Author Message10.17.2016 Nani del Caos - Archers done
Loidrial
Bull Centaur Hero

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 164
Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Golden Hat - Gold                               
10.17.2016 Nani del Caos - Archers doneLoidrial 02-05-2015

So how to start a blog? I have not much of a clue.
I havent play warhammer for more than 5 years, but occasionally I painted some models here and there, I always been more a collector than a player, but now I'm trying to push both sides on the same 50%.

I'm going to apologise to you all for the bad quality of the pics, but here in Italy we are having quite a bad weather lately so there is never a proper chance to make some good pic.

This were the first dwarves ever painted for me, the Russian Alternatives one for my Blood Bowl team (never completed)

And this was the only Hob I had, using the head of the goblin fanatics and the plague skaven monk body

Keep scrolling there is the Taurus from Scibor (with the Lord head changed with one of the Russian ones)
The wings can look strange because I tried to magnetise them (kinda worked out, as same as under the hooves)

And this is my new entry

I hope I'm not posting too many pictures, in case please tell me Tongue

Cheers from Italy people Takes Hat off

2017 Image Salvage

This post was last modified: 08-10-2017 04:45 AM by Admiral.

02-05-2015 05:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 625
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Nani del Caos - From Italy with Love <3Fuggit Khan 02-05-2015

Loidrial Wrote:
So how to start a blog? I have not much of a clue.

I hope I'm not posting too many pictures, in case please tell me Tongue

How to start a blog? Exactly as you just did: With wonderful models, cool conversions and plenty of pics of wonderfully painted models. You nailed it! This is a wonderful start...and I always love to see new blogs shared here in our community.
And too many pictures? Nope! You can never have enough pictures, the more the merrier Takes Hat off
Hoping to see more from you soon Happy

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
02-05-2015 05:50 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1496
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: Nani del Caos - From Italy with Love <3Abecedar 02-05-2015

Pictures speak volumes so never enough pictures ( just between you and me I think that not every one here can read very well anyway ).
I've always loved that scibor bull but will probably never get one.
My bloodbowl team will be on normal (square) bases as football is their second job, cries of sacriledge ring out but I'm too far away to hear them.  I can't see any BB games around here in the future as we have lost our resident coach (stephen babidge) to a job move.

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
02-05-2015 06:11 PM
Loidrial
Bull Centaur Hero

RE: Nani del Caos - From Italy with Love <3Loidrial 02-05-2015

Abecedar Wrote:
Pictures speak volumes so never enough pictures ( just between you and me I think that not every one here can read very well anyway ).
I've always loved that scibor bull but will probably never get one.
My bloodbowl team will be on normal (square) bases as football is their second job, cries of sacriledge ring out but I'm too far away to hear them.  I can't see any BB games around here in the future as we have lost our resident coach (stephen babidge) to a job move.

even here there is no blood bowl, but as i said, i paint for passion, not really for play Pirate always did always will.
i was creating even a pirate orc team using the pirates from black scorpion and the troll noir from confrontation just because i like the difference and to paint.

02-05-2015 06:18 PM
Yodrin
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 296
Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Attitude - 2013 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS                               
RE: Nani del Caos - From Italy with Love <3Yodrin 02-06-2015

Looks superb, so great job. Always liked that Scibor bull, an you have painted it beautiful as well, and I really like the skin colors on your CDWink

YODRIN'S P.BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=13137

Thommy H Wrote:
This thread is two years old. The kid in question is probably in prison by now.

02-06-2015 02:47 AM
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 833
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: Nani del Caos - From Italy with Love <3Bloodbeard 02-06-2015

You do a very solid paintjob Loidrial! I think you should use those nice RA models as crew for a warmachine.

And you can never ever post to many pictures!

02-06-2015 03:35 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Loidrial
Bull Centaur Hero

RE: Nani del Caos - From Italy with Love <3Loidrial 02-06-2015

Bloodbeard Wrote:
You do a very solid paintjob Loidrial! I think you should use those nice RA models as crew for a warmachine.

And you can never ever post to many pictures!

GOD I AM SO DUMB! Why I never thought about it? from the box of 10 war+shield from RA, and I was thinking what to use for the 2 magma cannons I ordered because I dont like FW dwarves.
TA DAAAA you enlighted me.

02-06-2015 05:00 AM
TheHoodedMan
The Black Scourge

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 294
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Dark Apostle - Bronze Best General - 2015 Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Nani del Caos - From Italy with Love <3TheHoodedMan 02-06-2015

They look very good indeed, nice idea to use some as crew. Maybe I come back to this for my to-build-dreadquake as well :-).

02-06-2015 05:13 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Slaves: 511
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: Nani del Caos - From Italy with Love <3Admiral 02-08-2015

From Italy with quatlity, as well. Good paintjobs!

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXV - Voting Deadline 13th of September ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.
02-08-2015 06:40 PM
Loidrial
Bull Centaur Hero

RE: Nani del Caos - From Italy with Love <3Loidrial 02-09-2015

Small Update.

My first 5 guys.

My problem is: HOW DO I PAINT THEM?
I mean, Sure, classic red base style with gray face.
I made 1 orange beard in the start. Looked amazing, but didnt fit well with the rest of the blue one, those are not normal dwarves where you can mix what you want.

But especially, shall i paint them with the armor all the same like if it is the same one model or shall i try like a different colors on the hat and weapon for give a bit of difference in the army like what I did so far?

Im fighting with myself for decide if all the same or different small parts.

PS I still dont have marauder shields because even on ebay, the stock of 24 (that I will need in 3x) it will cost something like 15 dollars only of sending cost X__X

This post was last modified: 02-09-2015 07:29 AM by Loidrial.

02-09-2015 07:27 AM
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 833
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: [02.09.15] Nani del Caos - From Italy with Love <3Bloodbeard 02-09-2015

I like the above a lot. Nothing wrong mixing the colours between models. But I'll suggest that you stick with red, blue, yellow and make sure all three colours are somewhere on every model. Or more colours, but same principle. This will help tie the unit together, despite being different in uniform.

And then doing the same bases for them will finish it off nicely. The beards are great. But the blue beards and the grey face look very much like one in these pictures. Very similar in colour. With grey rock bases, I fear it'll look bland.

Regarding shields. I shop from Bits and Kits in the UK. Very cheap EU postage and they have monthly 33% or 50% off sales. I've gotten all my marauder / marauder horsemen / giant (has a single one) marauder shields from there. The fit well next to the RA shields.

02-09-2015 11:03 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: [02.09.15] Nani del Caos - From Italy with Love <3Fuggit Khan 02-09-2015

Loidrial Wrote:

I like the mix of classic colors you have for them so far...I agree with Bloodbeard that it's a good idea to use colors to tie the unit together. An easy way to do that is give them all the exact same shield design/color, shields are a great way to give a unit a nice common theme.

02-09-2015 03:25 PM
Loidrial
Bull Centaur Hero

RE: [02.09.15] Nani del Caos - From Italy with Love <3Loidrial 02-09-2015

Fuggit Khan Wrote:

Loidrial Wrote:

I like the mix of classic colors you have for them so far...I agree with Bloodbeard that it's a good idea to use colors to tie the unit together. An easy way to do that is give them all the exact same shield design/color, shields are a great way to give a unit a nice common theme.

A friend of mine should be able to cast for me the shields of marauder on horse, that should work for give the extra feeling.
And the shields will be ofc all the same scheme.

PS what do you think about the gray face + blue beard + black/gray rockbase? do you think too that it is too plan/empty/boring?

This post was last modified: 02-09-2015 03:30 PM by Loidrial.

02-09-2015 03:29 PM
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

RE: [02.09.15] Nani del Caos - From Italy with Love <3Fuggit Khan 02-09-2015

Loidrial Wrote:
PS what do you think about the gray face + blue beard + black/gray rockbase? do you think too that it is too plan/empty/boring?

Boring? No, I don't think so. I personally use very neutral gray tones for my bases...just my personal opinion, but I think having a plain neutral base helps to bring focus to the miniature itself. The shades of the face, beard and base should be different shades, but they can act as a nice balance to the brighter reds, golds and blues you are using. Since the front of the model is gray (faces and beards) I would suggest that you use bright colors for the shields?
The most important thing is that you like them, so experiment with a few color choices and see what you like Takes Hat off

02-09-2015 03:41 PM
Loidrial
Bull Centaur Hero

RE: [02.09.15] Nani del Caos - From Italy with Love <3Loidrial 02-09-2015

Fuggit Khan Wrote:

Loidrial Wrote:

Boring? No, I don't think so. I personally use very neutral gray tones for my bases...just my personal opinion, but I think having a plain neutral base helps to bring focus to the miniature itself. The shades of the face, beard and base should be different shades, but they can act as a nice balance to the brighter reds, golds and blues you are using. Since the front of the model is gray (faces and beards) I would suggest that you use bright colors for the shields?
The most important thing is that you like them, so experiment with a few color choices and see what you like Takes Hat off

yeah i have to understand if i like them or not.
they are obviously really different from the RA models, i tried to paint them as those in the top thread pictures but didnt turn honestly out that well.
im kinda disappointed and i have to figure out what to do now.

02-09-2015 03:49 PM
Yodrin
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 296
Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Attitude - 2013 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS                               
RE: [02.09.15] Nani del Caos - From Italy with Love <3Yodrin 02-09-2015

The models themselves are monotonic, so i think painting them like above fits good i think. Makes the unite more "alive". Like the colors you are using and the paint job is really good, great job!!

YODRIN'S P.BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=13137

Thommy H Wrote:
This thread is two years old. The kid in question is probably in prison by now.

02-09-2015 04:17 PM
Loidrial
Bull Centaur Hero

RE: [02.09.15] Nani del Caos - From Italy with Love <3Loidrial 02-11-2015

Ok I have a small update, not even a real one.
Today I recieved my hand drill (is it called like this in english?) thanks to Skink that gave me a great italian site, so i made my first 2 pins in my models.
This is the result

Do you people think that maybe the dwarf on the rock is just too high? Especially how will I decorate the part of rock itself that faces the ground and not the lava? wouldnt look strange? Like the dwarf climbed on top of it just because he was in mood for it?
An entire army climbing rocks JUST BECAUSE?

Plus extra peek (obviously WIP) of the new friend of my bearded cow

02-11-2015 03:04 PM
gIL^
Playing Age of Sigmar

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 224

RE: [02.11.15] Nani del Caos - From Italy with Love <3gIL^ 02-11-2015

I don't really like rocks on bases for normal dwarfs. I think it is all the more effective on heros if the normal guys don't have. As you can see with my guys.

Also nice Lammasu!!

02-11-2015 03:24 PM
Loidrial
Bull Centaur Hero

RE: [02.11.15] Nani del Caos - From Italy with Love <3Loidrial 02-14-2015

I finally finished my Lord on Lammasu, in future I will remake the base because I decided to go for dead ground with bit of vegetation (I dont think I will make a good lava base effect on the 20mm base)

So here is it, 6 pics for you (In some of them a part of the beard looks brown, IDK why, it was just the shade of the lammasu's horn.
Strange mobilephone.

As you can see I miss the back skull with the 2 poles coming from the low back of the Lord, I will find something for replace it, or maybe a shield with the 2 poles + banner later on.

This post was last modified: 02-14-2015 11:03 AM by Loidrial.

02-14-2015 10:36 AM
DAGabriel
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 514
Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Golden Hat - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: [02.14.2015] Nani del Caos - Lord on Lammasu DONEDAGabriel 02-14-2015

Great, and I thought myself relatively quick because I am about half finished with the wings of mine....

2015        Bought/Traded: 104        Painted: 107

My army blog: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...589&page=1
02-14-2015 11:29 AM
Pages (7): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Enanos del Caos. foicevermelha 17 12,237 12-01-2007 04:07 PM
Last Post: hal

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend