Post Reply  Post Thread 
Path to Glory
Author MessagePath to Glory
Dînadan
Sardonic Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 122
Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
Path to GloryDînadan 07-03-2014

I'm sure many of you will remember the Path to Glory article that ran in White Dwarf many, many years ago, but for the benefit of those who don't (or are too young too) remember it, Path to Glory was a set of rules that used the Hordes of Chaos army book to allow players to fight a campaign where a champion of chaos  leads a warband to glory.  Over the course the campaign, the warbands would grow as the champions gain prestige in the eyes of the Chaos Gods.  And similar to Mordheim, the champions would also grow over the campaign, gaining skills and mutations.

Recently at my local gaming club has decided to revive this concept and run a preliminary campaign for our Chaos players before we run our next club campaign next year (which will be a redo of the Storm of Chaos) and as such an update for the old rules is required.  Below is my first (rough) draft of these rules for anyone here interested in playing their own Path to Glory campaign to take a gander at.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=www.f...27b0b8af02

EDIT: second draft
https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=www.f...99d9528d94

For the Glory of Uzkulak! My Chaos Dwarf blog.

This post was last modified: 07-04-2014 08:54 AM by Dînadan.

07-03-2014 10:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 381
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: Path to GloryAdmiral 07-03-2014

Nice! I really liked that article back in the day WD was worth the price. This looks like a good update, and it's nice to see so many factions available here.

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXIX - Deadline 27th of January ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Chaos Dwarf Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.
07-03-2014 11:03 AM
Dînadan

Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: Path to GloryDînadan 07-03-2014

Thanks Admiral.  The range of races is mainly down to me having CDs, one guy starting daemons and another doing a Cult of Slaanesh army.

07-03-2014 11:15 AM
MadHatter
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 237
Scribe's Contest Silver Best General - 2014 Scribe's Contest Bronze                               
RE: Path to GloryMadHatter 07-03-2014

Very interesting concept, this would be something to release in WoH! Please keep us updated on the campaign!

May your hat be tall and your beard ever coiled.
MadHatter's 90's Big Hats Blog!
07-03-2014 11:19 AM
Dînadan

RE: Path to GloryDînadan 07-03-2014

MadHatter Wrote:
Very interesting concept, this would be something to release in WoH! Please keep us updated on the campaign!

Well it's probably a while off - we were planning to have it later this year, but it's been pushed back to potentially next year; we're going to be doing a Mordheim display game for Crusade next January so most likely will be having a Mordheim campaign later this year so those who will be running the game at the show can reacquaint themselves with the rules.

07-03-2014 11:31 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 381
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: Path to GloryAdmiral 07-03-2014

Yep, having reviewed it further I agree this is magazine material. Just tell us (or whoever holds the reins for WoH then) when you think the document is polished enough, and it'll get taken aboard. Happy

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXIX - Deadline 27th of January ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Chaos Dwarf Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.
07-03-2014 12:28 PM
Dînadan

RE: Path to GloryDînadan 07-04-2014

Updated with a second draft - corrected an error on the Hashut advancement table and added in a Wizard advancement table

07-04-2014 08:54 AM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules Admiral 7 7,524 05-13-2016 08:32 AM
Last Post: Admiral

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites