Pages (13): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 Next > Last »
1 Votes - 5 Average   THE GREAT EMISSARY EXCHANGE
Author MessageTHE GREAT EMISSARY EXCHANGE
MadHatter
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 237
Scribe's Contest Silver Best General - 2014 Scribe's Contest Bronze                               
THE GREAT EMISSARY EXCHANGEMadHatter 10-09-2014

Based on the idea Torn had about a unit, where many people added miniatures and one would win them all aswell as Bloodbeards give-away of one Emissary from his Blooded Horde as a prize for the scribe contest I would propose an Emissary Exchange.

Myself I have now ordered 10 metal axemen to convert into emissaries from the Gorak-Zharr clan and I would like to exchange them with my friends here at CDO. I plan to field them as Ironsworn myself but everyone can naturally use them for whatever they wish.

So, convert/create any number of chaos dwarf emissary models of your own armys colors and style of models and exchange with the others who signed up. Bases would be left black so everyone can get a consistency with the basing.

With the exchange it would be cool with a short backstory about the exchange of diplomats, perhaps a name and short about the clans political motives. It would add alot of flavour to the games, alot of fluff to each participants army and we would game with the strength of the CDO Council pouring down from the frothing mouth of Hashut into our dicerolls.

Participants are welcome to make a post to continously update with their Emissaries and I'll link it here under participants Happy

We make Emissaries and trade them with each other!

Patricipants
TheHoodedMan's Emissaries
Ravenswood
Kera Foehunter
Tjub
Fuggit Khan
Abecedar's Emissaries
Herby
MadHatter's Emissaries
Bloodbeard's Emissaries
Zanko's Emissaries

2017 Image Salvage

May your hat be tall and your beard ever coiled.
MadHatter's 90's Big Hats Blog!

This post was last modified: 08-06-2017 03:30 PM by Admiral.

10-09-2014 11:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1178
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: The Great Emissary Exchange of 2014Zanko 10-09-2014

The idea sounds really good! Cheers!

I'm in! Tongue Wink

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

10-09-2014 11:16 AM
MadHatter
Greater Daemon of Hashut

RE: The Great Emissary Exchange of 2014MadHatter 10-09-2014

Zanko Wrote:
The idea sounds really good! Cheers!

I'm in! Tongue Wink

Hashut!

Welcome aboard! Cheers!

10-09-2014 11:17 AM
Dînadan
Sardonic Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 115
Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: The Great Emissary Exchange of 2014Dînadan 10-09-2014

MadHatter Wrote:

So, there would be 10 spots open to join in, it starts now with a 2 month deadline, so we would all send them out around the 10th of October. Hopefully reaching all participants around X-mas, now wouldn't that be neat!

Surely you mean 10th of December? 10th of October is only a day away Shock

Sounds like a nice idea, but unfortunately I won't be able to participate as I don't have the money to buy stuff to convert up or to pay postage to send them out Sad

For the Glory of Uzkulak! My Chaos Dwarf blog.

10-09-2014 11:26 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 411
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: The Great Emissary Exchange of 2014Admiral 10-09-2014

Good idea and good luck! I really have to start focus on models for my own army (which isn't big enough for normal-sized games) and have no 10 models I could part with for this, so I won't participate this time around. Also, student economy. Otherwise I'd have joined in. Happy

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXIII - Voting Deadline 14th of December ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Chaos Dwarf Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.

This post was last modified: 10-09-2014 11:29 AM by Admiral.

10-09-2014 11:28 AM
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 832
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: The Great Emissary Exchange of 2014Bloodbeard 10-09-2014

It would be possible to do this without a 10 model criteria. MadHatter wants 10. I would be happy to have a mini from his clan and one from Zankos swamp lands. so perhaps only make two emissaries.

Dinadan might not have economy for 10 models. But that shouldn't stop him from sending one to MadHatter and receiving one in return. Still take part i the fun, but with less money and time.

10-09-2014 11:35 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MadHatter
Greater Daemon of Hashut

RE: The Great Emissary Exchange of 2014MadHatter 10-09-2014

Bloodbeard Wrote:
It would be possible to do this without a 10 model criteria. MadHatter wants 10. I would be happy to have a mini from his clan and one from Zankos swamp lands. so perhaps only make two emissaries.

Dinadan might not have economy for 10 models. But that shouldn't stop him from sending one to MadHatter and receiving one in return. Still take part i the fun, but with less money and time.

Alright I'll fix it thus; we make emissaries, as many as we want and then we trade them with each other.

*Removed the dates as this can be an ongoing project
*Removed the slots so anyone can join in at any time

Ill have mine ready as soon as possible Cheers!

This post was last modified: 10-09-2014 12:14 PM by MadHatter.

10-09-2014 12:04 PM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: THE GREAT EMISSARY EXCHANGEZanko 10-09-2014

Ok at the moment I will make 2 emissaries but I'm willing to make more! Cheers!

Hashut!

The Lizard King 

10-09-2014 12:22 PM
Bloodbeard

Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: THE GREAT EMISSARY EXCHANGEBloodbeard 10-09-2014

Bloodbeard Emissary Exchange.

I'll update this post with any deals struck. At this point Daemonsmith Zantromm will send out diplomats to:

• Gorak-Zharr Clan and MadHatter.
  • The Mighty Lizard King and Zanko.
  • Herby's New Forces
  • Zarrek the Chosens embassy and TheHoodedMan
  • The Great Khan Fuggit of Fuggit Khans forces

I think this is a nice idea and a great way to feel the community. I'll use the emissaries as something extra in my regiments, as wound counters, turn markers or just innocent  bystanders. But they'll join every battle!

This is gonna be fun! I'll try to make the emissaries fit the armies they go to. Already have three specific bits in mind for Zankos.

Edit: And the ambassador going to the mad flying prophet has also popped into my mind. He's gonna ge great!

This post was last modified: 10-18-2014 02:20 AM by Bloodbeard.

10-09-2014 12:53 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MadHatter
Greater Daemon of Hashut

RE: THE GREAT EMISSARY EXCHANGEMadHatter 10-09-2014

Gorak-Zharr Embassy

I'll update this post with any deals struck aswell as with pictures of the Ambassadors. At this point the Gorak-Zharr clan is preparing to send Emissaries to:

- Zantromm the Aspiring of the Blooded Horde (Bloodbeard) **recieved**

- Zagor the Lizard King (Zanko) **recieved** / **sent**

- Herby **recieved** / **sent**

- Zarrek the shadow born, sorcerer prophet and priest of Hashut (TheHoodedMan) **recieved** / **sent**

- Kera Foehunter of Hashuts Cult of Power

- Fuggit Khan **recieved**

-Nir-Kezhar (Admiral)

Diplomats exchanged with the Gorak-Zharr will earn the ear of His Excellency Klobolg Gorak-Zharr, Voice of Hashut, Son of the Father of Darkness, the Mad Prophet, Guzazi-A-Elgi-Umgi-Dawi-Grobi-Drazhurki-Grumi-Gronti-Drakki-en-Dhaozi, Brass Wings of the Night-Sky, Karugromthi-A-Kalan-A-Gorak-Zharr and First of His Name, through both oath and through service on the battlefield as elite Infernal Ironsworn.

Like Bloodbeard I will also convert the emissaries Happy

This post was last modified: 01-12-2015 07:49 PM by MadHatter.

10-09-2014 01:29 PM
MadHatter
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Following Bloodbeards example I also made a post to continuously update my embassy Happy I'll link all such posts to the list of participants!

10-09-2014 01:31 PM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

RE: THE GREAT EMISSARY EXCHANGEZanko 10-09-2014

Zagor the Lizard King will send his emissaries to:

- Zantromm the Aspiring of the Blooded Horde (Bloodbeard)

- Gorak-Zharr Clan (MadHatter)

- Herby

- Abecedar

- Zarrek the shadow born, sorcerer prophet and priest of Hashut (TheHoodedMan)

=> in the moment I'm not sure which models I will use and if they are converted or not. When I'm back at home I must peruse my miniatures and then I will decide!

=> In contrast to Bloodbeards opinion I have no "gazillion kilos of lead" ... so I decided to take the miniatures of Titan Wargames to build the emissaries! The idea is also that you can't see any extreme mutations cause the Frurndar are not very "popular" amongst the CD community! Wink

Hashut!

The Lizard King 

This post was last modified: 10-26-2014 04:41 AM by Zanko.

10-09-2014 01:51 PM
MadHatter
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Zanko Wrote:
Zagor the Lizard King will send his emissaries to:

- Zantromm the Aspiring of the Blooded Horde (Bloodbeard)

- Gorak-Zharr Clan (MadHatter)

=> in the moment I'm not sure which models I will use and if they are converted or not. When I'm back at home I must peruse my miniatures and then I will decide!

Hashut!

Got your embassy-post linked up Zanko Takes Hat off

10-09-2014 01:57 PM
Bloodbeard

RE: THE GREAT EMISSARY EXCHANGEBloodbeard 10-09-2014

Zanko Wrote:

Good thing you have just under a gazillion kilos of lead in your collection.

10-09-2014 02:02 PM
MadHatter
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Aaand the axemen are paid for and on their way Takes Hat off

This post was last modified: 10-09-2014 03:35 PM by MadHatter.

10-09-2014 03:35 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 411
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: THE GREAT EMISSARY EXCHANGEAdmiral 10-09-2014

MadHatter Wrote:
Diplomats exchanged with the Gorak-Zharr will earn the ear of Klobolg Gorak-Zharr, Voice of Hashut, Son of the Father of Darkness, the Mad Prophet, Guzazi-A-Elgi-Umgi-Dawi-Grobi-Drazhurki-Grumi-Gronti-Drakki-en-Dhaozi, Brass Wings of the Night-Sky, Karugromthi-A-Kalan-A-Gorak-Zharr and First of his name, through both oath and through service on the battlefield as elite Infernal Ironsworn

Haha, you beat even my tournament names and titles for Chaos Dwarf characters! Your is even longer! Cheers!

With the move away from 10-warrior format I'll consider joining. I won't promise anything as of now and will have to think about it for a while.

Good initiative and spirit, folks!

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXIII - Voting Deadline 14th of December ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Chaos Dwarf Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.
10-09-2014 03:42 PM
MadHatter
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Admiral Wrote:

MadHatter Wrote:
Diplomats exchanged with the Gorak-Zharr will earn the ear of Klobolg Gorak-Zharr, Voice of Hashut, Son of the Father of Darkness, the Mad Prophet, Guzazi-A-Elgi-Umgi-Dawi-Grobi-Drazhurki-Grumi-Gronti-Drakki-en-Dhaozi, Brass Wings of the Night-Sky, Karugromthi-A-Kalan-A-Gorak-Zharr and First of His Name, through both oath and through service on the battlefield as elite Infernal Ironsworn

Haha, you beat even my tournament names and titles for Chaos Dwarf characters! Your is even longer! Cheers!

With the move away from 10-warrior format I'll consider joining. I won't promise anything as of now and will have to think about it for a while.

Good initiative and spirit, folks!

General names are enforced in this tournament I'm entering, I don't like being forced so the titles will ever grow with great deeds done in battle Hashut!

Sound good Varr'rik, the circle of ambassadors won't be complete without Nir-Kezhar's voice represented.

10-09-2014 05:10 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1407
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: THE GREAT EMISSARY EXCHANGEAbecedar 10-09-2014

I think I'd like to do this, but will have a real good think this weekend.

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
10-09-2014 06:33 PM
MadHatter
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Abecedar Wrote:
I think I'd like to do this, but will have a real good think this weekend.

It would be an honour to exchange diplomats with you Abecedar Happy

10-09-2014 06:36 PM
torn
Lord of Flaming Automatons

Market Rep: 1
Veteran Medal - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Scribe's Contest Gold                               
RE: THE GREAT EMISSARY EXCHANGEtorn 10-09-2014

I would love to participate. I dont have a lot of time or free space on my workbench right now. So just to get this straight, would the models be of chaos dwarf warriors? so essentially we will all end up with an emmisary unit we can field containing a miniature from everyone army?

My only concern will be postage. I sent a small parcel to bloodbeard this week costing me £3.70. If i was to do that 10 times and get back in return, that unit would have cost me around £5 per model. Im not going to make a big deal as I am fortunate to have a well payed job but I am guessing that this will be out of a lot of peoples budgets.

current projects:-
New mask/helmet style chaos dwarfs
blood bowl necromantic repaint
beyond the gates of antares algoryn force
my own battlefield!

2014 results with chaos dwarfs
1 - 0 - 1
10-09-2014 07:51 PM
Pages (13): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version