand

Veteran Medal - Bronze                               

Thank-you. I wanted to give them a sheen, like they just came off the dragon's back - or even like the heavily shellacked armour plate on a Samauri!

This post was last modified: 01-06-2014 02:00 AM by Tarrakk Blackhand.

01-06-2014 01:58 AM
TheFNG
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 60
Best General - 2013                               
RE: My first Chaos Dwarf since the June Flood.TheFNG 01-06-2014

Nice job!  Yes I use these models for great weapons myself.

“Thus we may know that there are five essentials for victory:
1 He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight.
2 He will win who knows how to handle both superior and inferior forces.
3 He will win whose army is animated by the same spirit throughout all its ranks.
4 He will win who, prepared himself, waits to take the enemy unprepared.
5 He will win who has military capacity and is not interfered with by the sovereign.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

2013:  High Elves 2-1; Chaos Dwarfs 2-1
2014: Chaos Dwarfs 4-3-1
01-06-2014 08:39 AM
Bassman
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 640
Golden Hat - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2                               
RE: My first Chaos Dwarf since the June Flood.Bassman 01-06-2014

Nice! I like it even though the shiny scales are not my cup of tea.
It's also good to notice you're back to business after the flood!!!

Go Monster hobbies! Happy A real dwarf never surrender!

Alan the evil Wrote:
bassman spoke... and I do agree!!

Are you interested in the Last Supper by Leonardo da Vinci? Check here: http://milanoarte.net/en/tour/the-last-s...ly-for-you

Bored of slashing your slaves? Take a vacation in Milan:
http://www.milantour.net

01-06-2014 10:01 AM
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 720
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x3                               
RE: My first Chaos Dwarf since the June Flood.Fuggit Khan 01-06-2014

I love the simple touch of the copper at the base of the silver spike on top of his Big Hat...what a nice way to add a bit of color in a subtle, yet effective way. It would of never occurred to me to paint the spike in two colors...if you don't mind, I'll have to borrow (steal?) that idea.
Very nicely done Takes Hat off

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
01-06-2014 06:17 PM
Tarrakk Blackhand

Veteran Medal - Bronze                               

Thank-you! It's actually gold! Big Grin

01-06-2014 07:41 PM
Sticklander
Bull Centaur

Slaves: 125
Major Prize Sponsor                               
RE: My first Chaos Dwarf since the June Flood.Sticklander 01-07-2014

Very nice classic look there! Interested to see some others!

'If I look back, I am lost.'
~------------~
Hobby Blogs:
Chaos Dwarfs, The Blooded Horde
A Song of Ice and Fire conversions
Moss Goblins
~------------~

01-07-2014 08:31 AM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1664
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x3 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018                               
RE: My first Chaos Dwarf since the June Flood.Abecedar 01-07-2014

Great to see you painting again. Will be waiting for more.

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
01-07-2014 07:02 PM
Zuh-Khinie
Bull Centaur

Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 335

RE: My first Chaos Dwarf since the June Flood.Zuh-Khinie 01-08-2014

Always nice to see a classic getting some love Happy

My army blog Cheers!
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=10136

01-08-2014 09:46 AM
Tarrakk Blackhand

Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: My first Chaos Dwarf since the June Flood.Tarrakk Blackhand 01-24-2014

Thank-You everyone!

Here's some Warriors and a Blunderbuss Unit.

I built this Chaos Dwarf Champion using Green Stuff and some extra parts from my bits box when I first joined Chaos Dwarfs Online many years ago. I finally finished him at this paint night (And the next day).

The back of the Chaos Dwarf Champion. He captured a little Gnoblar in his conquests.

A group shot of Axe Men and Club Men. All curled beards are Green Stuff.

The Chaos Dwarf Club Men. The clubs came from the Chaos Warrior Bits. The Skeleton Shields came from the old Undead Shield Set.

The back of the Chaos Dwarf Club Men.

The Chaos Dwarf Axe Men. Their bases represent different seasons. I was experimenting with the new texture paints.

The back of the Chaos Dwarf Axe Men. All the pleated armor was done using Green Stuff.

01-24-2014 01:53 AM
Tarrakk Blackhand

Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: My first Chaos Dwarf since the June Flood.Tarrakk Blackhand 01-24-2014

...and the Blunderbuss Unit :

The Chaos Dwarf Blunderbuss unit. The Axe Man on the left is standing in for the Standard Bearer. I need to find a model for that.

The second row of the Blunderbuss Unit. I wanted these Dwarfs to look older, so I gave them all grey beards. This unit are Veterans, the best of the best.

The back row. I used some new painting techniques based on the guide for the new Citadel Paints found on the GW Web Site.

The writs bands are Brass, the medalions and trigger mechanisms are Bronze. This unit also has green shirts on as opposed to the blue shirts of the warriors.

The back of the Blunderbuss Dwarfs. The leather pouches were tricky as the brown was so close in colour to the red of their armour. I like the shoulder strap guy the best out of the simple foot soldiers.

The back of the command group, The scroll came from a Skaven set. I have yet to write something on the front of the scroll. What's Chaos Dwarf for "You're dead meat"?Takes Hat off

01-24-2014 02:08 AM
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 720
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x3                               
RE: My first Chaos Dwarf since the June Flood.Fuggit Khan 01-24-2014

I'm happy to see that your Dawi Zharr army is coming all back together again...I'm sure it's a daunting challenge to lose an army and then start all over again...I like your Dwarven determination Cheers!
Let the lesser Warhammer races fear as the army of Tarrakk Blackhand once again sets forth to do battle

Keep up the work, I look forward to seeing more

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
01-24-2014 01:02 PM
thewizardofoz
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 44

RE: My first Chaos Dwarf since the June Flood.thewizardofoz 01-26-2014

So what is next on your schedule then? You said you got some bull centaurs - Id love to see your colour scheme on those.

“Oh, no, my dear, I’m a very good man. I’m just a very bad wizard.”
01-26-2014 11:20 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 628
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017                               
RE: My first Chaos Dwarf since the June Flood.Admiral 01-26-2014

Colourful yet brutal looks on those Chaos Dwarfs. After that unfortunate June flood you might be interested in keeping a watertight safebox (if such are available) in case of natural disasters.

After the deluge, conquest by fire. Whip the world and slash the slaves. All hail Tarrak Blackhand the returned! Cheers!

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXXIII - Deadline 23rd of September  ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings:
Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.

This post was last modified: 01-26-2014 11:47 AM by Admiral.

01-26-2014 11:45 AM
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 834
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: My first Chaos Dwarf since the June Flood.Bloodbeard 01-27-2014

Good thing you are gather a host of dawi zharr once again. I still can't imagine just how sad I would be to see my force sail away.

These models remind me of some really old nineties models - and the bright colours too. So that's actually nice.

But I don't think the look like Chaos Dwarfs at all. The look like regular dwarfs. Bright colours, warm faces. And they are really naughty to steal our big hats!

Looking forward to some large groups shots.

01-27-2014 04:04 AM
Tarrakk Blackhand

Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: My first Chaos Dwarf since the June Flood.Tarrakk Blackhand 01-28-2014

Thanx! The faces would look better if I hadn't run out of Green Stuff.

You can consider these dwarfs as "Good Dwarfs gone bad!".

01-28-2014 01:13 PM
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Throng of Ahkalaz - Chaos Dwarf WIP - Update: 7th June 2019 TheGngrNoob 10 807 07-09-2019 08:59 PM
Last Post: Reaver of Uzkulak

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites