Pages (3): « First [1] 2 3 Next > Last »
risen from the ashes [20/9/14 picture updates]
Author Messagerisen from the ashes [20/9/14 picture updates]
torn
Lord of Flaming Automatons

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 237
Veteran Medal - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Scribe's Contest Gold                               
Rolleyes  risen from the ashes [20/9/14 picture updates]torn 04-15-2014

So after selling my last chaos dwarf army, I am getting bahaven'tnto fantasy gaming again and my chaos dwarfs are coming back to the forefront. I have finished off my dwarfs by doing  a 40 strong unit of em4 dwarf spearmen and a 20 strong unit of their crossbowmen. All I want toa dd is the avatars of war bor dragonbane and they will be done enough to let me get some games of kings of war in whilst I'm building their chaos counterparts.

So far I have a sorcerer that I sculpted myself to look like the mm90 marauder mage. Since reprinting him I have won an original on eBay, and plan to mount him on a carried shield like the 30th edition white dwarf model. He will lead the main warrior unit that will be avatars of war berserkers converted using grimstonefires helmet heads.

I am also waiting for a unit of 10 fireglaive warriors from forgeworld. I have received some war machines from Scotia grendel and have started with the mortar. I think it is suitably chaosified.

I also have a reaper bones earth elemental where I changed the head a little to make it look less dopey.

And this morning a received a Roth and Cronus golem which is so big it will have to be a whole regiment by itself.

2017 Image Salvage

current projects:-
New mask/helmet style chaos dwarfs
blood bowl necromantic repaint
beyond the gates of antares algoryn force
my own battlefield!

2014 results with chaos dwarfs
1 - 0 - 1

This post was last modified: 08-07-2017 10:03 AM by Admiral.

04-15-2014 01:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 147
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017                               
RE: risen from the ashesAdmiral 04-15-2014

Best of luck with this project, torn. You're off to a good start!

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXVII - Voting Deadline 3rd of July  ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings:
Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.
04-15-2014 01:58 PM
Yodrin
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 296
Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Attitude - 2013 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS                               
RE: risen from the ashesYodrin 04-15-2014

Your off to a great start there. I think the wheels need to be "spiked up" a bit thoughWink

YODRIN'S P.BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=13137

Thommy H Wrote:
This thread is two years old. The kid in question is probably in prison by now.

04-15-2014 02:59 PM
torn

Veteran Medal - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Scribe's Contest Gold                               
RE: risen from the ashestorn 04-15-2014

Yodrin Wrote:
Your off to a great start there. I think the wheels need to be "spiked up" a bit thoughWink

Yeah I only noticed how plain they were after I sprayed a base coat on. Spikes or banding would look good, or even some skulls or something on the hubcaps. I bought the Scotia grendel dwarf artillery pack and the rocket launcher pack but I'm not sure if I like the other models except the organ gun and I can't think what to do with it.

This project is fairly ambitious but as I now have dedicated hobby space I can really crack on with the chaos dwarfs. Last time I was working away from home, living in a spare room and really didn't have the time or money or space to pull off so grand a project.

my own battlefield!

1 - 0 - 1
04-15-2014 03:05 PM
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 834
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: risen from the ashesBloodbeard 04-15-2014

I always enjoy seeing a new army born. Havn't seen that mortar model before. The wheels look rather toyish, consider adding spikes from speartips. Even though it's base coated.

Also consider putting the skull in chains in another angle, unless the picture is fooling me. They look like they're defiyng gravity.

Good luck on the project.

04-15-2014 04:40 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1631
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018                               
RE: risen from the ashesAbecedar 04-15-2014

Welcome back into the fold and good luck with your new creations

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
04-15-2014 06:50 PM
torn

RE: risen from the ashestorn 04-17-2014

A couple of updates, a colour test on the reaper elemental that I am pretty happy with and this is the scheme I will be using for the Cronus golem.

And a shot of the assembled golem next to a heroic 28mm artizan ww2 just to show scale

I have adjusted his base so he is attached by magnets which should make storage and transport a lot easier.

For some reason the first picture isn't working on the tablet I will try and fix it when I get to the laptop.

my own battlefield!

1 - 0 - 1

This post was last modified: 04-17-2014 02:34 PM by torn.

04-17-2014 02:25 PM
Yodrin
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Attitude - 2013 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS                               
RE: risen from the ashesYodrin 04-17-2014

I like that golem, and with some magma on it, it looks great! Nice start on it btwWink

Thommy H Wrote:

04-17-2014 03:51 PM
torn

RE: risen from the ashestorn 04-24-2014

ok its time for a proper update with some good pictures

my own battlefield!

1 - 0 - 1
04-24-2014 05:21 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017                               
RE: risen from the ashesAdmiral 04-24-2014

Decent painting on the cannon and Greenskins, and particularly good painting on the big K'daai! The colourschemes for the units are well chosen and the army as a whole will look good with such a unified, dark and fiery image.

Nice to see more people attempt Chaos Dwarf women models. Happy

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXVII - Voting Deadline 3rd of July  ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings:
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.

This post was last modified: 04-24-2014 05:25 PM by Admiral.

04-24-2014 05:24 PM
torn

just as an added thing, im finding it excruciatingly awkward using photobucket since they changed it. does anyone know any really easy apps for uploading pictures and then posting them to forums? I want something that will be usable between my windows laptop and android tablet.

so what are the pictures,

well the firsttwo are my WIP of a khaos dwarf female, i call her karag twin peaks.

the second is my army that i sold on ebay last year

third, fourth and last is the cronus golem in his painted glory

5th and 6th are em4 orcs, very cheap and work as part of my army for kings of war although not really usable in warhammer, i want my army to be viable for both games.

the reaper bones earth elemental was really bought as a paint test for the cronus golem, as i didnt want to do the whole thing and then decide i didnt like the paint scheme.

And lastly the scotia grendel mortar. It needs an ogre crewman, and its fairly basic but it gets me something on the table whilst i save up for forgeworld models.

my own battlefield!

1 - 0 - 1
04-24-2014 05:27 PM
torn

Admiral Wrote:
Decent painting on the cannon and Greenskins, and particularly good painting on the big K'daai! The colourschemes for the units are well chosen and the army as a whole will look good with such a unified, dark and fiery image.

The main colourscheme is actually based on deathwing terminators. I absolutely love spacehulk, and about 18 months ago some guys were going on about 40k, so i went out and bought 1000pts of deathwing. I started a bit modelling and painting but then remembered how much 40k sucks as a game nowadays, so that army is just sat in a box now barely started. When re-doing my CD army i didnt want to go down the stereotypical paintscheme i did with my first army, and started basing it off the old red and green of the chaos all stars bloodbowl team. It wasnt until the paint started going on that I realised the only colour I was missing was bone from one of my favourite combos and it all clicked from there.

my own battlefield!

1 - 0 - 1
04-24-2014 05:34 PM
torn

RE: risen from the ashestorn 04-30-2014

OK an update with my female banner bearer, sculpting not bad I think, the face especially is good for me.

Next update will have some of my aow slayer conversions.

my own battlefield!

1 - 0 - 1
04-30-2014 03:52 PM
Yodrin
Greater Daemon of Hashut

RE: risen from the ashesYodrin 04-30-2014

Nice to see some CD boobsWink. Your K'daai look great!!!

Thommy H Wrote:

04-30-2014 04:08 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: risen from the ashesAdmiral 04-30-2014

Nice sculpt!

Chaos Dwarf Writings:
04-30-2014 05:19 PM
MadHatter
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Scribe's Contest Silver Best General - 2014 Scribe's Contest Bronze                               
RE: risen from the ashesMadHatter 04-30-2014

Looks great Happy

May your hat be tall and your beard ever coiled.
MadHatter's 90's Big Hats Blog!
04-30-2014 06:31 PM
torn

RE: risen from the ashestorn 05-01-2014

Yodrin Wrote:

Please note the nipples are armour detailing she doesn't actually fight topless. I thought they would add to the feminine feel of the model.

my own battlefield!

1 - 0 - 1
05-01-2014 02:43 AM
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 834
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: risen from the ashesBloodbeard 05-01-2014

Good job on the Zharlass.

Would love to see some curls in the shape of the male counterparts beards. And some small (very feminine) tusks.

05-01-2014 03:36 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dînadan
Sardonic Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 42
Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: risen from the ashesDînadan 05-01-2014

Nice work on the sculpting.  Only have two suggestions.

1) maybe rework the arms slightly to give them more definition and make them look less like tubes
and
2) I think she'd benefit from a larger head - the current one looks a tad small and 'squashed'

Other than that, good work - keep it up.

For the Glory of Uzkulak! My Chaos Dwarf blog.

05-01-2014 04:08 AM
Yodrin
Greater Daemon of Hashut

RE: risen from the ashesYodrin 05-01-2014

torn Wrote:

Yodrin Wrote:

Please note the nipples are armour detailing she doesn't actually fight topless. I thought they would add to the feminine feel of the model.

I know, but boobs are boobs, with or without cloth on. And with dude don't like boobs in general!! Cheers!

Thommy H Wrote:

05-01-2014 07:40 AM
Pages (3): « First [1] 2 3 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  - Rising from the Ashes -  A Ninth Age Blog sam585 34 6,817 12-19-2016 02:12 AM
Last Post: Azazel
  Ruben's Lab(Updates!) rubencm81 47 16,038 09-03-2013 05:07 PM
Last Post: Yodrin

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites