Author MessageThe_Penguin's "Chaos" Dwarfs
The_Penguin
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 140

Smile  The_Penguin's "Chaos" DwarfsThe_Penguin 01-10-2015

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) Takes Hat off

As promissed in my introduction thread message, I present for your judgement my CD models. I will be uploading my other miniatures in this thread, so hopefully you will be interested to return and see more.

So the first bunch:

I hope you enoyed this part. Any comments, please? ) Cheers!

"But we, your brethren, scorned the Ancestor gods, and mocked your foolish rune rituals, and preferred instead our bull god Hashut. Who can blame us if it were you and your gods who left us?"
01-10-2015 06:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 830
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: The_Penguin's "Chaos" DwarfsBloodbeard 01-10-2015

Beautiful miniatures. Would love for the actual pictures to be a bit bigger? Great details. There' no doubt these guys are villains, but they don't reek of chaos.

What model is the prophet? And how have you made that beautiful bighat on your blunderbuss dude? Amaing details on the hat.

2017 Image Salvage

This post was last modified: 08-07-2017 12:27 PM by Admiral.

01-10-2015 07:06 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The_Penguin
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

RE: The_Penguin's "Chaos" DwarfsThe_Penguin 01-10-2015

Thank you very much for your kind words. ) Big Grin

The Priest is the Runesmith (the new model) with a sculptured hat, shoulderpads (could've turned out better, alas) and beard.

As for the hat on the blunderbuss gunner, that is a modified decoration that I bought in a knitting store. Not sure, frankly speaking, what it is supposed to be. Too small for a thimble. Perhaps something for the hand-made bijouterie..... Unsure

Good day, ladies and gentlemen. ) Takes Hat off

"But we, your brethren, scorned the Ancestor gods, and mocked your foolish rune rituals, and preferred instead our bull god Hashut. Who can blame us if it were you and your gods who left us?"
01-10-2015 07:21 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 684
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016                               
RE: The_Penguin's "Chaos" DwarfsAdmiral 01-10-2015

Very nice conversions and solid paintjobs! They're beautiful and detailed. Nice eye to background, too. That slave trader with his slave is particularly endearing, since it shows the "civilian" workings of Chaos Dwarf society in a way not seen too often amidst tabletop armies. That's just the kind of thing I've tried to capture in the CD fluff project running in the background section (links in my signature, see also MadHatter's dictionary).

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXVIII - Deadline 9th of November ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Chaos Dwarf Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.

This post was last modified: 01-10-2015 07:27 AM by Admiral.

01-10-2015 07:25 AM
The_Penguin
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Thank you very much. ) Happy

Actually, I am not much of a player, really. I am much more fascinated by convesions and painting. I also find it interesting to design small vignette-like scenery for the models. )

So most likely I won't be showing huge regiments or painted amies here, but mostly civillian life figures. And as you can see, my dwarfs are not very "chaosified": they lack the usual attributes, and I do not see my hold as a blood-thirsty chaotic madmen, but rather a highly-civilized, progressive (in theit understanding Happy) society.

01-10-2015 07:34 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016                               
RE: The_Penguin's "Chaos" DwarfsAdmiral 01-10-2015

Well, then you've certainly found a niche for yourself to master like none other have done before. I look forward to further updates. This is a bit like a miniature variant of the CD culture fluff project. Happy

You'll be able to easily form dioramas for your models in the future. Build scenery/architecture like a temple, a marketplace or a workshop, and pop the finished minis in there, should you wish to.

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXVIII - Deadline 9th of November ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Chaos Dwarf Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.

This post was last modified: 01-10-2015 09:01 AM by Admiral.

01-10-2015 09:00 AM
MadHatter
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 237
Scribe's Contest Silver Best General - 2014 Scribe's Contest Bronze                               
RE: The_Penguin's "Chaos" DwarfsMadHatter 01-10-2015

Great work! Looking forward to see more cultural stuff! Theres a great stories section of the forum should you ever lack inspiration Happy

May your hat be tall and your beard ever coiled.
MadHatter's 90's Big Hats Blog!
01-10-2015 11:26 AM
Yodrin
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 296
Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Attitude - 2013 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS                               
RE: The_Penguin's "Chaos" DwarfsYodrin 01-10-2015

Those look awesome!!! Great conversion and a very nice paint job, LF to seeing more!

YODRIN'S P.BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=13137

Thommy H Wrote:
This thread is two years old. The kid in question is probably in prison by now.

01-10-2015 11:31 AM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1159
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: The_Penguin's "Chaos" DwarfsZanko 01-10-2015

I really like the Priest and especially the Slave Trader! Takes Hat off

Awesome models! Cheers!

Like mentioned before ... some bigger pics would be great! Wink

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

01-10-2015 02:24 PM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 423
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: The_Penguin's "Chaos" DwarfsXander 01-10-2015

Nice stuff. Happy

Welcome to CDO!

Follow CDO on Twitter: Twitter
01-10-2015 03:08 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The_Penguin
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Admiral Wrote:
Well, then you've certainly found a niche for yourself to master like none other have done before. I look forward to further updates. This is a bit like a miniature variant of the CD culture fluff project. Happy

Your work is a great source of inspiration! I really admire your passion for CD backstory and I'll be sure to keep reading. Wink

MadHatter Wrote:
Great work! Looking forward to see more cultural stuff! Theres a great stories section of the forum should you ever lack inspiration Happy

Thank you very much. Indeed it is: I'm looking forward to reading those. That might give me some ideas for future miniatures. Happy

Yodrin Wrote:
Those look awesome!!! Great conversion and a very nice paint job, LF to seeing more!

Thank you very much! Cheers!

Zanko Wrote:
I really like the Priest and especially the Slave Trader! Takes Hat off

Awesome models! Cheers!

Like mentioned before ... some bigger pics would be great! Wink

You are most kind! I'll make sure that I take a bigger and better pics of the minifigs in future posts. Big Grin

Xander Wrote:
Nice stuff. Happy

Welcome to CDO!

Thank you! And I am most grateful to you for your help with my registration! Cheers!

01-10-2015 04:16 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 12
Slaves: 1385
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: The_Penguin's "Chaos" DwarfsAbecedar 01-11-2015

Very nice thematic start. I'm sure I will enjoy them as they come along

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
01-11-2015 05:35 AM
tjub
Hat or Die!

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1296
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver x2 Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration                               
RE: The_Penguin's "Chaos" Dwarfstjub 01-11-2015

Looks ace! Big Grin

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:
"And then children, Tjub spent 78 pages perfecting his fireborn. For such is the struggle of a CD player with a thematic army."

01-11-2015 05:47 AM
The_Penguin
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

RE: The_Penguin's "Chaos" DwarfsThe_Penguin 01-11-2015

And another bunch which I would like to share with you. I am not sure that the next part after this one will be that soon, since Christmas and New Year holidays in Russia are over and I am rather busy at work, but I'll try not to wait too long before posting it. Happy

Also, if you have any ideas or requests about future miniatures, please, do not hesitate o share them with me. )

I hope you enoyed this part. Any comments, please? ) Takes Hat off

01-11-2015 12:54 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: The_Penguin's "Chaos" DwarfsAdmiral 01-11-2015

Haha, brilliant! I'm a fan of CD elite guard units, and your Golden Guard is obviously not your ordinary levy. Nice take on the eight-pointed Chaos star by using the Babylonian image. The chefs with bull cake are as hilarious as they are awesome. The cake looks tasty, and it also looks like some form of ancient idol of some primitive style, which is perfect! Great statue as well, I'm honoured you liked the story so much. Now you've taught us some Babylonian spelling. Will there be more of that in future models? Happy

All around, it's simply brilliant stuff. Takes Hat off

This post was last modified: 01-11-2015 02:42 PM by Admiral.

01-11-2015 02:38 PM
Yodrin
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 296
Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Attitude - 2013 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS                               
RE: The_Penguin's "Chaos" DwarfsYodrin 01-11-2015

Very very nice minis and a great colors and paint job. The detail on the gw axe is sweet!

YODRIN'S P.BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=13137

Thommy H Wrote:
This thread is two years old. The kid in question is probably in prison by now.

01-11-2015 03:04 PM
The_Penguin
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

RE: The_Penguin's "Chaos" DwarfsThe_Penguin 01-12-2015

Admiral Wrote:
Haha, brilliant! I'm a fan of CD elite guard units, and your Golden Guard is obviously not your ordinary levy. Nice take on the eight-pointed Chaos star by using the Babylonian image. The chefs with bull cake are as hilarious as they are awesome. The cake looks tasty, and it also looks like some form of ancient idol of some primitive style, which is perfect! Great statue as well, I'm honoured you liked the story so much. Now you've taught us some Babylonian spelling. Will there be more of that in future models? Happy

All around, it's simply brilliant stuff. Takes Hat off

Thank you very much! You're too kind. And I should thank you for such amazing stories that you post here. It is most inspirational! ) Happy

Well, currently I am (slowly, though) working on a vignette for my CD models, and there is definitely going to be pretty much of babylonian texts. Wink

Yodrin Wrote:
Very very nice minis and a great colors and paint job. The detail on the gw axe is sweet!

Thank you very much! To be frank my painting skills are a bit rusty, since I emerged from my s.c. "dark ages" not that long ago. I think that my older miniatures are better painted, but I guess, I'll get in shape. Unsure

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) Takes Hat off

01-12-2015 04:01 AM
BABIS
Great Taurus

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 247
Golden Hat - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: The_Penguin's "Chaos" DwarfsBABIS 01-12-2015

hahaha I really like the bull cake Wink

BABIS CHAOS DWARFS BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=12173

Bloodbeard Wrote:
With all that heavy firepower, you'll be able to take on the Old Ones when they return in their silver ships.

01-12-2015 06:47 AM
Fuggit Khan
Da Khan of Khans

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 470
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015                               
RE: The_Penguin's "Chaos" DwarfsFuggit Khan 01-12-2015

Absolutely wonderful!
Everything is very cool and creative...my favorite is the Bull Cake with Big Chef Hat cooks Takes Hat off

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
01-12-2015 12:41 PM
Forgefire
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Slaves: 398
Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Scribe's Contest Bronze                               
RE: The_Penguin's "Chaos" DwarfsForgefire 01-12-2015

Looking great. Looking forward to more Happy The priest is my favorite so far.

01-12-2015 01:34 PM
Pages (3): « First [1] 2 3 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites