Elrodogg's Ogre / Chaos Dwarf Blog
Author MessageElrodogg's Ogre / Chaos Dwarf Blog
elrodogg
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 21

Elrodogg's Ogre / Chaos Dwarf Blogelrodogg 09-01-2014

I've had a horde of bull centaurs sitting in my closet for a while now.  After much considering, I've decided to play them as a count-as Ogre Kingdoms list.  At some point, I'll get around to expanding the list to a regular CD army.

Here's the list I am going to be building in my initial build out:
Slaughtermaster
Bruiser BSB
Butcher
6 Ogres
9 Ironguts w/ FC
3 Sabretusks
Gorger
6 Maneaters
2 Irontusks
Stonehorn

The army is largely assembled, I am up to the best part... painting! Wink

First round of pics with some explanations:
Charachters and the maneaters will be mounted on a palanquin.  Characters are some classic chaos dwarfs.  Maneaters are CD blunderbusses (maneaters will be armed with Ogre pistols anyhow).  

Ogres and Ironguts (Ironguts have a higher proportion of GW armed troops to smaller HW which the Ogre units will have)... the final Ironguts are getting stripped after a primer accident.  

Maneaters - blunderbusses to come in a future update:

Gorger:

Sabretusks - I always loved the Kroot hound models:

Ironblasters - All the mournfangs / rhinox / beasts are custom sculpted rock monsters - the guns themselves are magnetized to be moved to a regular base for a vanilla CD and/or Dwarf army:

Stonehorn - the cannon bit is magnetized to swap with something else to count as a thundertusk if I want (that weapon would have a second crewman):

Stay tuned for future updates to come in the coming weeks and months.

Next update will have a painted model! Sorcerer

09-01-2014 09:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 834
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: Elrodogg's Ogre / Chaos Dwarf BlogBloodbeard 09-01-2014

Well this is a nice and original idea. Good way to use those old bull centaurs - they kn of disappear on the current 50*75 bases.

Being an eager scratch builder myself - what putty are you using?

And do you have a plan for base expanding when the miniatures will bevome regular CDs?

I thin the pallanquins deserves a bit more detail compared to the miniatures. Perhaps a metal band around the edge on the top part. Can be done easily wnoigh with some plastic strip.

09-01-2014 10:56 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1664
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x3 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018                               
RE: Elrodogg's Ogre / Chaos Dwarf BlogAbecedar 09-01-2014

Did I get the count correct? You have 15 of the old BC's. Am definitely jealousy, I only have 9 or so.

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
09-01-2014 11:14 PM
elrodogg
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

RE: Elrodogg's Ogre / Chaos Dwarf Blogelrodogg 09-02-2014

@Bloodbeard - those are 40mm squares!  The putty I use is super sculpy.  It's really simple to use and just bake it in the oven to harden.  As for the palanquins. I am going to paint in the seams in the cobblestones down the sides.. it should look continuous (or at least fairly continuous).  I think some actual test models will help to figure that part out.

When it comes to the actual CD list, I have 40+ big hat with GW and another 40+ with blunderbusses.  Planning on using some mantic gobbos for hobgoblins.  

@Bloodbeard - I have 24 oop bull centaurs I am using (3 chars, 6 regular ogres, 9 ironguts and 6 maneaters).  I have 2 more in reserve as well.

09-02-2014 12:59 PM
Yodrin
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 296
Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Attitude - 2013 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS                               
RE: Elrodogg's Ogre / Chaos Dwarf BlogYodrin 09-02-2014

Wow, some nice ideas and conversions, great job!!

YODRIN'S P.BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=13137

Thommy H Wrote:
This thread is two years old. The kid in question is probably in prison by now.

09-02-2014 01:27 PM
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1521
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: Elrodogg's Ogre / Chaos Dwarf Blogtjub 09-02-2014

Looks good but I would use a smaller chain... Happy

Intro to 15mm Kings of War
My CDO blog containing all things Chaos Dwarf.
My various other hobby projects on Instagram.
Follow Admiralty Miniatures on Facebook!

09-02-2014 03:34 PM
elrodogg
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

RE: Elrodogg's Ogre / Chaos Dwarf Blogelrodogg 09-02-2014

I thought about the gauge of the chain and actually chose to opt for a larger gauge. My thoughts were based around the ideas of what would one use to chain a giant beast?  Also, that was the smallest gauge available at home depot. Cheers!

09-02-2014 10:16 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x3 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018                               
RE: Elrodogg's Ogre / Chaos Dwarf BlogAbecedar 09-02-2014

I too think ill of that chain you've used. It really doesn't look right.   The "heaviest" chain I've used to date is from a lady's reading glasses chain. The others I use are from cheap jewellry. You can get all the sizes you'll need if you're not too embarrassed to be seen looking at dress jewellry and stuff

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
09-02-2014 10:58 PM
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 834
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: Elrodogg's Ogre / Chaos Dwarf BlogBloodbeard 09-03-2014

elrodogg Wrote:
@Bloodbeard - those are 40mm squares! 

I can see that. What I ment is: If you play Tamurkhan bull cantaurs has to be on those large monstrous cavalry bases 50*75. And those old school centaurs look very small on those bases. Do you have a plan for that? When your force evolves from an ogre army to a chaod dwarf army.

09-03-2014 04:54 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
elrodogg
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

RE: Elrodogg's Ogre / Chaos Dwarf Blogelrodogg 09-03-2014

Hmm... I'll reconsider the chain.  Anyone have a link to some recommendations?

@Bloodbeard - the answer is magnets.  The cork basing material is about the same depth as a rare earth magnet.  Magnet for each hindfood on the base, a little tiny bit of metal glued under the feet and voila.  If it shows too much, then it'll get hidden with some static grass or something else.   It'll take some rebasing at a later point, but I am fine with touch ups and little odds n ends projects like that.

09-03-2014 07:45 AM
torn
Lord of Flaming Automatons

Slaves: 237
Veteran Medal - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Scribe's Contest Gold                               
RE: Elrodogg's Ogre / Chaos Dwarf Blogtorn 09-03-2014

I think its a great idea and much more original use for chaos dwarfs than count as dwarfs.

Hobgoblins can be used as the ogre goblin things as well

current projects:-
New mask/helmet style chaos dwarfs
blood bowl necromantic repaint
beyond the gates of antares algoryn force
my own battlefield!

2014 results with chaos dwarfs
1 - 0 - 1
09-03-2014 11:43 AM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

RE: Elrodogg's Ogre / Chaos Dwarf BlogAbecedar 09-03-2014

No links  for the chains needed.  The plastic glasses chain, which measures 8mm for each link by the way, came from a chemist. All the other chains come from cheap jewellry in Kmart or $2 shops.

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
09-03-2014 06:58 PM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Return to Chaos - yet another chaos dwarf blog thymbrin-snakebeard 6 264 07-04-2019 02:34 PM
Last Post: Jackswift
  JMR's renewed Chaos Dwarf blog - 26 Jun - Altar of Hashut JMR 258 171,554 10-12-2017 03:08 PM
Last Post: Carcearion
  Bloodbeards Chaos Dwarf Blog Bloodbeard 556 332,659 10-09-2017 03:19 PM
Last Post: Pappa Midnight
  [08-16-17] Agandhjin's slow grow towards Chaos Dwarf-allied Ogre Slavers Agandhjin 15 2,670 08-17-2017 05:53 AM
Last Post: Admiral
  Chaos Dwarf Army BIG blog/site - lots to see! ruinouspowers 0 1,904 10-21-2014 12:30 PM
Last Post: ruinouspowers

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites