Posts: 7,315 - May 2011
Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 10
Chaos Dwarf Quotes
Have you got some famous words of the Dawi Zharr or their slaves to add? Feel free to post them here, and they'll be added to the list!
How about highlighting your army general's character by a telling quote or two? I've taken the liberty to add some quotes from others in the initial list.
The minds of the mysterious slavers and blacksmiths of the Dark Lands may be glimpsed through their words, be they songs, sayings or everyday speech. Those are glimpses of a world of cruelty, oppression and blind obedience, maniac inventions, toil and a ruthless drive for power where the supernatural is just one resource amongst many to be exploited. They hint of a world of mysticism, terror and devotion. They are witnesses of a world where gods and Daemons are as real as the tools, weapons and whips handled by the Chaos Dwarfs.
These are the words of the Blacksmiths of Chaos.
- - -
Chaos Dwarf Quotes
"Release from captivity? Your release is here into the furnace. Burn, slave!"
- Hellcannon loader Gorthezzar of clan Zhimbul
"The lamentation of their widows will stand testament to our deeds today."
- Infernal Castellan Kharnezh the Scourge of the North
"See this axe? Smell this fiery smoke? Hear this wailing of tormented souls? This is the power we wield, and by the star of eight we will crush your cohorts and lay waste to your lands. We hold the power of hell in our hands. Return to your rabble and face us in battle if you dare. You will bow in rusty chains the next time we see each other, for the Soulforge hungers. All for Hashut!"
- Overlord Azhurnibul the Red prior to the battle of Cracked Valley
"This hammer have broken Daemons on my anvil. Your skull will shatter, Elf."
- Sorcerer-Prophet Nir-Kezhar
"Axemen! A half day's march to the north stands a Manling army five times our numbers! If we cannot outrun them, we'll wake a fear to devour their hearts from within. Give them a vision of their destiny atop that hill. Flay every prisoner and maim half of them. Impale a third and goug the eyes of three quarters. Cut out the tounges of three fifths and stretch the skins of a tenth between poles. Load the pyres and prepare a third of the prisoners for immolation once the Manling battlelines are drawn. Hashut wills it!"
- Sorcerer-Prophet Ghorth the Cruel during a campaign in Nordland
"Do you wish a swift death, Vermin? Such is not the punishment for your crime."
- Ship's captain Zakuresh the Harsh prior to the maiming of Skaven Warlord Itshnik the Backstabber
"Listen, Manling. Mercy is a sign of immoral weakness. Liberation is an empty dream of the fattened fool. Happiness is the stuff of madmen and nothing more. Listen, Manling. All was once ash and fire, and to ash and fire will it return. Thus the Dawi Zharr are merely the guardians of the true order of things as revealed to us by the Father of Darkness himself during the time of gravely woes. Listen, Manling. Creation is matter and life. Life is survival and domination. Domination is trampling and death. The only truth of existence is slavery, toil and doom, so forget all your fantasies about righteoussnes, freedom and justice. Face reality and despair. Your pathetic shackles might hold me for the moment, but neither they nor your thin walls will withstand the coming wrath of the Blacksmiths of Chaos!"
- Last words of a captured Chaos Dwarf slaver, whose remains are still showcased inside a gibbet hanging from the walls of a Kislevite border fort
"Men! The sacrifice was sufficient. The omens are fortunate. I have seen the visions in the fire and the trails of the smoke. The Father of Darkness will grant us victory today, yet we must offer the whole bounty to His idols, lest we will reap nought but ash and slag in the future. Smear blood on your beards as a sign of Hashut. Heft your weapons and leave none alive!"
- Sorcerer-Prophet Zharrtur
"We do not seek your confession, only your torment."
- Acolyte Kragorth the Torturer
"Raise the icon. Load the pyres. The Father will have the spoils today, that we may be blessed tomorrow."
- Drughaz the Taker
"Stare into the coals. See there....the darkness beyond and between the light of flame. There you can glimpse the will of the Father. Do you know what I see? I see ashes in the wake of a maelstrom. I see a holy birthright carved from the land and fed to a great heat with the souls of these... things. Go now. Break their lines, kill their chieftains. Blind and bind them all and set their backs to our task. "
- The Sorcerer to his General
"The Father hungers. I hunger! Bring forward a worthy tithe, or lift not your eyes in this holiest of places."
- Kurghul, Dreadborn, Warden of the Great Pit
"Dispensible? No, no. Slaves are an investment. You've only won a war if you obtain more slaves than you've lost."
- High Castellan Nabhuzzhar instructing a young lieutenant
"Our own flesh was forged in the fires of Hashut. We are the hardest!"
- Last warcry of Sorcerer-Prophet Abrizhoatt, who is now his own statue in the Fortress of Zhikhrit
"Damn it, Kera, are the last words you will ever speak..."
- Overlord Kera Foehunter
"Today we play the game of pain."
- Sorcerer-Prophet Zhudhak Ironbull the Dreaded, famed for riding into battle on the Dawi Zharr's fiercest Bale Taurus, Cacus the fire breathing giant
"The most favored praise is the one made with tears and blood."
- Daemonsmith Gharbhak Burnttongue to Sorcerer-Prophet Zhudhak Ironbull
"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of all those who we face on the battlefield, but because of me."
- Dark Castellan Barzh Harsh-hammer to Sorcerer-Prophet Zhudhak Ironbull at the eve of battle against the witches of Cathay
"Keep your faith in Hashut, but keep your black powder dry."
- Sorcerer-Prophet Zhudhak Ironbull's orders to the crew of the warmachines, at the defense of Blood River pass
"We rise in a tide of blood and iron, that will wash over this world! Our bound is iron, our will unbreakable! Who will stand against us?"
- Zlobgoth Ashbringer's motivation speech before battle
"Wield dread like an axe."
- Sorcerer-Prophet Nir-Kezhar
"The Old World is naught but a heifer to be mounted by the Great Bull God."
-Zaki Elkidrengul, Kalan A Gorak-Zharr
"The second overseer tells me that the ore has yielded nothing this day. Open his belly with your blade. If it speaks the same truth as his tongue, let him live if he can, and have the wound sealed with needle and wolfgut. However, if you find that he has swallowed crystals, let him also ingest the ore they were found in... before the stitching begin."
- Arghazi, Expeditionary Master of Resources, Daemon Stump
"No one can scream in fear when they are drowning in their own blood."
- The Pirate Queen, when eating the heart of her defeated enemy general
"Gorhak whipped the wretch and tore the limbs from its body. Then he burnt it atop the Father's pyre in sight of His mighty idols!"
- Barukimbul Thunderskull, following the maiming of Urkak Stuntystompa and the defeat of Da Bloo Waaagh!
"What are ya laggards ducking for? They couldn't hit an elder dragon at this dist-"
- Last words of Overseer Zhedzvik to his Ironsworn, before being shot by a Skaven Jezzail team
"Verily I do say thou art mine children from this time and for ever more. But be warned, I am a strict father and dost not suffer failure gladly. I hath set thou above all other races in mine dominion but tis only through strife thou shalt maintain thy position, for I am a loving Father and would seest thou prosper and tis mine love that guides mine hand to make it so, for from strife cometh determination, from determination cometh strength, from strength cometh pride and I would seest thou proud of all thy accomplishments. So I command the, go forth and make me proud in mine love of thee."
- The Dark Father's Farewell to the Twelve Sons as presented in one of the few surviving fragments of the now lost epic
"The Dark Father has led us astray; with every prayer, with every sacrifice, every offering burnt and slave whipped He slices away another part of our soul. We teeter on the Abyss and only through the Ancestors can we step back. In Hashut's name we shackle slaves but in truth it is we who are the slaves, burdened under His yoke that only the might of the Ancestors can cast off. Mark my words!
- Last testimony of the Arch-Heretic Drazkhkûl Stonefist before being sacrificed in The Temple of Hashut at the summit of Mingol Zharr-Naggrund on the night of Ar'Uzkul
"Honorable master cannoneer, the effectiveness of this awesome device of destruction was significantly enhanced by me with the help of Hashut's blessing. Just pull this lever when firing….
Hm? Yes, of course it is safe!"
- Wrazlav the Weird, daemon engineer, before the battle of the three peaks
"By Hashut's secret name! What the … Three cannons in one month! My beer glasses trembled in my cupboard this time not to speak of the crewmen! Until end of the year you will 'enhance the effectiveness' of the slaves' latrines instead! With a mop!"
- Murakat the Merciless, sorcerer lord of Kesham tower, after the battle of the three peaks
"Take a look at the burning and writhing bodies of the slaves, thus ends a good day!“
- Shalhad the Cruel, High Priest of Uzkulak
"No rat shall survive… burn them all to honour Hashut!“
- Kharlund the Immortal, after the battle of Seep-Gore
"In the dust unworthy!"
- Hathlarkk the Damned, after the ambush at Nadhak Priest of Hashut near the Road of Skulls
"My youngest Zharrling will be 5 years of age tomorrow, so we're giving him a birthday party for him and 20 of his friends. I'll be needing some slaves for the youngsters to play with as party favors...but no damn Ogre's, they burn far too slowly and you know how children these days are, they'll lose interest if it takes more than a minute for them to kill it.
Hmmm...how about you give me about 150 Gnoblars? And cut out their tongues first, the damn little things curse too much when you disembowel them, not fitting for a 5 year old to hear such foul rubbish at that age. Can you also give me 25 spiked mallets for the young ones, so they can bash in the Gnoblars' heads with?"
- Proud Dawi Zharr father, overheard at the local slave market
"Who's ready to face the furnace?"
- Grimbold Blackhammer, banner-bearer and keeper of the Black Hammer of Hashut, every time he issues a challenge
"That looks like a job for the Hobgoblins."
- Delman Blackhammer every time something dangerous begins to approach
"Watch yourselves, Beardlings. Hashut may have decided to bless you with that Immortal armour, but He has cursed you by putting you under my command. Be warned - your life belongs to me now until either you die or I die. Your every breath will be at my command and every step you make will be in time with mine. Every strike you make with your hell bladed axes will fall upon my enemies' heads and every block you make with your obsidian shields will be to save a body that belongs to me. That is the life of an Immortal Warrior."
- Groth Steelbeard, addressing new recruits before the battle of Ghorkan Pass
"What shall become of me? I am neither of Grungni nor Hashut, yet the powers of Chaos have claimed my soul as their own. I feel their power raging through me. My fingertips are tingling as the winds of magic ripple through them. I know not where I stand in this world. Will I be accepted into the halls of Zharr Naggrund or will I be cursed with forever wandering these northern wastes? I suppose the only way to find out is to visit upon my hateful cousins and pray that they accept me as one of their own."
- Skrogg the Betrayer, to his servant Gorsh the Half-Man
"Your K'Daai Destroyer has a lesser agenda than your peer's creations, and too many useless parts.
It is yours to defeat alone and... undressed."
- Grand Daemonsmith Darzokk to a pupil who had bound a Daemon of Slaanesh in a moment of distraction and failure
"My Lammasu has fallen.
Give the ivory and claws to the Daemonsmiths. Send the hide to the Lords for display and honour. Leave his beard intact or your beard and slaves are forfeit. The blood is Hashut’s, offer it in flames. Every drop that is wasted will be supplemented by your own.
Bring me the strongest of his progeny, he was bred often and well. I will bind myself to him and the Will of Hashut. We will avenge the father. Prepare the sacrifices."
- Instructions of the Great Lammasu Rider and Daemonsmith Borgraurus the Crusher at the loss of his first Lammasu
"Drink the blood of the mountain! Drown in the floods of Hashut! Feel the burning hatred of the god!"
- Battlecry of Magma Cannon Crew Member Khrazgrup the Cooker
"By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
"Dusting it gently with a pinch of crushed elfbone after shining your cleaned hat throughly with Halfling fat gives it that sought-after quality gloss in which the fires of Zharr are properly reflected."
- Fragment from 'Impressing the Daughters of the Father of Darkness', Zharr-Naggrund Library, Restricted section
"For Hashut, My Blood!
For Hashut, My Life!
For Hashut, My Soul!
But first Neighbour…
- Final verse of the dedication of sacrifices to Hashut as spoken by Lord Sorcerer Gred'Zoed
"We go to Dust.
We go to Ashes.
In Sorcerers we Trust,
But see to your Axes!"
- Part of a Clan Dark Fold Marching Chant
"Any race too weak to fight to the death, is unworthy of freedom."
- High Castellan Nabhuzzhar debating the ethics of slavery
"Why is Hashut the greatest of the Chaos Gods? He is not the strongest amongst them, or the most loved, nor has he any Daemon legions. He is the greatest of the Chaos Gods because he pursues his destiny with grim determination, through intelligence, cunning and craftsmanship. So too are we the greatest race in the world, while we are neither the strongest, the most loved or the most numerous."
- Speech of Sorcerer-Prophet Abrizhoatt, leading a Fire Mass
"It matters not that you failed to burn the world. What matters is that you lit a fire."
- Neherazsh the Flaming Bull
"Stand firm my kinsmen and face our enemy with stout hearts. Never shall the malicious hatred of the traitor race break our spirit or honour. Never shall the unholy and tainted enter the Temple of the Ancestor Gods. Never shall their dark fire burn through the gromril of our anvils.
Let the damned Dawi Zharr wash and break against our shield wall, like waves on a cliff and let grudges be settled tonight. Rally to me now my brothers! Rally to the banner of King Grauglim, the Banner of Karak Grimazul, the Banner of Ancestors!"
- Thane Svein Axegrinder of Karak Grimazul, 2122
"Millenia old bloodlines were slaughtered to extinction, our Temple was burnt by the the flaming brazen bull of flame and shadow and the battle standard of Karak Grimazul was stolen.
And thus Svein Axegrinder took the Slayer Oath and swore to return the Banner of Ancestors lost, or die fighting for it."
- Karak Grimazul Book of Grudges, one of countless grudges written upon the massacre at Temple Gates
"Oh, Hashut Father of Darkness! Take this enemy sacrificed, take his broken soul! An oath were sworn, and oath will not be kept. We offer you your most hated foe, let your unholy flames consume him. Shaved by the dagger cast from his standard. Bound by rope made from his beard. Oh, Hashut Father of Darkness! Hear the screams of agony and despair, know that this sacrifice has lost all his will for defiance. We cast him now into your furnace, denying his chance of death by combat. Take this enemy and dagger I offer you, eternal damnation awaits him, as he will never fulfill his oath. I too am now a slayer – a slayer of fates! Burn!"
- Sorcerer-Prophet Dazorak Fate-Slayer, Temple of Hashut, 2286
"You dare speak to me of morality? Wretch! For this you will die in horror and torment. Yet know this: The scum you call kin knows nothing about right or wrong. I will tell you what is right. It is right to be cruel and strong. It is right to dominate. It is right to enslave. Kindness and meekness never built an empire. Life is conquest. Now, woe to the vanquished..."
- Slavedriver Hurzhkam Balefiend to an enslaved Sigmarite priest
"Hear me! You are Blacksmiths of Chaos. You are offspring of the Father of Darkness. You are steel and you are cruelty. Mercy and pity will be rewarded by whip and blade. Weakness will be punished. Inability and clumsiness will see you flogged. You will be strong, and you will crush the weak. You will flay and you will maim. You will toil and you will sacrifice in flames and molten metal. You will worship in front of His mighty idols and you will obey every word of your masters. Hear me!"
- Grandmother Zharyna Ivorytusk to her sixty surviving grandchildren
"Swines! Filthy heathens! I spit on you! Fourteen Daemons times twelve and two will rip your limbs and cast them into roaring fire and thunder. I swear, Matzhkra the Leaden Trampled will make slaves of your sons and harlots of your daughters! The Eye of the Great Four will witness as Hashut when on high tramples your worthless souls into the eternal abyss of shadow and flame! By Dark Gods, you are hereby and forever curs-"
- Overlord Khulim-Banizhulbar Hidetearer to Cathayan Grand Admiral Liun Shang, following his flotilla's defeat at the battle of Crimson Reef and immediately prior to his decapitation
"Lo and behold! Into the endless expanse of the dark and fiery heavens have I gazed, and yet I have beheld the End.
Lo and behold! Into the timeless depths of the wrathful and molten netherworld have I gazed, and yet I have beheld the Times.
Lo and behold! Into the eternal oblivion of the abode of Dark Gods and Daemons alike have I gazed, and there I have beheld the End Times."
- Opening stanzas of the
Foretelling of the Cycle of Doom, by Sorcerer-Prophet Kadruzzimbul-Zharrgonidus Ashtounge the Despoiler
"It comes! It comes! Great Four shall be Five and creation shall be shattered into desolation, yet from out of the ruins shall the victors stride over the corpses of once numerous living and the rubble of once great works. And they shall stride triumphant and cruel in their might, their flames a blaze of power untold and their darkness a cloak of fear. And their arms shall be strong and scarred from hardship and struggle victorious, yet life shall be bought at the cost of their souls. And they shall wade across the morass of plague unscathed, and wander through the plains of famine untouched. And they shall march unto the fields of war undaunted and walk through the gates of death, and beyond that fickle oblivion, Chaos awaits. It comes! The end comes!"
- Last words of Sorcerer-Prophet Grazhukkimbul Hornbreaker, spoken in a frenzied fit of bloodletting and self-mutilation, which ended in a faulty petrification that reduced his statuary remains to nought but gravel
The Daemonic visions were clear. Sacrifice twelve oxen and forty slaves to appease the Father of Darkness, and flay an orc to be cast into molten copper, for the Daemons of Myth must be sated, lest cursed be our shackled souls.
Listen, hear me.
Look, see me.
Ken, know me.
I have behelt a great blackness, akin to a thousand, thousand storm clouds. Chill it was, like death, and dessicated like old bones. This was a bale wind unleashed, a great doom come to claim the living.
Yet there were power to be claimed. Such power that eyes withered into empty sockets by the very sight of it. And riding upon that wave of death was no one else than Zarrek. Cower and despair!
- Sorcerer-Prophet Nir-Kezhar
"We trampled our foe's skull into the dust. We melted down his arms and armour. We burnt his home. We carried away all his possessions. We took all his cattle. We enslaved his wife and offspring. We defiled his false gods and tore down his impure altars. By the divine will and by the unholy name of Hashut, the fiery Bull God, the Father of Darkness, we carried out this great deed. Ultimately, we conquered, for we planted our proud standard high atop the pile of our foes' corpses. That is the true essence of triumph."
- Despot Kharzakul Ironfang
"Are we there yet?"
- Bezherak the Cruel to his Iron Daemon driver
"Run 'em down an' keep yer dirty knives off my back!"
- Weezgor Khan
“We iz quiet, see. We’z quiet, and we’z fast. We’z quiet, and we’z fast, and then we cuts you. We’z quiet, we’z fast, and after we cuts you, we gives you to da bosses. After dat, we gets rewards.”
- Morsnik Backbiter
"Flee today, so ya can fight tommorrah as well."
- Hobgoblin Khan Zung Wisetongue
"Of course he cheated. He just did it so well I couldn't catch him at it."
- Ghengis "One Eye", Hobgoblin Khan
Foreign Quotes About Chaos Dwarfs
“It’s leering face chattered and cackled as it flew overhead. The air ruptured and seethed where it flew, and I saw Captain Peregrin fall down and cry as he stared at it. An impassive statue, the abomination's cruel master looked down upon us, and there was nothing but steel, shadow and blood.”
- Dr. Waterhise, Gunnery Engineer attached to the 3rd Averlander Halberdier Corp, regarding the Sorceror-Prophet Izdubaar the Pale, riding Bilgaames the Lamassu
“A stampede of iron and flesh, and he rode at their head. And we knew death had come.”
- Lt. Hathet, of the Lithwegen Mercenary Company, Eastern Chapter, regarding the Infernal Castellan Harbinger Enkiir
“Grungni shit on em! Abortions, blasphemers! Their mothers should’ve strangled ‘em when they had the chance. Bah, more daemon than Dwarf, now. The whore-sons fight like both, though.”
- Snarri Axebeard, Thane of Karaz-a-Karak, regarding the Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard
“Unbind me, Dwarf. You can’t imagine what I will do to you if I ever get out of this steel tomb. It is in your best interest to simply release me. Release me! Please, release me. We can make a deal!”
- Kr’chakan, bound by Daemonsmith Arikaaz Furnacekeeper
"And darkness settled over the land, and roiling thunderclouds rent asunder by lightning draped all beneath in a black shroud as though the world itself had fallen to plague and were to be heaved into a mass grave. And the molten guts of the world spat forth from the nether regions, and the ground cracked and yawned open as quakes rattled us all. And on the ashen horizon, amidst the horrifying sounds of torturers and tortured, amidst the bale ranks of the Blacksmiths of Chaos, amidst the shields, the weapons, the gibbets and the torches, were the banners of doom. Amidst these banners, great spirit-monsters of flame and iron shackles raged and burnt. And as our eyes' gaze fell upon the greatest of these fell standards of the black host, our hearts sank, for then we truly knew that the forgemen of hell had arisen from the nameless depths to claim us all..."
- Excerpt from an aged letter written upon Orc hide parchment by an unknown Bretonnian, found in the estate of a deceased Bright Wizard
List of Contents by Contributors: Chaos Dwarf Quotes
Admiral: 1-7, 21, 25, 52-58.
Fuggit Khan: 34.
Grimbold Blackhammer: 35, 36.
Helblindi: 13, 14, 46-48.
Kera Foehunter: 15, 24.
MadHatter: 22, 43.
Roark: 8-10, 23.
TheHoodedMan: 29, 30.
torn: 37, 38.
List of Contents by Contributors: Hobgoblin Quotes
Grimbold Blackhammer: 4.
List of Contents by Contributors: Foreign Quotes About Chaos Dwarfs
Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out! https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com
And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.
This post was last modified: 10-26-2016 04:50 PM by Admiral.