Post Reply  Post Thread 
The Sculptor and the Stone Golem, by Uhr-Kulmbizharr
Author MessageThe Sculptor and the Stone Golem, by Uhr-Kulmbizharr
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 96
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
The Sculptor and the Stone Golem, by Uhr-KulmbizharrAdmiral 01-17-2015

The Sculptor and the Stone Golem, by Uhr-Kulmbizharr

Once upon a time, there was a careless sculptor working on a collection of statues for a triumphal monument. He worked at high speed, just as his Sorcerer-Prophet client demanded, but unbeknownst to the sculptor, his master had cursed the stone of the statues to punish any faulty work. One day, the sculptor had finished with a statue and inspected it.

"I call it a decent piece of work for an honest craftsman," the sculptor declared to himself.

"There are cracks and chinks. The symmetry is off, and the details are coarse. You have failed with its face and its beard is flat," said a voice from somewhere.

"No matter, the statue is high up and won't be seen too closely. Wait, who talked?" asked the sculptor.

"I, the statue. And I will bury you alive for the disrespect you have shown towards your own work. Towards me!" replied the stone golem, and grasped the sculptor with one giant stone fist.

"No, not me! I had poor chisels and hammers, I couldn't do better with them," protested the sculptor.

"Then I will bury your tools," said the stone golem, and shoved them down the sculptor's throat until he burst. For such is the fate of those who would dishonour their craft and be careless in their work.

- The Sculptor and the Stone Golem, by Daemonsmith Uhr-Kulmbizharr the Blind, the renowned Chaos Dwarf author of fable stories during the foundation of Zharr-Naggrund*

* Bizarelly enough, this story describes an actual standard of quality control used by some members of the priesthood of Hashut. The procedure is usually to curse, or make Daemons possess, one or a few of the large number of statues ordered from sculptors. Whatever the workings of the sorceries, the statues will come alive and slay their creators should the work be unacceptable. Depending on the arcane spells involved, these stone golems may then lose their life, or return to slumber as guardians, or even be used as weapons of war by the Dawi Zharr.

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXX - Voting Deadline 18th of July ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.

This post was last modified: 01-17-2015 07:40 AM by Admiral.

01-17-2015 07:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mivrash Faz
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 54

RE: The Sculptor and the Stone Golem, by Uhr-KulmbizharrMivrash Faz 01-17-2015

Another great story Admiral. I hope you eventually compile these short fables into a single document. You are becoming the Dawi Zharr Hans Christian Anderson. Maybe Hashut Christian Anderson would be more appropriate?
Wink

01-17-2015 10:55 AM
Dînadan
Sardonic Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 51
Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: The Sculptor and the Stone Golem, by Uhr-KulmbizharrDînadan 01-17-2015

Nice work, although I think the footnote misses a trick - in addition to priesthood clients cursing statues to exact punishment on shoddy craftsmen (craftsdwarfs?), I can see a mundane punishment by non-magic users/non-rich being to force feed an artisan who slacks off his own tools Wink

For the Glory of Uzkulak! My Chaos Dwarf blog.

01-17-2015 12:15 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 96
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: The Sculptor and the Stone Golem, by Uhr-KulmbizharrAdmiral 01-18-2015

@Mivrash Faz: Thanks! I'll wait a long while before compiling all CD culture stuff into a single tome with nifty layout and illustrations, because there is much more to come, not least from Scribe's Contest. Happy

@Dînadan: Haha, that's a neat punishment. Big Grin

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXX - Voting Deadline 18th of July ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.
01-18-2015 07:59 AM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Wheel and the Cut Stone, by Uhr-Kulmbizharr Admiral 2 1,003 01-28-2015 08:44 PM
Last Post: MadHatter

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites