Forgeworld bale taurus removed
Author MessageForgeworld bale taurus removed
Rmac1990
Slave

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 4

Forgeworld bale taurus removedRmac1990 12-15-2014

Again, apologies if this is mentioned elsewhere.

But noticed this morning the bale Taurus has been removed from forgeworld's site, been keeping an eye on things to buy after new year!.

12-15-2014 10:41 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Skink
Slann Mage Priest

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 675
Golden Hat - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Forgeworld bale taurus removedSkink 12-15-2014

Good riddance. I mean don't get me wrong, I'm sad to see a Chaos Dwarf piece going OOP, but quite frankly I'm not going to miss it. The model was pretty much poorly designed from a gaming perspective. That flimsy plastic rod? Wasn't going to last more than three games (max).

And why the hell hadn't it got a rider???? I mean, you have a Taurus WITH A SADDLE but no rider (plus no options to buy one separately), for a list that DOESN'T ALLOW you to field just the bull as a monster. I think I've seen the model on this forum once (maybe twice) since its release.

Get Drazoath, it has more details and can actually be fielded as a Prophet on Taurus.

"Hashut! Vorgrund! Zharr Naggrund!!" A Chaos Dwarf's battlecry.

-Chaos Dwarf Spaghetti- My Dawi Zharr blog. Comes with tomato sauce!

This post was last modified: 12-15-2014 11:24 AM by Skink.

12-15-2014 10:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 380
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: Forgeworld bale taurus removedAdmiral 12-15-2014

That's true, Skink. I just hope this redundant miniature removal doesn't herald the demise of the range.

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXIX - Deadline 27th of January ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Chaos Dwarf Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.
12-15-2014 11:10 AM
Skink
Slann Mage Priest

Golden Hat - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               

Admiral Wrote:
That's true, Skink. I just hope this redundant miniature removal doesn't herald the demise of the range.

Nuh, I won't say so... Look at the replies Forgeworld is sending us. They say they are discontinuing products that didn't sell well, which obviously was the Bale Taurus' case. I really can't see them getting rid of Infernal Guards, UNLESS we will indeed be squatted in the End Times.

This post was last modified: 12-15-2014 11:26 AM by Skink.

12-15-2014 11:23 AM
TheHoodedMan
The Black Scourge

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 302
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Dark Apostle - Bronze Best General - 2015 Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Forgeworld bale taurus removedTheHoodedMan 12-15-2014

Skink Wrote:

Admiral Wrote:

Nuh, I won't say so... Look at the replies Forgeworld is sending us. They say they are discontinuing products that didn't sell well, which obviously was the Bale Taurus' case. I really can't see them getting rid of Infernal Guards, UNLESS we will indeed be squatted in the End Times.

Agreed.

Please vote on the community awards 2016:
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=16881

The Prophets` bodyguard - Army blog
12-15-2014 11:29 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: Forgeworld bale taurus removedAdmiral 12-15-2014

But how about the Skullcracker? Some non-redundant part of the range could disappear if it doesn't sell well enough. Nothing strange about that, really, but it could mean that it's best to buy what you want as soon as possible if it isn't a well-known big seller. Happy

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXIX - Deadline 27th of January ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Chaos Dwarf Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.
12-15-2014 11:51 AM
Skink
Slann Mage Priest

Admiral Wrote:
But how about the Skullcracker? Some non-redundant part of the range could disappear if it doesn't sell well enough. Nothing strange about that, really, but it could mean that it's best to buy what you want as soon as possible if it isn't a well-known big seller. Happy

Well, if we reason following the mentality of the allmighty dollar then... The Skullcracker is going to see extinction as well. But again, are you going to miss it? It's abismally bad (gaming wise), and you can easily convert one out of a regular Iron Daemon kit (look at BABIS' blog).

This post was last modified: 12-15-2014 05:38 PM by Skink.

12-15-2014 05:36 PM
Doombeard
Unregistered

RE: Forgeworld bale taurus removedDoombeard 12-15-2014

Last time I was on there about a day ago Drazoath was marked out of stock. Now he seems to be back in stock. The Skullcracker is again marked out of stock.

12-15-2014 09:32 PM
Quote this message in a reply
BABIS
Great Taurus

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 248
Golden Hat - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: Forgeworld bale taurus removedBABIS 12-16-2014

Doombeard Wrote:
Last time I was on there about a day ago Drazoath was marked out of stock. Now he seems to be back in stock. The Skullcracker is again marked out of stock.

what a mess!

BABIS CHAOS DWARFS BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=12173

Bloodbeard Wrote:
With all that heavy firepower, you'll be able to take on the Old Ones when they return in their silver ships.

12-16-2014 04:51 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: Forgeworld bale taurus removedAdmiral 12-16-2014

Skink Wrote:

Admiral Wrote:

Well, if we reason following the mentality of the allmighty dollar then... The Skullcracker is going to see extinction as well. But again, are you going to miss it? It's abismally bad (gaming wise), and you can easily convert one out of a regular Iron Daemon kit (look at BABIS' blog).

But I don't care about rules. I want it because it is cool and fun in a Donald Duck way. Big Grin So, yes, I will miss it.

This post was last modified: 12-16-2014 05:01 AM by Admiral.

12-16-2014 05:01 AM
TheHoodedMan
The Black Scourge

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 302
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Dark Apostle - Bronze Best General - 2015 Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Forgeworld bale taurus removedTheHoodedMan 12-16-2014

I don`t think the skullcracker will necessarily be canceled. It doesn`t count if it is bad ruleswise but if it sells. And it seems to me people buy it :-).

Please vote on the community awards 2016:
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=16881

The Prophets` bodyguard - Army blog
12-16-2014 05:09 AM
Skink
Slann Mage Priest

RE: Forgeworld bale taurus removedSkink 12-16-2014

TheHoodedMan Wrote:
I don`t think the skullcracker will necessarily be canceled. It doesn`t count if it is bad ruleswise but if it sells. And it seems to me people buy it :-).

Agreed Happy

12-16-2014 05:26 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: Forgeworld bale taurus removedAdmiral 12-16-2014

That's a relief. Happy

12-16-2014 05:34 AM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Drazhoath from old Bale Taurus and rider? Lord Elpus 2 758 10-17-2015 02:29 PM
Last Post: Lord Elpus
  Bale Taurus - rider? Honeym123 6 1,392 07-05-2014 04:21 PM
Last Post: Yodrin
  Bale Taurus Save? delivern 4 1,524 10-18-2013 04:22 AM
Last Post: Bloodbeard
  Chaos Dwarf Bloodbowl miniatures removed from Games Workshop's website Admiral 13 4,641 08-06-2013 03:08 AM
Last Post: Bloodbeard
  Bale Taurus size Yawarakaimatsuka 3 1,231 02-05-2013 07:36 AM
Last Post: Da Crusha

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites