Post Reply  Post Thread 
The War Boar and the Bale Taurus, by Uhr-Kulmbizharr
Author MessageThe War Boar and the Bale Taurus, by Uhr-Kulmbizharr
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 96
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
The War Boar and the Bale Taurus, by Uhr-KulmbizharrAdmiral 01-12-2015

The War Boar and the Bale Taurus, by Uhr-Kulmbizharr

Once upon a time, there was a strong Bale Taurus with a harem of cows and rich hunting grounds to roam. His rivals did he beat in battle, his enemies did he slay. One day, the fiery bull met a giant War Boar who towered over the rest of his kin.

"We are much alike, you and I," said the War Boar.

"Alike? There is nothing alike between you and me, hog!" snorted the Bale Taurus.

"Oh yes, there is. Our lives are both filled with success, food and females. We lord it over our kinsfolk, and our rivals tremble before our might," replied the War Boar.

"Filthy swine! You are as a maggot unto me, for my strength is greater and my body is larger," said the Bale Taurus.

"Yet we are both first and best amongst our own kind," remarked the War Boar.

"No! I exhale fire and rule the skies whereas you exhale farts and grouts the mud," said the Bale Taurus.

"Yet my strength and hardiness is prized by the strongest of Orcs, who vie to ride upon me into battle," replied the War Boar.

"Insolent piglet! The lords of the earth ride upon my back whilst the masses holds me sacred for my divine strength and virility," growled the Bale Taurus.

"You brag about virility, yet your offspring are born one or two at a time. My litters could drown the lands by their number," said the War Boar.

At this, the Bale Taurus could not retort well, for it was true. He had been bested by words.

"Then they will drown in your blood!" roared the Bale Taurus, and impaled the War Boar with a thunderous charge, for such is the fate of the weaker creature who would seek to best the stronger with his tounge.

- The War Boar and the Bale Taurus, by Daemonsmith Uhr-Kulmbizharr the Blind, the renowned Chaos Dwarf author of fable stories during the foundation of Zharr-Naggrund*

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXX - Voting Deadline 18th of July ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.
01-12-2015 03:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: The War Boar and the Bale Taurus, by Uhr-KulmbizharrAdmiral 01-12-2015

Yeah, fables are by their very nature an oddball genre. I've waited long with attempting them, and don't have high expectations. But what the heck, there's not much to lose by testing the waters. Happy

I'll return to more normal stories a bit later on. Anyhow, this fable was inspired by one of Ovid's works.

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXX - Voting Deadline 18th of July ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.

This post was last modified: 01-12-2015 04:52 PM by Admiral.

01-12-2015 04:48 PM
cornixt
Brewer of Daemonic Beer

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 1311
Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Attitude - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: The War Boar and the Bale Taurus, by Uhr-Kulmbizharrcornixt 01-12-2015

I think it is funny in that way it turns the usual ending of a tricksy tale into just plain bloodshed. Quite suitable for CDs.

There's a lot more in the wiki than you think, check out the wiki contents

Like a Great Taurus in a Cathay shop.

"No Mr Bond, I expect you to k'daii."
01-12-2015 05:18 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: The War Boar and the Bale Taurus, by Uhr-KulmbizharrAdmiral 01-12-2015

Haha, true. Happy

Frankly, I'm too simple to get tricksy tales. So there's a tricksy sequence and then often a rush to carnage in not a few of the stories I write (CD or not).

01-12-2015 05:35 PM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites