Post Reply  Post Thread 
1 Votes - 5 Average   The Shipwrecked Sailors, by Uhr-Kulmbizharr
Author MessageThe Shipwrecked Sailors, by Uhr-Kulmbizharr
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 98
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
The Shipwrecked Sailors, by Uhr-KulmbizharrAdmiral 01-22-2015

The Shipwrecked Sailors, by Uhr-Kulmbizharr

Once upon a time, there was a lonely island in the middle of the sea where shipwrecked sailors used to wash up. One day, a Chaos Dwarf and a Dark Elf were washed up on its beach. Both were unconscious and bloodied, yet the Chaos Dwarf was the first to wake up. He grabbed a sharp stone and bowed over the Dark Elf, stone raised to crush his enemy's head. At that moment the Dark Elf awoke.

"Please, spare my life! The flesh of my feeble frame won't sate your hunger. This island is large enough for the two of us. Here we can both forget our strife," pleaded the Dark Elf.

"Very well, you may live," said the Chaos Dwarf, and let the Dark Elf escape.

They both toiled to survive on the hostile island, yet one night the Chaos Dwarf awoke and stared at the fire-hardened sharp end of a wooden spear. It was held by the Dark Elf, and it was but an inch away from the Chaos Dwarf's eye.

"May Daemons eat your soul!" cursed the Chaos Dwarf, for he knew he was about to die.

"Do not curse me. The blame is not mine. It was not I who spared the life of your bane. Curse yourself for your weakness," said the Dark Elf, and speared the Chaos Dwarf to death during the dark of night. For such is the fate of the merciful.

- The Shipwrecked Sailors, by Daemonsmith Uhr-Kulmbizharr the Blind, the renowned Chaos Dwarf author of fable stories during the foundation of Zharr-Naggrund*

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXVI - Deadline 19th of January ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.

This post was last modified: 01-22-2015 08:04 PM by Admiral.

01-22-2015 06:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Slaves: 601
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: The Shipwrecked Sailors, by Uhr-KulmbizharrFuggit Khan 01-22-2015

Another good read...your vision of the Warhammer world is strikingly wicked and ironic. Which I love <3
Don't trust an elf!

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
01-22-2015 06:51 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1560
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2 Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: The Shipwrecked Sailors, by Uhr-KulmbizharrAbecedar 01-22-2015

Another great one.

The mistake is letting the potential slave go free.  Fool of a Dawi Zharr

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
01-22-2015 07:01 PM
MadHatter
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 237
Scribe's Contest Silver Best General - 2014 Scribe's Contest Bronze                               
RE: The Shipwrecked Sailors, by Uhr-KulmbizharrMadHatter 01-22-2015

Abecedar Wrote:
Another great one.

The mistake is letting the potential slave go free.  Fool of a Dawi Zharr

My thought exactly.

Hah and add to that sparing an Elf. He had it coming.

Great work Admiral!

May your hat be tall and your beard ever coiled.
MadHatter's 90's Big Hats Blog!
01-22-2015 08:22 PM
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 833
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: The Shipwrecked Sailors, by Uhr-KulmbizharrBloodbeard 01-23-2015

Herby Wrote:
I thought about for a while. My thought about it is - "Would the Chaos Dwarf really spare the life of the Elf?"  - Probably not I guess. He would rather kill and eat him.

No he wouldn't spare him and yes he would eat him - that's the point.

All these nice texts (except the Lamassu and Fox...)  are great sagas not set in time. They are pre-historic tales.

So when some annoying little zharrling keeps asking "why?" and doesn't accept "that's how the world is and has always been". Then a story like this is told.

Same thing with all those Eskimo and Indian sagas and stories. The world and life is what it is and can't be changed - and the stories can tell us why.

I love theses pieces Admiral. Real great.

01-23-2015 06:31 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: The Shipwrecked Sailors, by Uhr-KulmbizharrAdmiral 01-23-2015

Thank you very much folks! Cheers!

@Bloodbeard: I don't really get why the Lammasu and Fox fable would be notably different from any of the others. I'm just as content with it as the rest, especially since it has got that mix of subtlety and brutality in its point that probably is characteristic of my writings. Oh well, you can't please everyone with everything. Happy

@Herby: Yep, that's the plan. There will be many more stories, myths, fables, songs, religious nonsense, monument inscriptions and the like to come. The plan is to let Scribe's Contest run its course over several years, to amass a true wealth of material, and then compile it in a PDF document with nifty layout and lots of illustrations (if enough artist-people can contribute with something).

However, that is several years into the future, and I know Bloodbeard asked for a compilation already half a year ago. My patience can last for decades if need be, but do you want smaller compilations along the way, just to have it printed and ready to read in the sofa?

In that case I could more or less copy-paste my Chaos Dwarf fluff document, some background tidbits from the forum, organize it a little and "release" an as-of-now collection of fables etc.

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.

This post was last modified: 01-23-2015 11:56 AM by Admiral.

01-23-2015 11:55 AM
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 833
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: The Shipwrecked Sailors, by Uhr-KulmbizharrBloodbeard 01-23-2015

@Admiral: I have it in my head - the explanation to the difference. I also have a plan (means work for you). ... just havn't gotten around to writing it yet.

01-23-2015 12:00 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Beloss
Hobgoblin

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 57

RE: The Shipwrecked Sailors, by Uhr-KulmbizharrBeloss 11-25-2015

I would imagine that Chaos Dwarfs have a special sort of rivalry with the Dark Elves, being told of a kinsman being bested in this manner was probably written to be especially vexing to the listener. This moral must be one of the most important for the Dawi Zharr or else it would have simply been a tale of getting killed by slaves instead of actual rivals.

11-25-2015 12:38 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: The Shipwrecked Sailors, by Uhr-KulmbizharrAdmiral 11-27-2015

Indeed! You nailed it, Beloss.

11-27-2015 04:52 PM
AtomTaylor
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 189
Hellsmith - Silver                               
RE: The Shipwrecked Sailors, by Uhr-KulmbizharrAtomTaylor 11-28-2015

Nicely penned. I enjoyed it. Wink

https://www.facebook.com/OldschoolMinis
11-28-2015 08:28 AM
Forgefire
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 384
Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Scribe's Contest Bronze                               
RE: The Shipwrecked Sailors, by Uhr-KulmbizharrForgefire 11-28-2015

I second Atomtaylor. Brutal Big Grin

11-28-2015 04:32 PM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites