Author MessageDisciple of Hashut
Zerta
Hobgoblin

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 3

Disciple of HashutZerta 03-18-2014

Hello guys!Takes Hat off

Here are some reinforcements from Belgium for chaos dwarfs! I just begin, so here are the first test figures:

I hope my english is correct!

2017 Image Salvage

This post was last modified: 08-07-2017 06:11 AM by Admiral.

03-18-2014 01:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Grimbold Blackhammer
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Slaves: 199
Best General - 2012 Scribe's Contest Silver Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Disciple of AshutGrimbold Blackhammer 03-18-2014

English is fine.  But it's "Hashut", not "ass-hut" =)

Yellow is a bold color.  Good for you for taking it on!!

Grimbold Blackhammer

http://www.the-ninth-age.com/
03-18-2014 06:29 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1473
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2                               
RE: Disciple of AshutAbecedar 03-18-2014

Welcome.  A couple of people, well maybe one, has done some yellow armour before.  Dirty it up a bit then re-highlight it is the way to go.
Take the time to browse through the army blogs and showcases.  Their is great inspiration there.

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
03-18-2014 07:14 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 126
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: Disciple of AshutAdmiral 03-18-2014

Nice conversions and painting. That yellow will be a bold colour scheme. Happy

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXX - Voting Deadline 18th of July ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.
03-18-2014 08:06 PM
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 833
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: Disciple of AshutBloodbeard 03-19-2014

Nice conversions you have going there. I like those evil faces. The dark skin colour is good too, gritty and dirty.

Maybe it's the camera, but I really think you should darken the yellow up a bit.

Give it some gryphone sepia (don't know the new name) or some agrax earthshade. They simply look too clean compared to the rest of the model.

03-19-2014 02:10 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Yodrin
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 296
Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Attitude - 2013 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS                               
RE: Disciple of AshutYodrin 03-19-2014

Hey, and welcome. I agree with the earlier comments. Nice conversions, and the dark colors look good. The yellow needs to be toned down, to bright.

YODRIN'S P.BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=13137

Thommy H Wrote:
This thread is two years old. The kid in question is probably in prison by now.

03-19-2014 03:01 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: Disciple of AshutAdmiral 03-19-2014

If you do want to tone down the yellows then Gryphonne Sepia or its modern equivalent Seraphim Sepia will work wonders.

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXX - Voting Deadline 18th of July ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.
03-19-2014 04:13 AM
Zerta
Hobgoblin

RE: Disciple of AshutZerta 03-19-2014

Hey, thanks for yours comments!

About the yellow, I add fluorescent pigments on the base layer. I like fluo coulour ^^

Maybe you're right but I'mm gonna wait that there is more figures to see what I do.

And I change the ass-hut! Shame on me!

03-19-2014 08:03 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: Disciple of HashutAdmiral 03-19-2014

It was Ashut, not Asshut. Big Grin

Ashut do sounds like a collocquial variant of the name, maybe to be used instead of the true name Hashut (like those extra names Jehova had in OT - gods can be strange).

Of course, go with the fluorescent yellow if that's what you want. On an armywide scale it might turn out impressive. Happy

This post was last modified: 03-19-2014 08:49 AM by Admiral.

03-19-2014 08:48 AM
Grimbold Blackhammer
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 199
Best General - 2012 Scribe's Contest Silver Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Disciple of HashutGrimbold Blackhammer 03-19-2014

LOL

"Oh great father of Darkness, we thank you for the divine protection you have blessed your children with.  With this sacrifice I offer my soul that my enemies should be crushed in an eternity of agony.

Oh by the way, I'm going to change your name to Ashut.  You're good with that, right?  Right...??"

Grimbold Blackhammer

http://www.the-ninth-age.com/
03-19-2014 10:25 AM
Yodrin
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Attitude - 2013 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS                               
RE: Disciple of HashutYodrin 03-19-2014

Admiral Wrote:
It was Ashut, not Asshut. Big Grin

Ashut do sounds like a collocquial variant of the name, maybe to be used instead of the true name Hashut (like those extra names Jehova had in OT - gods can be strange).

Of course, go with the fluorescent yellow if that's what you want. On an armywide scale it might turn out impressive. Happy

LOL

Thommy H Wrote:

03-19-2014 11:40 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: Disciple of HashutAdmiral 03-19-2014

Grimbold Blackhammer Wrote:
LOL

"Oh great father of Darkness, we thank you for the divine protection you have blessed your children with.  With this sacrifice I offer my soul that my enemies should be crushed in an eternity of agony.

Oh by the way, I'm going to change your name to Ashut.  You're good with that, right?  Right...??"

* Volcano erupts right in front of sacrificial altar. *

03-19-2014 11:51 AM
Zerta
Hobgoblin

RE: Disciple of HashutZerta 03-20-2014

Very funny, dwarfs friends Big Grin

So, I continue slightly. I paint one old plastic dwarf:

I wonder if it's not better that I change the colour of the metal in bronze? Thus I stay in yellow-brown shades. Armies which have two colours looking good, in general. I will surely test that.

I also begin a conversion of a pony in a baby taurus, for my Castellan. There is yet a lot of things to do, like clean, make muscles,...

This post was last modified: 03-20-2014 03:24 PM by Zerta.

03-20-2014 03:23 PM
Time of Madness
The Lord of Change

Group: Mods of Hashut
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 260
Best General - 2011                               
RE: Disciple of HashutTime of Madness 03-20-2014

The metal is the best part of the paint job in my opinion. I like what you've done with the metal.

I'd change the bright yellow to a red or anyother colour for that matter Happy
Time of Madness

The lions sing and the hills take flight.
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
- Robert Jordan

This post was last modified: 03-20-2014 05:53 PM by Time of Madness.

03-20-2014 04:48 PM
Yodrin
Greater Daemon of Hashut

RE: Disciple of HashutYodrin 03-20-2014

The paint job is good, I am unsure if a bright yellow CD army looks good on the table, or any army for that matter.

Thommy H Wrote:

03-20-2014 05:32 PM
Zerta
Hobgoblin

RE: Disciple of HashutZerta 03-26-2014

Hey,

So, the yellow doesn't have unanimously. personally, I love it. I try shading to see.

I made a new test for the armour, in NMM technical:

And I continue the baby Taurus. I started also a Bull Ba’hal, There is yet a lot to do!

Thanks for yours advices Wink

03-26-2014 05:13 PM
Sticklander
Bull Centaur

Slaves: 125
Major Prize Sponsor                               
RE: Disciple of HashutSticklander 03-26-2014

I like the look of the rusty helmet, but could do with more features on it.

Also, really like the giant bull centaur conversion, definitely looking forward to seeing more of that one!

'If I look back, I am lost.'
~------------~
Hobby Blogs:
Chaos Dwarfs, The Blooded Horde
A Song of Ice and Fire conversions
Moss Goblins
~------------~

03-26-2014 05:50 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: Disciple of HashutAdmiral 03-26-2014

You could do a thicker upper part of that baby taurus' heads, like on bulls. It's looking good otherwise. That Ba'hal conversion was unexpected! It looks promising.

03-26-2014 05:50 PM
Yodrin
Greater Daemon of Hashut

RE: Disciple of HashutYodrin 03-26-2014

The bull looks promising. I think I would have med the hors bigger and maybe uneven, and longer beardHappy

Thommy H Wrote:

03-26-2014 08:18 PM
tjub
Hat or Die!

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1355
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver x2 Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: Disciple of Hashuttjub 03-28-2014

This reminds me of the Taurus calf i did before... Big Grin http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...7#pid61997

This post was last modified: 03-28-2014 06:38 AM by tjub.

03-28-2014 06:38 AM
Pages (4): « First [1] 2 3 4 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites