Post Reply  Post Thread 
The Nehekharan and the Arcane Engineer, by Uhr-Kulmbizharr
Author MessageThe Nehekharan and the Arcane Engineer, by Uhr-Kulmbizharr
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 96
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
The Nehekharan and the Arcane Engineer, by Uhr-KulmbizharrAdmiral 01-14-2015

The Nehekharan and the Arcane Engineer, by Uhr-Kulmbizharr

Once upon a time, there was an ingenious Arcane Engineer who was famed for his inventions. Amongst his many slaves there was a Manling from Nehekhara of the pyramids, who dared neither slack nor complain. One day, the Arcane Engineer had built a new kind of furnace, and he needed an untiring labourer. He chose the Nehekharan.

"This furnace must be fed with fuel all the time until I command to halt. You must sate its raging hunger, slave," commanded the Arcane Engineer.

The Nehekharan worked hard and toiled fast for long hours to shovel coal into the furnace, yet he could not keep pace with the fire. Eventually, all the coal in the furnace had burnt up, yet still the signal to stop fuel had not been given. The Arcane Engineer was furious and grabbed ahold of the tired slave.

"Why is the furnace cooling when it should be heating?" asked the Arcane Engineer.

"I must eat and sleep sometime," replied the Nehekharan.

"No, you must not! You have failed because you have been lazy! You must work day and night until your heart breaks from exhaustion," barked the Arcane Engineer.

"But I cannot feed it enough coal!" protested the Nehekharan.

"Then we'll feed you to the furnace," growled the Arcane Engineer, and threw the slave into the flames. For such is the fate of those who would not give their all when their master demands it.

- The Nehekharan and the Arcane Engineer, by Daemonsmith Uhr-Kulmbizharr the Blind, the renowned Chaos Dwarf author of fable stories during the foundation of Zharr-Naggrund*

* This ruthless work ethic, for slaves in particular, is a fundamental part of the Dawi Zharr empire. In addition, note how memories of ancient empires may survive within Chaos Dwarf oral culture, long after their might have turned into dust and death have claimed them. In ancient times, Nehekharans fetched one of the highest prices of any Human tribes on Chaos Dwarf slave markets, since their people's labour on titanic monuments in the homeland made them industrious like few other Manlings.

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXX - Voting Deadline 18th of July ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.

This post was last modified: 01-14-2015 05:40 PM by Admiral.

01-14-2015 03:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mivrash Faz
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 54

RE: The Nehekharan and the Arcane Engineer, by Uhr-KulmbizharrMivrash Faz 01-14-2015

I like that Admiral. You convey the evil and ruthlessness of Dawi Zharr society well. Cheers!

01-14-2015 03:27 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 96
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: The Nehekharan and the Arcane Engineer, by Uhr-KulmbizharrAdmiral 01-14-2015

Thanks a lot, Mivrash Faz! Takes Hat off

Footnote updated.

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXX - Voting Deadline 18th of July ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.
01-14-2015 05:41 PM
Dînadan
Sardonic Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 51
Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: The Nehekharan and the Arcane Engineer, by Uhr-KulmbizharrDînadan 01-14-2015

I'm kinda disappointed the Nehekharan didn't throw himself in, representing his familiarity with harsh salvemasters.

For the Glory of Uzkulak! My Chaos Dwarf blog.

01-14-2015 05:50 PM
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 619
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: The Nehekharan and the Arcane Engineer, by Uhr-KulmbizharrFuggit Khan 01-14-2015

I'm really enjoying these short proverbs of yours Admiral. In addition to being fun reads, they also add quite a bit of background fluff to the way that Chaos Dwarfs see their world around them.
A short and simple proverb such as this gives quite a bit of insight to the day to day life within Zharr Naggund: furnaces of engineers, the short and miserable life of slaves, the 'true value' that a slave holds in the eye of a Chaos Dwarf and the ruthless and single-minded purpose of a Dawi Zharr.
Great stuff!  Cheers!

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
01-14-2015 05:55 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1473
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2                               
RE: The Nehekharan and the Arcane Engineer, by Uhr-KulmbizharrAbecedar 01-14-2015

I did like this one also.
But as I'm having issues with my work management at present I can see the fault with the the daemonsmiths management in not providing adequate resources

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
01-14-2015 10:56 PM
MadHatter
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 237
Scribe's Contest Silver Best General - 2014 Scribe's Contest Bronze                               
RE: The Nehekharan and the Arcane Engineer, by Uhr-KulmbizharrMadHatter 01-14-2015

A good read, thanks Admiral Happy

May your hat be tall and your beard ever coiled.
MadHatter's 90's Big Hats Blog!
01-14-2015 11:20 PM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites