Author MessageJanuary 2014 Paint Night at Monster Hobbies
Tarrakk Blackhand
Tarrakk Blackhand LIVES!!!

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 637
Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
January 2014 Paint Night at Monster HobbiesTarrakk Blackhand 01-11-2014

The first Monster Hobbies Paint Night of 2014.

Everyone had fun painting, talking and getting their Warhammer models ready for the upcoming escalation battles.

Attendant included Kip Duce Whitt Duce Tyson Kemery Alexander Iggy Sak and Trevor Ursulescu.

All this happened at Monster Hobbies in High River Alberta Canada

Tyson Kemery returned after many years and was finally given an opportunity to add colour to his myriad of Night Goblin models.

Alexander Iggy Sak was busy painting his first yellow Space Marine models. Even though he didn't use an undercoat, they looked awesome at the end of the night! Right out of the pages of White Dwarf!

Whitt Duce was painting up a storm using his fantastic paint tray. The Wood Elves will never look better!

Kip Duce put the finishing touches on his High Elves spearmen.

A group shot of Axe Men and Club Men. All curled beards are Green Stuff. This is what I painted!

Amaze your friends when you post your Chaos Dwarf model pictures on our forum at http://www.monster-hobbies.com today!
01-11-2014 11:41 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sticklander
Bull Centaur

Group: Dawi Zharr
Slaves: 125
Major Prize Sponsor                               
RE: January 2014 Paint Night at Monster HobbiesSticklander 01-12-2014

I wish the group I went to did painting nights, as that's all I'm good for at the moment! haha

Looks like a merry gathering, and there's something quite jolly about your Chaos Dwarfs!

'If I look back, I am lost.'
~------------~
Hobby Blogs:
Chaos Dwarfs, The Blooded Horde
A Song of Ice and Fire conversions
Moss Goblins
~------------~

01-12-2014 05:51 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 96
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: January 2014 Paint Night at Monster HobbiesAdmiral 01-12-2014

Seems like productive fun. Lacking a hobby centre, my local hobby group usually meet and have workshops rather than lone sessions.

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXX - Voting Deadline 18th of July ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.
01-12-2014 08:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tarrakk Blackhand
Tarrakk Blackhand LIVES!!!

Group: Immortals
Slaves: 637
Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: January 2014 Paint Night at Monster HobbiesTarrakk Blackhand 01-17-2014

Last Warhammer Paining Night I took some pictures of the guys painting their models and posted it on Hobby Talk and on Chaos Dwarfs Online. Here's an encouraging little story from Aurora Fan about his son and Warhammer 40K :

Congratulations to you and these young men! So nice to see them develop real world skills and use their imagination.

My son was 10 when WH40K came out. He did poorly in school and his reading and writing skills were way below average.

Yet he took an interest in this game and struggled to read the rules from the original WH40K I bought him. I also bought him Space Marine miniatures and taught him to paint to match the color photographs in his book. The book even showed how to use household odds and ends to create tanks and heavy armour. I built an Ork Freebooterz warband myself for him to battle against!

Long story short, he graduated college ahead of his peers, runs a successful company and still scratch builds and paints his Space Wolf Armys to this day!

I am proud of his success and attribute no small part of it to his interest in WH40K. I love to see what you are doing for these young men and it sort of brought little tears to my eyes and so I shared this story. Keep up the good work

(PS I still have the 1987 orignial Warhammer 40 K Rogue Trader and some of the original miniature Space Marines he painted. They hold sentimental value although I imagine it is a collectible by now)

Amaze your friends when you post your Chaos Dwarf model pictures on our forum at http://www.monster-hobbies.com today!
01-17-2014 12:06 AM
thewizardofoz
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 44

RE: January 2014 Paint Night at Monster Hobbiesthewizardofoz 01-26-2014

So when you say this was a painting night, what do you mean exactly?

Did you stay open all night to paint as in till dawn or just till late?

“Oh, no, my dear, I’m a very good man. I’m just a very bad wizard.”
01-26-2014 11:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Shy Monster Hobbies back in a real building again since the 2013 Flood! Tarrakk Blackhand 7 2,447 04-02-2014 04:16 AM
Last Post: Tarrakk Blackhand
Shy Re-opening Monster Hobbies in new location - need advice and help. Tarrakk Blackhand 11 3,243 01-04-2014 11:44 PM
  Opening Day for Monster Hobbies at the Sprung Buildings. Tarrakk Blackhand 11 3,694 10-08-2013 07:49 PM
  Rebuilding Monster Hobbies Tarrakk Blackhand 20 8,287 09-17-2013 04:40 PM
  Monster Hobbies @ Home Tarrakk Blackhand 14 7,681 08-31-2013 11:03 PM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites