Post Reply  Post Thread 
MeuhMeuh's dark side beards, it begins !
Author MessageMeuhMeuh's dark side beards, it begins !
MeuhMeuuh
Slave

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 4

MeuhMeuh's dark side beards, it begins !MeuhMeuuh 12-01-2014

Hey guys !

As I somewhat explained in the presentation post, I'm on my way to start a chaos dwarf army. I am still debating on wich model I will use (Forgeworld are out of the question because as a student, I just can't afford them).

I am already a dwarf player, so I still have some unpainted models wich will be a good start.
I have an order of 20 Avatar of war slayers, and 20GW Ironbreakers coming, and I plan to convert the Ironbreakers in chaos dwarves to start my army Happy

Here is the only model painted so far, it was a tryout to find the colours of the army, and I'm pleased with the result (it lacks the last touch of painting I've done, mostly including yellow in the lava and fire). I plan tu use some cork to modelize the rocks around the lava of the base.

Daemonsmith (fire lore)

"Who the f. are you?"
"I'm the guy who does his job. You must be the other guy"
12-01-2014 03:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TheHoodedMan
The Black Scourge

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 366
Golden Hat - Bronze x3 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Dark Apostle - Bronze Best General - 2015 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best General - 2017                               
RE: MeuhMeuh's dark side beards, it begins !TheHoodedMan 12-01-2014

Nice start. Interesting approach to use the vanilla dwarfs. I like the colors.
Do you unbase him when doing the rocks? I recommend completing the structure of the base before putting the model.
Looking forward to further additions to your force
Takes Hat off

12-01-2014 04:39 AM
Yodrin
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 296
Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Attitude - 2013 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS                               
RE: MeuhMeuh's dark side beards, it begins !Yodrin 12-01-2014

A very nice start indeed, he looks great. Not to sure about the base..., it seems to need some work. Maybe some stone/tuft of some sort... Lava on flat surfaces dont look that great imo

YODRIN'S P.BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=13137

Thommy H Wrote:
This thread is two years old. The kid in question is probably in prison by now.

12-01-2014 08:49 AM
MeuhMeuuh
Slave

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 4

RE: MeuhMeuh's dark side beards, it begins !MeuhMeuuh 12-01-2014

Thanks for the comments !
Yep, about the base, it's planned already to add some rocks around the lava flow. I just don't what I need yet ! Happy

"Who the f. are you?"
"I'm the guy who does his job. You must be the other guy"
12-01-2014 10:21 AM
TheHoodedMan
The Black Scourge

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 366
Golden Hat - Bronze x3 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Dark Apostle - Bronze Best General - 2015 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best General - 2017                               
RE: MeuhMeuh's dark side beards, it begins !TheHoodedMan 12-01-2014

Most important thing is that YOU are satisfied with your bases.
A sufficient base will however significantly enhance the look of the model. The dwarf will look level with the lava if you just put rocks around the painted lava ("sunken feet syndrom"). That`s easy to fix at the moment with one model but no so easy when 40 warriors are based ;-).
If you take a look at some army blogs you`ll find a lot of inspiration.

12-01-2014 11:06 AM
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 834
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: MeuhMeuh's dark side beards, it begins !Bloodbeard 12-02-2014

Nice choice of colours. I like the cloth on his back and his hammer. He doesn't look much like chaos dwarf to me - but more like a dwarf fallen to the dark side. I like that look.

For my lava bases I just used sand on the base. This creates enough height that the lava doesn't look flat anymore. And it won't make the models look sunken into  the dirt either. Easy, fast and cheap. You can check it out in my blog (see signiature for link).

How have you made the flames? Green stuff? If o, try getting the top sharper next time. When the above was cured completely, you could ad poits in a second go.

Looking forward to seeing iron braker CDs - not too many around yet. And slayers!

12-02-2014 01:02 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  colrud1 The army begins colrud1 11 2,692 04-08-2016 06:40 PM
Last Post: Abecedar
  It begins.... Saxon 18 10,146 12-10-2011 09:13 PM
Last Post: khedyarl

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites