Post Reply  Post Thread 
Guess game: The Binding of the Daemon Lugg-Hazh
Author MessageGuess game: The Binding of the Daemon Lugg-Hazh
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 697
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
Guess game: The Binding of the Daemon Lugg-HazhAdmiral 01-29-2014

Hoy, I'll add a rank filler/K'daai Fireborn to my army which will stand out a bit. For the fun of it I wrote a quick fluff section on it.

It's an unconverted metal miniature. It's not a GW reference or model. Can you guess which one? You may be able to, if you've done your fantasy reading!

Take a look at the background piece below and make a guess. Cheers!

"Darkness be. The ashes of humiliation have been swallowed. The preparations have been made. The sacrifices are ready. Let the ritual of binding commence.

I, Merhanzibul Eyegouger, son of Grazhik and Aekra of clan Himzhul, summon thee.

I, who am the Dark Father's slave and fodder, summon high god Hashut as judge of this ritual.

Oh, you Lord of fire and greed. I prostrate myself before your idol. May you accept this mutilation sacrifice of a live thrall's limb. My dedication is yours. Your fire devour!

I, most craven of creatures, summon the three vigilant Daemons of myth, Urnak, Irzak and Mralfubaal, as witnesses of this ritual.

Hear me, see me, know me, heinous watchers. Receive this rune-scarring sacrifice upon the whipped backs of three thralls. Drink deep of it as payment for your service.

Yet beware, Daemonkin, for my kin owns your souls and possess everlasting mastery of your fickle bodies. Vigiliance be mutual. You may not betray, lie or close your eyes to this ritual. Your humiliation endures!

I, who am but a slave to darkness, invoke the power of the sorcerous wards and obsidian cages, and beseech thee to enslave and trample the living will out of your victim. May this splattering of thrall blood guide hunger.

I, blacksmith of Chaos, reach into the mysteries beyond matter and spirit and calls out to the Daemon known as Lugg-Hazh and command you thrice to answer my summoning!

Answer! Answer! Answer!

I, breaker of backs, crusher of heads, see you, mighty Lugg-Hazh. Your name is known to me and your name is written on this cage which now falls onto your strong form and traps it.

In the name of Hashut the Father of Darkness I hereby cripple and enslave your being into a bound existence in ash and chains. Hear my nine commandments!

You will not betray your masters.

You will not rebel against your masters.

You will not protest against your masters.

You will not lie to your masters.

You will not refuse your masters' will.

You will not destroy the property of your masters.

You will not plot against your masters.

You will not escape from your masters.

You will not seek vengeance against your masters.

Know that my lord Sorcerer-Prophet Nir-Kezhar is now your first master. Know that I, enslaver of souls, is now your second master. Know that the Red Host is now your third master. Know that your masters are now Dawi Zharr.

Heed our will, Lugg-Hazh. Carry our burdens and swallow our foes.

You will know the cruelty of torture and the ashes of humiliation as punishment should you fail in your tasks. You will know the drink of blood and the food of flesh should you succeed in your tasks.

Rise, slave, and be forever our slave.

I, bringer of sacrifices, end this ritual which Hashut has judged and the three Daemons of myth have witnessed. Darkness be."

- Binding of the Daemon Lugg-Hazh

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXV - Deadline 4th of September ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.

This post was last modified: 01-30-2014 07:09 AM by Admiral.

01-29-2014 08:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 833
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: Guess game: The Binding of the Daemon Lugg-HazhBloodbeard 01-29-2014

No Idea. But that was a pretty nice test. If you read that before every game your k'daii will never fail.

01-29-2014 05:29 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 621
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Guess game: The Binding of the Daemon Lugg-HazhFuggit Khan 01-29-2014

This sounds so vaguely familiar...I have a hunch it may of been something I read as a kid? But I can't quite place it...it vaguely reminds me of an old game I had as a kid that was where you would play a sorceror summoning demons to fight other players/sorcerors (can't remember the name of the game though).
It also has a slight biblical tone to it...whatever it's from, it's well written and an enjoyable read.

it's going to bug me all day as I try to figure it out

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
01-29-2014 07:03 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: Guess game: The Binding of the Daemon Lugg-HazhAdmiral 01-30-2014

Good of you guys to attempt the guess game. The name and one of the lines are important clues as to what character it is.

Another clue: It is a character created by a famous English author.

Thanks, besides! The summoning ramble was made up on the spot.

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXV - Deadline 4th of September ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.

This post was last modified: 01-30-2014 07:11 AM by Admiral.

01-30-2014 07:04 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: Guess game: The Binding of the Daemon Lugg-HazhAdmiral 02-03-2014

A last clue before revealing the miniature when I have painted it.

He, or it, have hinges.

This post was last modified: 02-03-2014 01:01 PM by Admiral.

02-03-2014 12:58 PM
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Guess game: The Binding of the Daemon Lugg-HazhFuggit Khan 02-03-2014

I was actually thinking about this over the weekend...I'm still stumped, yet it still sounds so vaguely familiar. I have not given up yet...but I have also resigned myself to the fact that I just can't figure it out Wink

Hinges?

02-03-2014 01:08 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: Guess game: The Binding of the Daemon Lugg-HazhAdmiral 04-22-2014

Good of you to try it, Fuggit Khan! The answer is the Luggage from Discworld Miniatures. This is Lugg-Hazh:

It's not such a completely mad unit filler if you think of Chaos on the one hand, and the greed of Chaos Dwarfs on the other. You need somewhere to store those precious objects when on campaigns.

Something that bite. Takes Hat off

04-22-2014 07:07 PM
MadHatter
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 237
Scribe's Contest Silver Best General - 2014 Scribe's Contest Bronze                               
RE: Guess game: The Binding of the Daemon Lugg-HazhMadHatter 04-22-2014

Admiral Wrote:
It's not such a completely mad unit filler if you think of Chaos on the one hand, and the greed of Chaos Dwarfs on the other. You need somewhere to store those precious objects when on campaigns.

Something that bite. Takes Hat off

Pure genius, I feel my unit-in-the-making is naked and ill-equipped now lol

May your hat be tall and your beard ever coiled.
MadHatter's 90's Big Hats Blog!
04-22-2014 07:24 PM
Yodrin
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 296
Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Attitude - 2013 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS                               
RE: Guess game: The Binding of the Daemon Lugg-HazhYodrin 04-23-2014

Its a great unit filler imo. Dont need to have big and wacky things all the time as fillers...

And cool chest it is!!

YODRIN'S P.BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=13137

Thommy H Wrote:
This thread is two years old. The kid in question is probably in prison by now.

04-23-2014 02:34 AM
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 833
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: Guess game: The Binding of the Daemon Lugg-HazhBloodbeard 04-23-2014

Ahahaha! That is absolutely brilliant! I love it.

It was that crazy chest that made me read all them discworld books. Great little sculpt.

04-23-2014 02:59 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

RE: Guess game: The Binding of the Daemon Lugg-HazhFuggit Khan 04-23-2014

Ah! the name is a clever touch....'Lugg' should have been my clue Tongue Wink
Anyways, a very cool mini, and nicely painted as well...I think I will have to buy one of these little chest guys too, looks fun to paint up Takes Hat off

04-23-2014 11:29 AM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1476
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2                               
RE: Guess game: The Binding of the Daemon Lugg-HazhAbecedar 04-24-2014

I had no hope at all.  I only read the first disc world novel and that was sooo long ago.

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
04-24-2014 02:12 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: Guess game: The Binding of the Daemon Lugg-HazhAdmiral 04-26-2014

Thanks guys. Someone at Warseer managed to guess right. Maybe there'll be more guess games in the future. Cheers!

04-26-2014 06:33 AM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Guess the contents of the jar. Grimstonefire 6 2,275 03-13-2012 03:25 AM
Last Post: Vogon
  Guess what I found in my garden! Golder Goldeater 15 3,594 08-28-2011 12:13 PM
Last Post: Willmark
  Guess who's back? Borador 14 4,035 12-21-2010 04:06 PM
Last Post: Borador

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites