Post Reply  Post Thread 
Dirtbusters: Brothers in Trash (a documentary)
Author MessageDirtbusters: Brothers in Trash (a documentary)
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 834
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
Dirtbusters: Brothers in Trash (a documentary)Bloodbeard 10-22-2014

So part of my free time is spend in a brotherhood called Dirtbusters.

What is Dirtbusters?

It's a paramilitary cleaning crew, taking on the nastiest jobs with a smile and asking nothing but beer in return.

Started in 1995 at a roleplaying convention i Denmark, it has evolved and lived on ever since. A couple of years ago after a concert cleaning gig a man came up to me:

"Do you remember me?", he said. I didn't remember anything from the night before, neither did my brothers in arms. Turned out he was a cameraman and documentarist. He wanted to do a movie "capturing the essence of the crazyness I saw last night." So he followed us around for a couple of years, filming at differnet gigs. And he cut 100 of hours of material into a short (28 minute) documentary. And since them the brotherhood has evolved and changed again.

It aired on danish national television two years ago, had a few reruns too. Now it's on the internet with subtitles. And nominated for a lot of fine movie prices, at a fine galla filmfest - main price being given along sides 25k danish crowns. We're gonna crash the party of cause.

So, feel free to check it out! It's rock n roll, cleaning, drinking, brotherhood, courage, doing shitty jobs with a good attitude. Be warned though: It's not necessarily appropriate for children or your work place.

Dirtbusters - Brothers in Trash

If you do like what you see, please drop by the danish site: Ekko Shortlist
Click play, give it some stars. It's currently all time number 7 of over 200 films featured on the site. Getting it some attention will also raise the chance of gettign prices.

Keep it Clean! Pro Patria et Felatio.

Bloodbeard - aka Next-in-Command Brother Nilfisk Advanced.

10-22-2014 05:21 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MadHatter
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 237
Scribe's Contest Silver Best General - 2014 Scribe's Contest Bronze                               
RE: Dirtbusters: Brothers in Trash (a documentary)MadHatter 10-22-2014

7 stars!

Pro patria et fellatio Cheers!

May your hat be tall and your beard ever coiled.
MadHatter's 90's Big Hats Blog!
10-22-2014 05:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 834
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: Dirtbusters: Brothers in Trash (a documentary)Bloodbeard 10-22-2014

Pro Patria et Felatio is the slogan of the Dirtbusters. Has been that almost from the start. The spelling mistake in "Felatio" is part of it - since the it's embroidered like that on our banner. Two years ago we put something extra on it. Pro Patria et Felatio - Primus ad Cunnum.

When DB first stated is was very inspired by werewolf in World of Darkness. We have a litany and was fighting some evil power in the world (wyrm).

Then quickly came the boilersuits (we call them power armors) and the enemy became Chaos (all kinds of dirt). So totally space marine inspiration. We have a commander, have worked in squads and even have a Librarian.

The joke keeps evolving. I may we were at a large harbour culture festival. That was kind of a russian navy phase.

The Litany
We will fight against Chaos - until Chaos is defeated
A Dirtbuster is your brother - guard him well
Carry the purity in your heart - and your mind
Know that Chaos dwells inside you - choke it
Stay vigilant - fight Chaos were you encounter it
Bring the message of purity to the world
Death is without significance - there's only the fight
A Dirtbuster has no free time

This is recited every morning when the Dirtbusters are on a mission. Besides this we have battle hymns, medals and all kinds of internal history.

10-22-2014 06:24 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TheHoodedMan
The Black Scourge

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 365
Golden Hat - Bronze x3 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Dark Apostle - Bronze Best General - 2015 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best General - 2017                               
RE: Dirtbusters: Brothers in Trash (a documentary)TheHoodedMan 10-22-2014

That sounds really nuts Cheers!Cheers!.
Will have a look at it today evening.

10-22-2014 06:43 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 699
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017                               
RE: Dirtbusters: Brothers in Trash (a documentary)Admiral 10-22-2014

This is nuts. Complete nuts, in a good way. Cheers!

Good luck winning the prize, Bloodbeard and crew. Pro patria et fellatio!

Besides, it somehow doesn't surprise me to see a bunch of Danes toiling like this for beer. A Swedish globetrotter once told me that he worked as a trashcollector in Denmark just to try out the profession, and apparently it wasn't uncommon for people to place beer cans or beer bottles out at the trashcan. They got a bit tipsy during work, it seems. This might have been some years ago, though.

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXXIII - Deadline 23rd of September  ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings:
Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.

This post was last modified: 10-22-2014 04:23 PM by Admiral.

10-22-2014 04:15 PM
Malorndk
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 1154
Word of Hashut - Contributor Platinum Army Medal - 6000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Platinum Best General - 2016                               
RE: Dirtbusters: Brothers in Trash (a documentary)Malorndk 10-22-2014

AAHAHAHAHAHAHA I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE A DIRTBUSTER!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Insane amount of fun where had during the making of that documentary. Great use of the danish LARP society.

Army blog - Army Showcase - Project Banners - Legendary Battle
10-22-2014 06:08 PM
TheHoodedMan
The Black Scourge

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 365
Golden Hat - Bronze x3 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Dark Apostle - Bronze Best General - 2015 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best General - 2017                               
RE: Dirtbusters: Brothers in Trash (a documentary)TheHoodedMan 10-24-2014

Finally managed to watch that clip.
That made my evening cheersCheers!Cheers!.

10-24-2014 05:33 PM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Soundtrack for documentary series Rome: Power and Glory Admiral 1 2,264 05-20-2014 11:43 AM
Last Post: Admiral

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites