Post Reply  Post Thread 
The Gold and the Iron Ingot, by Uhr-Kulmbizharr
Author MessageThe Gold and the Iron Ingot, by Uhr-Kulmbizharr
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 283
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
The Gold and the Iron Ingot, by Uhr-KulmbizharrAdmiral 01-27-2015

The Gold and the Iron Ingot, by Uhr-Kulmbizharr

Once upon a time, there was a gold and an iron ingot laid close to each other. One day, the gold ingot spoke:

"You must envy me, iron," said the gold ingot.

"Why, gold?" asked the iron ingot.

"Because my shimmer and sheen is sought after by gods and mortals alike. They adorn themselves with me, they measure the value of things by me, they fight wars over me. Not only am I pretty, but my beauty is eternal. I will never rust, unlike you. You are only good enough for tools, arms and nails of the crude folk, iron," boasted the gold ingot.

"Melt me down and recast me, and the rust will be gone. But no matter how many times they melt you down, your strength will never be such that it can challenge me. In every incarnation, I may cleave and crush you at will, but you cannot do likewise against my hard body, gold," replied the iron ingot.

At this the gold ingot had no good answer to give. For the value of things lies not in their vain looks alone, but in their strength and function. Thus wealth may be measured in iron ingots and gold ingots alike.

- The Gold and the Iron Ingot, by Daemonsmith Uhr-Kulmbizharr the Blind, the renowned Chaos Dwarf author of fable stories during the foundation of Zharr-Naggrund

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXXI - Voting Deadline 22nd of November ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.

This post was last modified: 01-27-2015 03:21 PM by Admiral.

01-27-2015 12:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Slaves: 647
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: The Gold and the Iron Ingot, by Uhr-KulmbizharrFuggit Khan 01-27-2015

Excellent story! I actually faced this dilemma last night while playing Skyrim...while dungeon delving I found myself looking at a single ingot of iron sitting alongside a single ingot of gold. And I could only carry one more pound due to the burden of all the stuff I was already carrying. Iron or gold? Which one to take? I chose iron.

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
01-27-2015 03:38 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: The Gold and the Iron Ingot, by Uhr-KulmbizharrAdmiral 01-27-2015

Haha, spoken like a savage warlord! Cheers!

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.
01-27-2015 03:42 PM
GeofreyShank
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 24

RE: The Gold and the Iron Ingot, by Uhr-KulmbizharrGeofreyShank 01-27-2015

Thoroughly enjoying your fables Admiral. This is so far my favorite.

01-27-2015 09:53 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: The Gold and the Iron Ingot, by Uhr-KulmbizharrAdmiral 01-28-2015

Thanks a lot, GeofreyShank!

01-28-2015 10:24 AM
Dînadan
Sardonic Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 50
Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: The Gold and the Iron Ingot, by Uhr-KulmbizharrDînadan 01-28-2015

Nice wok Admiral - like the idea of Chaos Dwarfs using iron for currency Happy

For the Glory of Uzkulak! My Chaos Dwarf blog.

01-28-2015 11:13 AM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mold's Gold Admiral 2 1,376 05-22-2014 08:13 AM
Last Post: Admiral

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites