Olannon`s 2400 point Army Blog
Author MessageOlannon`s 2400 point Army Blog
Olannon
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 41

RE: Olannon`s 2400 point Army BlogOlannon 03-26-2014

Some modelling updates: First let`s take a look at my first 3 IG. For comparison purposes these shots were taken next to the previously converted characters. My apologies for the poor quality but I couldn`t do better with my phone and zero sunlight.

I`ve also expanded the Hellcannon quite a bit, adding a slave pit with 1 dead guy and a terrified guy, as well as adding a CD crew member. Pictures will come when model`s been undercoated (hopefully within the week - still some work to do on the greenstuff but it`s getting there!).

2400 points Army Development Thread<- complete with tactical musings, battle reports and more!
High Elf Army Development Thread
03-26-2014 06:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sticklander
Bull Centaur

Slaves: 125
Major Prize Sponsor                               
RE: Olannon`s 2400 point Army BlogSticklander 03-26-2014

With very little converting (from what I can see) you've managed to make them look very menacing. Great stuff! Big Grin

'If I look back, I am lost.'
~------------~
Hobby Blogs:
Chaos Dwarfs, The Blooded Horde
A Song of Ice and Fire conversions
Moss Goblins
~------------~

03-26-2014 07:25 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Olannon
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

RE: Olannon`s 2400 point Army BlogOlannon 03-27-2014

Yeah there`s hardly any converting at all here: I used some greenstuff to make the heads get a decent angle (which are DE executioners) and the shields are from the CSM Rhino sprue (I need to add greenstuff here to make the shields look like they`re coupled to the armour). I`m really pleased with the result though, it`s very close to how I thought it would look and I think that as a regiment they will look really cool. I`m hoping I`ll have time to try my hands at Fireglaives tomorrow, which will be based on the Irondrakes.

Some more WiP shots of the Hellcannon:

I added a CD handler whos whip is scaring the goblin at corner of the Hellcannon. The Slave pit was made from CSM Rhino parts while the dead guy and the terrified guy are from the Empire Helblaster kit. I think the base is full now, putting in more stuff will probably make it feel crowded.

2400 points Army Development Thread<- complete with tactical musings, battle reports and more!

This post was last modified: 03-27-2014 04:36 AM by Olannon.

03-27-2014 04:03 AM
Yodrin
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 296
Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Attitude - 2013 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS                               
RE: Olannon`s 2400 point Army BlogYodrin 03-27-2014

A lot of cool stuff here, I like your style. The dwarfs are very, very nice. Great work!!!

YODRIN'S P.BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=13137

Thommy H Wrote:
This thread is two years old. The kid in question is probably in prison by now.

03-27-2014 04:09 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 147
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017                               
RE: Olannon`s 2400 point Army BlogAdmiral 03-27-2014

The Hellcannon has now entered the realm of fantastic. That's the spirit! There are still some gaps in those big horns left to fill in, though.

There is a bit of empty space on the Hellcannon's right, which could do with a gadget. Do you have a spare barrel or chest lying around somewhere? Glue it on. A bit of bagage with who knows what mysterious contents wouldn't make the scene less fantastic!

I agree the Executioner heads are too small, but these are Chaos Dwarfs. Anything is possible, including Daemonically shrunken heads/possessing rituals. If you want it that way, stick with it! Wink

Their rectangular shields are very smart. Great look! The other Dwarfs, without Executioner heads, look good as well.

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXIX - Voting Deadline 18th of January  ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings:
Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.

This post was last modified: 03-27-2014 06:51 AM by Admiral.

03-27-2014 06:50 AM
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 834
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: Olannon`s 2400 point Army BlogBloodbeard 03-27-2014

Hellcannon looks much more complete now, with the extra details. Really good to see a dwarf on that base - now there's a chance the dice will let you hit something.

Your warriors are cool. I like the executioner masks. But they do look a bit slim compared to the heroes without helmets. Perhaps consider sticking some horns on the side of them - to give them a broader feel. Aren't they gonna have some beards?

03-27-2014 07:28 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Olannon
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

My Infernal Guard are controversial - I like that very much! The part about their fluff where they get their masks melted to their faces was what inspired this. I figure that with such an approach, it`s only natural for the look to be slimmer than for a helmet. Furthermore, if something is practically welded to your face, how can you have your beard grow? Taken together I`m very happy with how this turned out and I doubt I`ll be adding beards or making an effort to make it look wider. No promises, but this is how I feel about it now Wink I am also -very- happy with how the "shields" worked out, but I kind of knew this from the Sorc-prophet conversion.

As for the Hellcannon I`m very glad you all liked it. I am a bit worried that it`s become too much but I think that in the end it`ll all look better this way when it`s painted up. I`ll also look for something small to fill the negative space on his right flank. There is still more greenstuff work to be done here, but despite the poor photos (my apologies for this), I hope it`s clear that it`s quite a bit better than last time Happy

03-27-2014 08:27 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017                               
RE: Olannon`s 2400 point Army BlogAdmiral 03-27-2014

The only thing which looks off about the masked heads are their size. They're clearly visibly smaller than the skulls/heads of unmasked Dwarfs minus their whiskers and hair. But as said, who knows what oddities Chaos Dwarfs are up to in their rituals? I'm painting a unit with fiery eyes, and that's more strange than your approach. Big Grin

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXIX - Voting Deadline 18th of January  ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings:
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.

This post was last modified: 03-27-2014 09:33 AM by Admiral.

03-27-2014 09:33 AM
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 730
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x3                               
RE: Olannon`s 2400 point Army BlogFuggit Khan 03-27-2014

Very, very nice Hellcannon...I love the look of it and I especially like that you have created a mini-diorama of it. It really draws a persons attention...well done Takes Hat off

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
03-27-2014 11:06 AM
Olannon
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

@Admiral - I hear you, but I actually don`t think it`s that bad. Maybe I`ll change my mind eventually ^^

@Fuggit Khan - thanks a lot Happy I was really unsure of filling it all up like that, but from all the responses here I`m growing more and more confident that it was the right thing to do Wink

I played a game tonight with HE vs ... CD! As I think this is quite relevant for this blog, I`ll post up the report here, even though it`s from the HE perspective.

03-27-2014 06:21 PM
Olannon
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

.::. Battle Report - 2400 vs Chaos Dwarfs (ETC comp) .::.

My list:
Prince on Barded Steed, Heavy Armour, Enchanted Shield, Giant Blade, Dawnstone = 263
Loremaster, Book of Hoeth, Talisman of Preservation = 330
Noble BSB on Barded Steed, Star Lance, Dragonhelm, Golden Crown of Atrazar, Heavy Armour, Shield = 166
Mage, scroll = 110
Characters = 869

5 Reavers, bows & musician = 95
5 Reavers, bows & musician = 95
8 Silver Helms, FC = 214
19 Archers, musician = 200
Core = 604

20 White Lions, FC, BOTWD = 340
20 PG, FC, Razor Standard = 375
Special = 715

3 RBT = 210
Rare = 210

Army Total = 2398

His list:

Hashut Sorc-prophet on Bale Taurus, Charmed Shield, 4++
BSB, Luckstone, GW
L1 Fire
Khan on Wolf

27 IG FC GW
30 Hobgoblins, bows, FC

Iron Daemon
Deathshrieker

K`daii
Hellcannon

// Pre-battle thoughts and deployment //

I wanted Archers to have a chance at shooting the Deathshrieker. I wanted cavalry to face Hellcannon and Lions + PG to control the center. I didn`t know how to handle the K`daii but was assuming my Reavers could prove their worth here. A third redirector surely would`ve helped here!

Deployment was ok but my opponent got the better of it: the map provided lots of cover for him and he was easily able to hide the Deathshrieker. Furthermore, the K`daii got a very advantageous position and I knew from the start that containing it while continuing with my plan would be hard.

Magic saw him roll up Hatred, Toughness-spell, Ashstorm and Flames of Azgorh. His fire mage took Fireball, my Heavens guy took Blizzard.

Despite his +1 I managed to grab first turn Wink

// HE T1 //

Cavalry moved up, well outside of the likely charge of the Hellcannon. The White Lions advanced full speed and the Phoenix Guard held back, taking care to stay out of anything resembling a likely charge from the Destroyer. Reavers moved to shoot Khan and reformed to 3+2 in case he`d survive and charge. Other Reavers moved to a more central position.

Magic saw his fear of Searing Doom letting me land 3 spells: Spirit Leech on BSB (no effect, LD10 v LD10), double Blizzard on Hellcannon.

Shooting saw an RBT pierce the Destroyer with a single bolt for 1W, while the Reavers understood the danger of the situation and added another. Other Reavers managed a wound on the Khan. Not bad for a start!

// CD T1 //

Iron Daemon moves to block the Helms from charging the Hellcannon. Destroyer and Taurus move up. Khan blocks reavers. Magic sees him land an IF Ashstorm on the Silver Helms! I was really hoping to be able to dispel this, but alas it was not to be. The resulting miscast drained his dice but had no other effects.

Shooting saw the Iron Daemon open up with 10 shots on the Helms. He was at short range and only needing 4+ to hit, he killed off 4 of them. I passed panic, and although I lost LoS I don`t think my opponent realized this (either that, or he was scared of Lions): the Hellcannon failed to shoot and the Deathshrieker targeted my WL, combining with the Hobgoblins to kill 4 or 5 (I failed all bar 2 saving throws).

// HE T2 //

Lions flank charge the Iron Daemon: given their position, my ashstormed cavalry and the K`daii + Taurus having very good positions, I had to act. As it wasn`t hellbound I wouldn`t get 2++ from BOTWD, however I also would be wounding it on 5s. Cavalry reformed, BSB facing center in case the K`daii tried anything funny, Prince barely within charge arc of the Hellcannon. BSB failed dangerous terrain but Crown saved it, 1 Helm died. Reavers charged Khan.

Magic saw my opponent prioritize dispelling Wyssan`s. This opened up for Miasma on the Taurus (-3M), which allowed me to swap the Loremaster for the mage. This allowed me to barely get front arc to the Fire Wizard near the Deathshrieker, and I promptly sent a Spirit Leech his way - killing him off! It`s not often you get to utilize Smoke and Mirrors, but this was a play I was very happy with Wink

Shooting saw the RBTs do next to nothing, same with Archers and Reavers. Combat saw Lions put 7W on the Iron Daemon... But its 6+ saved 2! In return, a `6` for Thunderstomp severely reduced my unit. Reavers and Khan failed to do anything.

// CD T2 //

Destroyer charges blocking Reavers, who fail their Terror test and flee! He redirects into PG, who flee as well and he fails to catch me. Hobgoblins rear-charge the Lions. This puts the K`daii 19" away from the BSB, with its flank open. Taurus tries to rear-charge Lions but due to Miasma he falls short. Magic sees my scroll come out and I contain the rest. Shooting sees Hellcannon target Helms but it scatters off: without the Daemonsmith it`s a lot less accurate. Now, the Deathshrieker proceeds to target the PG and this is a misinterpretation of the rules on my opponent`s side: he thought that a fleeing unit having to take a panic test automatically flees further. He kills a couple of PG and is very disappointed when they don`t flee off the table (naturally). It`s been a long time since he last played.

In combat, the Lions put 2W on the ID and this time he fails to save any and the choo-choo train goes down. I get a couple of Hobgoblins as well and he does very little in return. I lose due to static but hold on stubborn and combat reform to face his front, 4-wide with mage in second rank. Reavers kill Khan.

I forgot to take a photo but the arrows explain the major movements

// HE T3 //

BSB charges Destroyer: without LoS it`s disastrous to stand around. Furthermore my scroll is blown and the Lions are dangerously low on models. Even if I fail the charge I won`t be that much worse off than I already was. Prince moves to block Hellcannon and Silver Helms reform to 1-wide to charge past the Hellcannon and into the Deathshrieker in my T4. Luckily both PG and Reavers rally (the PG barely so - I rolled a 10!).

Magic: he prioritizes the Lions so I land Miasma WS (-3) on Destroyer, Iceshard on Destroyer (so he now needs 6`s) AND Spirit Leech on the BSB (no effect this time either). Shooting again does very little. In combat the BSB proves solid and puts a wound on the Destroyer with the Star Lance. Thus he`d have to get a wound back at me to survive: flank + charge + bsb + wound = 4 => pop! He failed to hit, needing 6s and thus the K`daii was no more! BSB overruns to avoid Infernal Guard, I pass dangerous terrain.

The Lions won combat this time around but he held on steadfast LD10.

// CD T3 //

Bale Taurus charges Prince, I pass terror test (yay!) and hold. Magic: the winds are big and I focus on Ashstorm, which is easily dispelled with its 4PD cap. With charging the Prince, his arc is terrible and he can`t really threaten me with his spells. Shooting sees Hellcannon target the BSB, but it scores a misfire and eats up all the crew! The Deathshrieker targets Archers (I`m not sure if he had Line of Sight to the BSCool and kills 7-8 of them, panic passed.

Combat sees me make a pretty huge mistake: I thought the Bale Taurus had a 4++ same as the K`daii, so I targeted the Sorcerer thinking it would be roughly equally hard to kill either and I`d rather see him lose his mage and general. I get one wound through and in return he fails to hurt me. I lose by 1 (charge + flank) but hold. The Lions however lose to his Hatred Hobgoblins and as I fail to make a single save, I lose the last of them and thus also Stubborn. I lose by 1 I think but the Loremaster legs it with the mage: a crucial turn of events as a lot of rolls will see me run off the table (snake eyes I stop before the Prince - 2 => 7 is safe, 8+ off), however I roll a `5` and he + the mage are safe. Phew! He runs after me but rolls very low and fails to catch. Double-phew!

// HE T4 //

Silver Helms charge Deathshrieker. BSB joins 5-strong Reavers. PG march up, Reavers stay outside of IG arc. Archers move up.

Magic sees me land Wyssan`s on the Prince and Miasma WS (-3 again!). I then finish off with IF boosted Shem`s on the Hellcannon: and with its crew gone I score a massive 11 hits which results in its death! Before I get too happy though I roll a dimensional cascade and the Loremaster goes BOOM! In the process, my mage is wounded, Prince is wounded, Taurus is wounded. At this point I realize it has no ward save...

Shooting again does next to nothing and we move to combat: with S8 the Prince promptly puts 4W on the Taurus which dies. He passes his break test. I fail to do anything to his Deathshrieker.

// CD T4 //

Hobgoblins can`t charge Prince because they can`t make the wheel: their poor pursuit led them into a position where the Sorcerer is blocking them. They swift reform instead. Magic sees Ashstorm land on the Prince. Shooting: Hobgoblins kill my mage with throwing knives. Combat: I can`t remember if I hurt him or not but with S4 he isn`t really impressing me anymore. We stay there.

// HE T5 //

Archers try to flank Sorcerer but fail (8+ roll). Reavers + BSB rear-charge Hobgoblins. Other Reavers block IG with PG right behind. Magic: I dispel RiP Hatred on Goblins. Shooting: everything is engaged bar the IG, who lose 1 to the 3 RBT (2 of which were shooting through hard cover at long range). Combat: Prince brings Sorcerer down to 1W. Reavers + BSB win but the gobbos kill 2 Reavers and he holds on steadfast LD10. Silver Helms kill Deathshrieker and reform to face center.

// CD T5 //

IG charge Reavers. Magic sees me dispel Ashstorm, Flames scatter off Helms. Combat sees Prince kill Sorcerer, Reavers + BSB make gobbos break and restrain. I reform everything to face the IG, who beat Reavers and overrun into the PG...

I charge everything into the IG and it`s not pretty. RBTs kill off the last few Gobbos and in combat I force IG to test on snake eyes. They fail and thus the Chaos Dwarfs are wiped out!

Although it was a bloody battle my clean-up at the end netted me well over a thousand points (600 for general, 440 for IG + BSB + bonuses). As I had "only" lost nearly 1000 points myself, it was a 20-0 victory to the High Elves!

// Evaluation //

What an intense game! From T1, the pressure was on. Although Destroyer has a number of weaknesses, my army isn`t really that well suited to handling one. This, combined with the terrible terrain (so much cover and dangerous terrain tests + the lake blocking me from marching) forced my hand earlier than I`d prefer. The IF Ashstorm on T1 sealed the deal and I had to commit into a position I was definitely not comfortable with. In the end, the Loremaster with BoH and sheer luck pulled me through: although it ended up 20-0 I could very well have lost this: with the Taurus making its T2 charge and the Deathshrieker taking out the Prince, I would`ve gotten K`daii + ID + Khan vs losing Prince + WL + Loremaster + mage, AT BEST.

While going up against gunlines in general can lead to nail-biting battles where one or a few number of dice make a big difference, I think this highlights a weakness in my list: my inability to properly protect the Prince + BSB and my need for +1 chaff unit. For this reason, I will consider a new draft where the core is all mounted: 3 units of Reavers and a bigger block of Helms. As far as shooting armies go this is far from the worst and even this one took away my LoS relatively effortlessly.

I rolled a lot of big magic phases in this game. It´s a double-edged sword because your opponent can always dispel that one crucial spell (Wyssans going off in my T2 would`ve ensured the Lions killing off the ID instantly and overrun into the HC, which doesn`t like BOTWD...), but with the BoH Loremaster you can (usually) still get a lot of value out of this situation. I felt he was really ace in this game, a constant pain for my opponent and despite blowing himself up, he ensured the Prince`s survival (two of my to wound rolls were 2s), the destruction of the re-roll scatter-dice wizard and, of course, the Hellcannon.

Also one thing I feel I have to point out that`s impossible to read from the report itself: my opponent hadn`t played a game in quite a long time. As I`m used to playing very active players, most matches are played rather fast, with us just declaring what we need (3s to hit, 2s to wound etc) and rolling the dice. This is part habit, part on purpose as I hate losing out on time at tournaments. However in this game it stressed my opponent out, which was not my intention at all. As the game was on a knife`s edge from T1, I didn`t notice this until we were pretty much done. My apologies, and I hope this won`t repeat itself in a friendly game: when you don`t understand what others are rolling for and just being told what`s going on (e.g. "ID is now dead, please remove it") it`s no fun at all. We`ve all been there and it`s my bad for not taking this into consideration for the game.

Lastly, it felt very good playing against Chaos Dwarfs as it`s an army I`ve recently picked up. It`s very rare that I know an army this well (I did almost lose the game to forgetting the Taurus didn`t have a 4++ though, one LD9 test away!), but knowing exactly what you`re up against most definitely gave me confidence I really needed in the middle of things going on here.

Thanks a lot for reading, I hope you`ll leave a comment Happy

This post was last modified: 03-27-2014 06:32 PM by Olannon.

03-27-2014 06:31 PM
Yodrin
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Attitude - 2013 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS                               
RE: Olannon`s 2400 point Army BlogYodrin 03-27-2014

Gz on your win although you played on the wrong team Happy. Great bat rep and pics!! Wink

Thommy H Wrote:

03-27-2014 08:54 PM
Kamphre
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Slaves: 340
Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Silver                               
RE: Olannon`s 2400 point Army BlogKamphre 03-28-2014

Great battle report!
I still don't understand why you complain about the terrain: there are just 2 forest and a lake, it's not really much or did I missed something?

03-28-2014 11:48 AM
Olannon
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

RE: Olannon`s 2400 point Army BlogOlannon 03-28-2014

Thanks Wink Will try and get a CD game going next week as well.

A couple of updates: played a game vs Dwarfs with HE (report here: http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/viewtopic.p...91#p871791). Started working on the Fireglaives, 3 done. Also got a couple of better pictures of the "old" Infernal Guard. Check it out:

I also finished up some touches on the Hellcannon and Deathshrieker. They are now ready for priming which I`ll do today and hopefully start painting real soon!

This post was last modified: 04-05-2014 05:57 PM by Olannon.

03-28-2014 11:49 AM
Sticklander
Bull Centaur

Slaves: 125
Major Prize Sponsor                               
RE: Olannon`s 2400 point Army BlogSticklander 03-28-2014

Oh man, the simplicity of these conversions makes them incredibly tempting to do... Maybe this was GW's plan all along! Wink

'If I look back, I am lost.'
~------------~
Hobby Blogs:
Chaos Dwarfs, The Blooded Horde
A Song of Ice and Fire conversions
Moss Goblins
~------------~

03-28-2014 02:17 PM
Yodrin
Greater Daemon of Hashut

RE: Olannon`s 2400 point Army BlogYodrin 03-28-2014

I like em, great work!!

Thommy H Wrote:

03-28-2014 04:17 PM
Olannon
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

RE: Olannon`s 2400 point Army BlogOlannon 03-28-2014

@Sticklander - as soon as I saw the new Dwarf sprues I was like "hey this would make for a really cool CD army!" When I saw the combination with the Executioner heads I was sold. I can`t really call it a proper conversion per se (even though each model takes a bit of greenstuff and patience), it`s mostly about kit-bashing. This is something I`ve done extensively with my High Elves as well so I`m "trained" to see combinations I suppose. Of course there`s the size issue as many people have pointed out, but I don`t think this is a problem really. I think another great idea would be to use Necrons from 40k for CD parts - they have LOTS of cool stuff that could easily work. Their basic weapons would need very little work to be Fireglaives for example Happy I did consider this as well but in the end I`m very happy with this approach Happy

@Yodrin - thanks Happy

I`ve just started painting the Hellcannon. WiP shots will follow in due time, but probably won`t be in a couple of days as this weekend is really busy.

03-28-2014 04:34 PM
Olannon
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

RE: Olannon`s 2400 point Army BlogOlannon 03-30-2014

Bases from Micro Art Studios have arrived, I will go pick them up tomorrow.

I`m hoping for a CD game this week, but I`m not sure if I can make or when that would be. We`ll see Happy In the meantime, check these out:

Basically I`m going for largely the same feel I`m having for my HE army. I think the colours fit really well for CD. What I want to do differently is to have black as a more dominant colour and use a lot darker metals, which I think is fitting. I believe that the centerpieces such as the Iron Daemon and the Hellcannon can really bring out the feel of the army as well as allowing me to throw in some other stuff, for example you can see the flesh that`s attached to the horns on this thing. The end of the barrel here is pretty much done, I just need to highlight the black a bit but as I want it to feel black, this will be very hard to actually see (or even present with my phone`s camera). The rest I haven`t quite figured out how I want to do just yet. I know that I want to keep it largely black, so we`ll just see. I also believe the horns will light the model up quite a bit once they`re highlighted up to Bleached Bone. Oh and lastly you can see how I fixed the empty-space-on-the-right problem Wink

03-30-2014 03:30 PM
Yodrin
Greater Daemon of Hashut

RE: Olannon`s 2400 point Army BlogYodrin 03-30-2014

A great start to it!! It is going to be a great center piece!! Really like the color on the "barrel", great executed as well!!

Thommy H Wrote:

03-30-2014 03:34 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: Olannon`s 2400 point Army BlogAdmiral 03-30-2014

Yes, that's a good colour for the inner barrel! Why don't you sand the base before painting? It saves a lot of hassle and makes the base stronger against wear and tear.

Chaos Dwarf Writings:
03-30-2014 03:35 PM
Pages (6): « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  2400 pts double horde Chaos Dwarf army Admiral 7 3,735 02-23-2015 01:06 AM
Last Post: Bloodbeard
  Another 2400 point list Morgrim Bloodbeard 0 1,592 11-19-2014 03:28 AM
Last Post: Morgrim Bloodbeard
  Do you need a Sorcerer Prophet in a 1,500 point army? Wolf 6 2,212 08-10-2014 08:24 AM
Last Post: Wolf
  Your competitive 2400 point ETC CD army list Honeym123 13 6,920 08-01-2014 08:52 AM
Last Post: Jorma
  2400 Point List (CC Welcome) Zurajai 2 1,689 07-20-2014 03:06 PM
Last Post: Zurajai

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites