Post Reply  Post Thread 
Pages (6): « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Next > Last »
3 Votes - 4 Average   An alliance to watch the Old World burn.
Author MessageAn alliance to watch the Old World burn.
Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 89
Platinum Army Medal - 6000 PTS                               
RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn.Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed 08-20-2014

Got a few more additions to my Chaos Horde. I had an hour to get these bad boys painted and based Wink Well they aren't hobby masterpieces but hey 300pts of Deathshriekers will nail anything Wink

Your blood or my blood, as long as it flows my Lord shall bless...
Warriors of Chaos
Chaos Dwarfs
Wargames, Hobby and Terrain Complex
08-20-2014 09:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Yodrin
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 296
Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Attitude - 2013 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS                               
RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn.Yodrin 08-20-2014

Wow, niiiiiiceeeee!!!

YODRIN'S P.BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=13137

Thommy H Wrote:
This thread is two years old. The kid in question is probably in prison by now.

08-20-2014 03:55 PM
RedRaven
Hobgoblin

Slaves: 9

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn.RedRaven 08-20-2014

Your custom-scratch-built-dakka is top notch. Truly inspiring, thanks for sharing it.

08-20-2014 05:12 PM
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 834
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn.Bloodbeard 08-21-2014

Good work ethics to get that many deathshriekers done quickly! A pretty nasty thing to bring into a game.

08-21-2014 01:00 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1528
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn.tjub 08-21-2014

Looks good for the time spent on them. Maybe add a colour on something small to make them pop?

Intro to 15mm Kings of War
My CDO blog containing all things Chaos Dwarf.
My various other hobby projects on Instagram.
Follow Admiralty Miniatures on Facebook!

This post was last modified: 08-22-2014 02:57 AM by tjub.

08-21-2014 02:40 AM
Chaos Dwarf Hero

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn.Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed 08-21-2014

tjub Wrote:
Looks good for the time spent on them. Maybe add a colour on sorting small to make them pop?

So true, and thanks for being honest. When i started repainting my Chaos forces i was using Red for capes etc... as i have gone through newer units i have definately neglected them. Just 1 extra colour does bring a lot to the model and in the grand scheme of things i could still do the 2nd colour just after the metal drybrush and just before i start throwing washes on... i think you have inspired me again Wink

Warriors of Chaos
Chaos Dwarfs
08-21-2014 09:52 PM
Ben Saunders
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Slaves: 36

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn.Ben Saunders 08-24-2014

Nice Deathshriekers indeed. I see that they're based on CSM Havoc Missile Launchers - any other tips on how you built them?

I think the fairly limited colour palette works well too, though perhaps a bit of red or some other spot colour would help them pop more.

08-24-2014 07:04 AM
Chaos Dwarf Hero

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn.Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed 08-25-2014

took some advice and added an extra colour to my recent batch Wink
Been busy with some more Chaos Dwarf stuff Wink

Great Weapon Infernal Guard block

Sorcerer Prophet on magic carpet. This badboy hangs with warmachines for his 2++ LOS roll then deathsnipes punks as they break my line

Castellan outdoor slaver outfit

Fire daemonsmith

Prophet that rolls with IG sword and board, nice and safe until he miscasts...

Fire daemonsmith

Castellan BSB

"Hobgoblin wolf riders"

"Hobgoblin Khan"

Warriors of Chaos
Chaos Dwarfs
08-25-2014 11:37 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 261
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017                               
RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn.Admiral 08-26-2014

The paintjob is a bit rough, but it's shaping up nicely. Well done! Cheers!

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXVIII - Deadline 31st of October  ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings:
Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.
08-26-2014 06:36 AM
Chaos Dwarf Hero

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn.Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed 09-10-2014

Finished up some 'Fireglaives' and an Earthshaker Cannon today. Puts my painted Chaos Dwarf allies at over 6k Wink Usual fuzzy phone pix and underwhelming paintjobs incoming!

Warriors of Chaos
Chaos Dwarfs
09-10-2014 08:57 PM
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 740
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x3                               
RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn.Fuggit Khan 09-12-2014

I know I've said it before...but I'm going to say it again: I really love your Earthshaker/Dreadquake mortar. Good to see it with some paint...could you share some more pics of it for us? I would love to see more of all the details you put into it.
It really is a marvelous arcane construct Cheers!

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
09-12-2014 11:56 AM
Chaos Dwarf Hero

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn.Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed 09-12-2014

Fuggit Khan Wrote:
I know I've said it before...but I'm going to say it again: I really love your Earthshaker/Dreadquake mortar. Good to see it with some paint...could you share some more pics of it for us? I would love to see more of all the details you put into it.
It really is a marvelous arcane construct Cheers!

Thanks Fuggit Khan, your work has been very inspirational to me so it means a lot Happy i've been taking all the dodgey pix with my phone but i have all the equipment to take real nice photos so i'm going to get onto rephotographing everything. I just finished up my 2 iron daemons so new pix will be up soon Happy

Warriors of Chaos
Chaos Dwarfs
09-12-2014 10:57 PM
Doombeard
Unregistered

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn.Doombeard 09-13-2014

pls take some nicer pics with good lighting, want to see all the details and cool stuff you have done!

09-13-2014 09:48 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Bloodbeard

Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn.Bloodbeard 09-13-2014

Your army is growing pretty large and fast Vantraxx. Good work there. I too would like some better pictures deserves it. But you mobile can do better than it does. Put the miniatures on a sheet (so there's no distracting colour around) and take the pictures outside on in day light. That'll do wonders even for phone photos.

You must have a pretty large Army Medal in there. Mae a legal army list to accompany an army photo, then post a link to Nicodemus. Get your virtual bling.

This post was last modified: 09-13-2014 03:50 PM by Bloodbeard.

09-13-2014 03:50 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Chaos Dwarf Hero

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn.Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed 09-14-2014

Bloodbeard Wrote:
Get your virtual bling.

I did a few test pix with my iron daemons and the earthshaker.  I'll post them tonight... i'll need a bigger area for the armyshot but i'm working on it Happy

Warriors of Chaos
Chaos Dwarfs
09-14-2014 02:24 AM
Chaos Dwarf Hero

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn.Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed 09-14-2014

Here is one of my Iron Daemons. This one will stand in as a Skullcracker if i was to ever use it but it also has guns because hey, they are just better Wink I'm playing around with different ways to take photos so i hope you enjoy my shoddyness up close and personal Wink  

As far as the model itself, well it is a mashup of a lot of different bits. It's not like i don't like the Forgeworld model... that this is brilliant but way too overpriced in my books so i started making 2 Wink

Warriors of Chaos
Chaos Dwarfs
09-14-2014 06:45 AM
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Here are some more pix of my Earthshaker Cannon.
Bits used to make this one include 40 biker wheels, a pincushion, lots of chains and super glue lids Wink Also, Mitch gave me a limited edition slayer Dwarf that i converted into the extra Ogre crewman (thx Mitch), enjoy!

Warriors of Chaos
Chaos Dwarfs
09-14-2014 07:34 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 261
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017                               
RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn.Admiral 09-14-2014

Great warmachine conversions. Happy

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXVIII - Deadline 31st of October  ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings:
Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.
09-14-2014 07:58 AM
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 740
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x3                               
RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn.Fuggit Khan 09-16-2014

Thank you for sharing more pics with us of your war machines, good to see some close up pics of all the imaginative details.
You have a very interesting style of scratch builds, they really look like a Daemonsmith built them...I love them!
And the red snow is awesome Cheers!

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
09-16-2014 02:04 PM
Bloodbeard

RE: An alliance to watch the Old World burn.Bloodbeard 09-16-2014

That's the way to take photos of aweaome miniatures. Nice!
Have do you do the white background?

Anyway. Good job. Takes some slaves for more red snow.

09-16-2014 02:31 PM
Pages (6): « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Watch the Olde World Burn Kaptain BlackSquig 31 8,867 06-19-2015 05:32 AM
Last Post: Axtklinge

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites