Post Reply  Post Thread 
An Ode to the Asscannon
Author MessageAn Ode to the Asscannon
MadHatter
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 237
Scribe's Contest Silver Best General - 2014 Scribe's Contest Bronze                               
An Ode to the AsscannonMadHatter 05-18-2014

based on the following thread: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...#pid236048
They'd make splendid magmacannons... Oh how I want what I can't have http://slappingpaint.net/chaos_siege_cannon.html

What a vile and horrid race
that with grins on their tusked face
takes brass that their slaves mined
and shoves it into a Daemons behind
load's it with a cannonball
and regards it the most coveted treasure of all

-Unknown survivor and poet of the Empire, commenting on Chaos Dwarf warfare.

May your hat be tall and your beard ever coiled.
MadHatter's 90's Big Hats Blog!

This post was last modified: 05-18-2014 11:48 PM by MadHatter.

05-18-2014 11:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Slaves: 574
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: An Ode to the AsscannonAdmiral 05-19-2014

Hahaha! Good one! You know you're dealing with evil when the enemy does that with their artillery. Cheers!

I'd probably use an asscannon as Dreadquake Mortar or Hellcannon if I was to convert one.

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXV - Voting Deadline 13th of September ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.
05-19-2014 02:56 AM
MadHatter
Greater Daemon of Hashut

RE: An Ode to the AsscannonMadHatter 05-19-2014

Admiral Wrote:
Hahaha! Good one! You know you're dealing with evil when the enemy does that with their artillery. Cheers!

I'd probably use an asscannon as Dreadquake Mortar or Hellcannon if I was to convert one.

Evil idea

Hey hey hey, how about casting one?

I might be a bit disturbed but I think the flame template would fairly represent something fired from an asscannon

05-19-2014 01:13 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: An Ode to the AsscannonAdmiral 05-19-2014

MadHatter Wrote:
Evil idea

Hey hey hey, how about casting one?

Nice idea, but it's got a catch! I won't promise anything at all, but if I do try to sculpt one and find someone interested in casting and selling it, it will most likely be first in some years time.

The catch is, the asscannon would be visibly based on the old sculpt, but much updated. Think scaly areas, spines and skin texture. Think a much more detailed barrel mouth (perhaps a rune-inscribed metal barrel brutally projecting from the live daemon's torn behind?) and think shackles and chains fettering it to the ground. The Daemon would probably have a muzzle.

It would also have crew without twisted viking knight look, but instead with masks and a hat for the leader, scalemail, leather straps and tools. Or no crew at all for lawyer's reasons.

I'm not sure there'd be much interest in such a model. We'll have to see later on if I indeed try to make one. If I'm to make one for myself I might as well make one for everyone else whilst I'm about it.

The nature of the proctiles can be debated. Wink

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXV - Voting Deadline 13th of September ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.
05-19-2014 02:23 PM
MadHatter
Greater Daemon of Hashut

RE: An Ode to the AsscannonMadHatter 05-19-2014

Admiral Wrote:
Nice idea, but it's got a catch! I won't promise anything at all, but if I do try to sculpt one and find someone interested in casting and selling it, it will most likely be first in some years time.

The catch is, the asscannon would be visibly based on the old sculpt, but much updated. Think scaly areas, spines and skin texture. Think a much more detailed barrel mouth (perhaps a rune-inscribed metal barrel brutally projecting from the live daemon's torn behind?) and think shackles and chains fettering it to the ground. The Daemon would probably have a muzzle.

It would also have crew without twisted viking knight look, but instead with masks and a hat for the leader, scalemail, leather straps and tools. Or no crew at all for lawyer's reasons.

I'm not sure there'd be much interest in such a model. We'll have to see later on if I indeed try to make one. If I'm to make one for myself I might as well make one for everyone else whilst I'm about it.

The nature of the proctiles can be debated. Wink

PM incoming!

05-19-2014 02:50 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: An Ode to the AsscannonAdmiral 05-26-2014

05-26-2014 01:12 PM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites