Golden Hat #4
Author MessageGolden Hat #4
The Flying Beaver
Bull Centaur Hero

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 0

Golden Hat #4The Flying Beaver 11-01-2007

It's that time again! The CDO Staff are pleased to announce the fourth Golden Hat Painting Contest!

As you know, these contests are about emphasizing what the Chaos Dwarf army is all about. You've tried converting dwarfs into Chaos Dwarfs, you've made special characters to show to Games Workshop, and you've made hobgoblins from scratch. What could be missing? What else really says a lot about the Chaos Dwarf army? Oh yeah: SLAVES!

That's right, slaves. We want you to make a unit of 5 of 'em. How you do this is up to you. Will they be orcs? Humans? Elves? A mixture? It's up to you! Just be sure to follow the usual rules: you can send a maximum of 4 pictures, and you've gotta do it on or before the deadline of Sunday, December 16th. As you know, there'll be a week long voting period to determine the contest's winner, where you can cast a single vote for an entry which isn't your own.

So, (pardon the pun) get cracking on those slaves!

Stick 'em wiv knives. Stick 'em wiv arrows. Stick 'em wiv swords and spears. Stick 'em where it 'urts. But most importantly, stick 'em when they's not looking!
-Gorduz Backstabber, Hobgoblin Khan

My Chaos Dwarf Win Record:
W/L/D
41/23/12

This post was last modified: 07-22-2009 01:20 PM by Xander.

11-01-2007 12:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 423
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat IVXander 11-01-2007

This is meant to cover both the Orc and Goblin entries for Chaos Dwarfs.  So you could have a unit of 5 on 20mm bases or 25mm bases.  Black Orcs will not be excepted.

Also, don't make a Chaos Dwarf Slaver, we are saving that for later (possibly Golden Hat V).

Have fun!  I know I will. Wink

Follow CDO on Twitter: Twitter
11-01-2007 01:17 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ghrask Dragh
TeddyMadeMeDoIt...

Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 828

RE: Golden Hat IVGhrask Dragh 11-01-2007

Slaves, interesting.
I have failed to enter the previous comps but will try harder this time!
5 slaves, hmm...

My Chaos Dwarf Blog
11-01-2007 01:17 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pyro Stick
Wizard of the Glen

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 930
Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat IVPyro Stick 11-01-2007

I would of prefered a plain painting competiton for once but oh well....

My Chaos Dwarf Collection: GHXXVI

11-01-2007 01:26 PM
Bill-117
Unregistered

RE: Golden Hat IVBill-117 11-01-2007

Hehehe... I can see them now... Can I make backstories for all five to get extra points?

Also, what about a Chaos Dwarf slave? A traitor or criminal or something perhaps?

11-01-2007 01:36 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Malificant
Bull Centaur

Group: Dawi Zharr

RE: Golden Hat IVMalificant 11-01-2007

what about enslaved ogres as unit filler types?  can i make a unit of 5 of them as a dogs of war choice?

Ingrown Wrote:
Demonicly flesh stripped boar centaurs with flaming skull heads? ... you've just broke the boundary's of cool.

When God give you lemons, You find a New God!

"Then you have to wrestle a tiger with your bare hands..."

11-01-2007 01:50 PM
Willmark
Dark Shogun of Hashut

Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1178
Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
RE: Golden Hat IVWillmark 11-01-2007

Damn. Since my precious little painting time is allocated to other units right now I think I'll be sitting this one out. Can't wait to see the entries thou...

My Want List / My Trade List

This post was last modified: 11-01-2007 02:08 PM by Willmark.

11-01-2007 02:06 PM
wallacer
Hashut's cow pimp

Group: Mods of Hashut
Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 1046
Artisan's Contest - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Wiki - Major Contributor Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS                               
RE: Golden Hat IVwallacer 11-01-2007

Yippee! A new GH comp.
Time to pick out some slaves.

Army pics: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...888&page=1
11-01-2007 02:11 PM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               

Pyro Stick Wrote:

Plain how? o.o

Also, no Ogres, 20mm, or 25mm bases only.

11-01-2007 02:29 PM
WarplockMonkey
Bull Centaur Hero

Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat IVWarplockMonkey 11-01-2007

Does it have to be 5 modles, or is it unit strength?

For example could i do 3 ogres instead of 5 small models?

Or maybe a giant!

"I dont have TIME fo' pain, the only pain I'VE got time fo' is the pain I put on foos who dont know what time it is" - Terrible Terry Tate

Got an idea for that model you've always wanted to make, but couldn't find the means to convert it? Seen that bit of artwork and thought 'That would be an awesome model'? Give Warplock a PM, any sculpting/converting request considered Wink

Sojourn Wrote:
Anything Warplock says, instantly becomes fact.

11-01-2007 02:32 PM
WarplockMonkey
Bull Centaur Hero

Golden Hat - Gold                               

Sorry, Xander posted while i was typing

Also, how do i put the person who wrote the quote, in the quote?

"I dont have TIME fo' pain, the only pain I'VE got time fo' is the pain I put on foos who dont know what time it is" - Terrible Terry Tate

Got an idea for that model you've always wanted to make, but couldn't find the means to convert it? Seen that bit of artwork and thought 'That would be an awesome model'? Give Warplock a PM, any sculpting/converting request considered Wink

Sojourn Wrote:

This post was last modified: 11-01-2007 02:35 PM by WarplockMonkey.

11-01-2007 02:34 PM
cornixt
Brewer of Daemonic Beer

Slaves: 1302
Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Attitude - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat IVcornixt 11-01-2007

Xander Wrote:
Black Orcs will not be excepted.

Did you mean accepted?  It means the exact opposite if you replace one with the other in that sentence.

There's a lot more in the wiki than you think, check out the wiki contents

Like a Great Taurus in a Cathay shop.

"No Mr Bond, I expect you to k'daii."
11-01-2007 02:34 PM
Hammerhand
Bull Centaur

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 14

RE: Golden Hat IVHammerhand 11-01-2007

xander Wrote:
This is meant to cover both the Orc and Goblin entries for Chaos Dwarfs.

Does this mean we could post plain Orcs/goblins?

It's been a long time baby, but I guess the mark of Hashut just burns too deep.......
11-01-2007 02:37 PM
wallacer
Hashut's cow pimp

Group: Mods of Hashut
Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 1046
Artisan's Contest - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Wiki - Major Contributor Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS                               
RE: Golden Hat IVwallacer 11-01-2007

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
Also, how do i put the person who wrote the quote, in the quote?

well, in the above the syntax is:[ quote=WarplockMonkey ] Also, how do i put the person who wrote the quote, in the quote? [ /quote ]

(note that there should be no space between the square parentheses and the text, I just added them in so that the syntax would be visible).

Does that answer your question, or is that not what you meant?

Army pics: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...888&page=1

This post was last modified: 11-01-2007 04:31 PM by wallacer.

11-01-2007 04:30 PM
grunts
Chaos Dwarf Hero

RE: Golden Hat IVgrunts 11-01-2007

damn I was planning on starting bull centaurs next...oh well they can wait.Woohoo!Time for some disregard of the Eighth Amendment to the US Constitution! Cruel and Unusual Punishment, here I come.  Now where'd I put those thumbscrews.....

Sarcasm...beats killing people

This post was last modified: 11-01-2007 05:24 PM by grunts.

11-01-2007 04:47 PM
WarplockMonkey
Bull Centaur Hero

Golden Hat - Gold                               

Yeah, thanks wallacer!

Sojourn Wrote:

11-01-2007 05:19 PM
Malificant
Bull Centaur

RE: Golden Hat IVMalificant 11-01-2007

well, then it's time to clean up my arrer boyz!

Ingrown Wrote:
Demonicly flesh stripped boar centaurs with flaming skull heads? ... you've just broke the boundary's of cool.

When God give you lemons, You find a New God!

"Then you have to wrestle a tiger with your bare hands..."

11-01-2007 05:20 PM
Pyro Stick
Wizard of the Glen

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 930
Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat IVPyro Stick 11-01-2007

Xander Wrote:

Pyro Stick Wrote:

Plain how? o.o

I would of prefered if you had just stated a tpye of model (warrior, blunderbuss, bull centaur, lord, sorcerer, etc) and the competition would be to just paint it as best as you can. Since i dont like to convert any of my models thats the kind of competition that some of us might prefer every once in a while.

My Chaos Dwarf Collection: GHXXVI

11-01-2007 06:13 PM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1361
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat IVGrimstonefire 11-01-2007

I am fairly sure Xander would mean that Black Orc SLAVES are acceptable.Black Orcs that have not been converted to look like slaves in any way would not be acceptable as they would represent the Black Orc entry in our list.  Not slaves.

This is a competition to represent the under-fed, worked to death minions that we mercilessly march over to keep our boots from getting wet!!!  Regular Orcs and Goblins are included in this as well, so as the competition is themed on slaves it might be an idea to represent them as such (rather than geared up mercenaries).

Although Xander has stated that you cannot include a Slaver, this also means you cannot include a Standard Bearer, Champion or Musician.No command models period.

I think its about time I entered a Golden Hat.For one reason or another I missed the last 3 Sad

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad

This post was last modified: 11-01-2007 06:24 PM by Grimstonefire.

11-01-2007 06:18 PM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Grim's explanation is correct.  The models should represent the Orc entry or the Goblin entry, not the Black Orc entry.

Pyro, you don't have to convert anything.  You could just use 5 Orcs, or 5 Goblins, and paint them really well.

Accepted, not excepted. Heh, whoops.

11-01-2007 11:56 PM
Pages (4): « First [1] 2 3 4 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites