Post Reply  Post Thread 
What will the tool do without its wise hand?
Author MessageWhat will the tool do without its wise hand?
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 407
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
What will the tool do without its wise hand?Admiral 06-21-2014

What will the weapon do without its arm strong?
What will the slave do without its hot brand?
And the iron without its black tong?

The answer lies hidden in dark godly true lies,
those I can't tell you, sought out on a false way,
when the Daemon times four with itself inside out vies,
then Hashut the divinities will flay.

What will the tribute do without its flour?
What will the altar do without its blood spill?
What will the idol do without its power?
And the fire without its high will?

when Taurus in wrath to the Gate in the north flies,
then Hashut all false devotees will slay.

What will the weakling do without its chain?
What will the landscape do without its erosion?
What will the victim do without its pain?
And Chaos without its emotion?

when the waters of defiled River Ruin at last dries,
then Hashut will make the whole world his clay.

- Chaos Dwarf mystic prophecy song, sometimes interpreted as indicating the End Times and the collapse of the order of things will bring about the Father of Darkness' ultimate ascent and rule of the cosmos

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXIX - Deadline 27th of January ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Chaos Dwarf Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.

This post was last modified: 06-21-2014 07:17 PM by Admiral.

06-21-2014 07:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MadHatter
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 237
Scribe's Contest Silver Best General - 2014 Scribe's Contest Bronze                               
RE: What will the tool do without its wise hand?MadHatter 06-21-2014

Hashut! Hashut! Hashut! Hashut! Hashut!

Blessed be the Dawi Zharr, the Endtimes belong to Chaos!

May your hat be tall and your beard ever coiled.
MadHatter's 90's Big Hats Blog!
06-21-2014 07:23 PM
Dînadan
Sardonic Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 122
Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: What will the tool do without its wise hand?Dînadan 06-21-2014

Good work Admiral.  

Is it odd that I read parts of it to the tune of "What Shall We do with the Drunken Sailor" ? Sorcerer

For the Glory of Uzkulak! My Chaos Dwarf blog.

06-21-2014 08:06 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: What will the tool do without its wise hand?Admiral 06-22-2014

@MadHatter: All for Hashut! Wink

@Dînadan: Thanks! Not at all, since it's loosely based on "What Shall We do with the Drunken Sailor" Tongue Wink

Singers are of course encouraged to make up their own melody.

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXIX - Deadline 27th of January ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Chaos Dwarf Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.

This post was last modified: 06-22-2014 02:32 AM by Admiral.

06-22-2014 02:26 AM
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 833
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: What will the tool do without its wise hand?Bloodbeard 06-22-2014

Admiral Wrote:
Not at all, since it's loosely based on "What Shall We do with the Drunken Sailor" Tongue Wink

Singers are of course encouraged to make up their own melody.

I did that. Turned out just spoken in a chanting way. Can't fit it to the drunken sailer.

Cool and dark text Admiral.

06-22-2014 04:28 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 833
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: What will the tool do without its wise hand?Bloodbeard 06-22-2014

Perhaps at some point we should make a pdf collection of short stories, songs, poems etc.

If the different authors are okay with it. Put it as a downloadable file on the main site.

"The Chaos Dwarf Dark Fluff Collection Volume 1 - fire edition"

06-22-2014 04:32 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: What will the tool do without its wise hand?Admiral 06-22-2014

Thanks! A chant is the best way to do this. Though now I've got to try my hand at a parody drunken sailor-ish melody for this song just to prove a point. Cheers!

Bloodbeard Wrote:
Perhaps at some point we should make a pdf collection of short stories, songs, poems etc.

If the different authors are okay with it. Put it as a downloadable file on the main site.

"The Chaos Dwarf Dark Fluff Collection Volume 1 - fire edition"

Yep, that's part of the goal! Good idea. Great minds think alike.

The aim is to flesh out the verbal world of the Chaos Dwarfs with temple texts, songs, dictionary and so on, with as many contributing authors as we can find, and then make a slew of dark audios for them. Then we'll make PDF collections and something similar for the audio files, and if the staff allows we'll post them as "Chaos Dwarfs Online Presents: ..." Wink

At the moment I'll wait some months with PDFing the texts, since I've got a plan to draft more songs and probably other stuff as well from the community, and I'd rather do as few remakes of "official" PDFs as possible. Happy

This post was last modified: 06-22-2014 04:40 AM by Admiral.

06-22-2014 04:39 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: What will the tool do without its wise hand?Admiral 06-27-2014

Bloodbeard Wrote:
Can't fit it to the drunken sailer.

Would this help? Wink

I experimented a bit with Audacity today, and this is the result. I'm not a born singer or voice actor, and will probably do little or no more audios unless I improve rapidly. The song was sung, or recited, with a voice which turned me hoarse before the end of it, but what the heck! There's your Drunken sailor-ish melody, if you can find it amidst the background sound. Tongue

06-27-2014 12:55 PM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites