Pages (7): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 Next > Last »
Golden Hat XXII
Author MessageGolden Hat XXII
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 528
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016                               
Golden Hat XXIIAdmiral 02-17-2015

Titan Wargames Presents: The 22nd Golden Hat competition!

We are pleased to announce that this round of Golden Hat has been sponsored by Titan Wargames and Baggronor, as well as by Dark Art Studios!

The gold winner of the contest will receive one unpainted Dwarf House, courtesy of Titan Wargames!

The silver winner of the contest will receive one unpainted Goretrek miniature, courtesy of Dark Art Studios!

Painted Goretrek picture courtesy of Herby

The bronze winner of the contest will receive one unpainted Hazzad Flamebeard miniature, courtesy of Titan Wargames!

"... and the heavens shall be swathed in darkness and lit by lightning and balefire; and the ground shall crack and quake and roar to let forth the flaming bowels of the earth; and those mighty turned to stone shall wake to walk again; and the slave shall turn upon the master, and the dead shall turn upon the living; and everywhere order shall turn into Chaos; and crops shall fail and plague shall reign; and works shall be shattered and lands shall die; and the lords of the world shall clash, and gods and mortals alike shall slay each other, and horrible wars shall rage and even titans shall fall. These shall be the signs of final doom, and by them, all shall know that the End Times are come..."
- Excerpt from a forbidden stele locked away in secret chambers beneath Mingol Zharr-Naggrund

Subject Matter: Chaos Dwarf of the End Times
For this Golden Hat contest we want you to make a single Chaos Dwarf End Times-styled miniature! A character on a titanic mount (in true End Times fashion) will count as a single model. The rule here is one model on one base. Extra miniatures on that single base, such as fleeing or trampled enemies, swirling fire Daemons or Daemonforged familiars, are allowed, though they shall not overwhelm your entry and steal too much attention.

Let your imagination run wild within the above limits! The End Times supplements have introduced new units, new or updated monsters, and new or updated special characters, most mounted on big monsters. The scope is big and the aim is epic. To help inspire ideas, here's a list of but a few of the possible creations that could be entered into the competition:

Examples Wrote:
A revived petrified Sorcerer-Prophet. A monstrous infantry or monster-sized stone, obsidian or mechanical idol Colossus. A Chaos Dwarf Loremaster of Undeath on a mechanically bound Zombie Dragon. Astrogoth or a Chaos Dwarf monstrous infantry model in a steam-driven megasuit of armour. A Daemon Prince of Hashut. An Undead Lamassu with rider. A character shooting Warpstone metorites.

Korakagrakk, mounted atop a lava beast. A lone Sorcerer-Prophet riding a platform for sorceries and sacrifice, built upon a giant Iron Daemon. A Chaos Dwarf character mounted on a titanic K'daai Destroyer, full of flames. A giant bull of molten metal. A Sorcerer-Prophet busy casting spells, standing atop a giant pillar carved with fresques and runes. A sorcerer surfing on a possessed lava wave. A Bull Centaur temple guard leader with ensorcelled equipment.

Feel free to make something which will work as a unit from Legion of Azgorh in your army, example given: Astrogoth on a mechanical Bale Taurus, counting as a K'daai Destroyer.

If you are unsure if your entry will fit the subject matter, please contact Admiral or Bloodbeard and they'll sort it out with the rest of the Staff.

Basing is up to your discretion with the following exception: Display bases and plinths are not allowed, though diorama style bases are. Also, models must be based on a square base of appropriate size already used in Warhammer Fantasy Battles.

Specifics
Subject: Single Chaos Dwarf End Times miniature, mounted or not.
Bases: One base only, otherwise up to your discretion. Must be based on an appropriate sized square base already used in Warhammer. Diorama style bases are allowed! Large models mounted on e.g. 100mm by 150mm bases have a lot of base to work with and ought to be an army's centerpiece. No display bases or plinths, though, please.
The Due Date: 11:59 PM Mars 27th, 2015 EST (Eastern Standard Timezone)

Please read the full rules that apply to the Golden Hat competition before submitting your entry.

Submission
All entries must be sent to the Golden Hat account no later than the due date. Entries will not be accepted after this. (Entrants have approximately 6 weeks to complete entries). If for some reason you are having trouble with your submission, contact one of the Staff. In order to avoid problems, entrants should not wait until the last minute to submit their entries.

How to Enter
Upload up to 4 photos of your entries to the Internet. Photos may not have additional text or items/models unrelated to your entry. Please crop your pictures, cut away empty space. Please make sure your 4 pictures are roughly equal in size. Next, send a PM to Golden Hat (a special user that all Staff have access to) containing the links where the pictures can be found. (Note: This is the same as previous Golden Hats).

If you win:
- Walk across the backs of the cowed masses you have scorned and pushed aside, in order to take your place in the vaunted Golden Hat Hall of Fame.
- Receive the Golden Hat medal for your online persona. Silver and bronze Golden Hat medals will be awarded as well.
- Everyone who enters gets a number of slaves equal to the number of entries. If 20 people enter we award 20 slaves to each person who entered. Entries will count towards a veteran medal.
- Win a house or character models! See above for details.

Once all entries are received a thread will be created for voting and determining the winners!

If there are any questions it is best post them here so that everyone can benefit from any details or clarifications that may arise.

Prize
Gold winner will win a Dwarf House, silver winner will win a Goretrek miniature, bronze winner will win a Pyromancer miniature (see above for details).

Should you wish to donate a prize to the contest, please PM Admiral or Bloodbeard and they will sort it out with you and the Staff.

Good luck everyone!

Other News on CDO:
Community Award Voting - voting deadline 24th of February!

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXVIII - Deadline 9th of November ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Chaos Dwarf Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.

This post was last modified: 03-12-2015 04:30 PM by Bloodbeard.

02-17-2015 04:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DAGabriel
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 514
Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Golden Hat - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIIDAGabriel 02-17-2015

Oooookay, nice one!
Shouldn`t be a problem of ideas but of which one is best...

2015        Bought/Traded: 104        Painted: 107

My army blog: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...589&page=1
02-17-2015 05:36 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1406
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIIAbecedar 02-17-2015

What to do? What to do?
That is the question.
Two semi ideas already, anymore and I'll confuse myself.

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
02-17-2015 05:56 PM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1361
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIIGrimstonefire 02-17-2015

Great, I have until Mars 27th!?

I know exactly what I will enter for this.

Not that it matters, but is the prize the one in the photo (i.e. painted)?

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad

This post was last modified: 02-17-2015 06:02 PM by Grimstonefire.

02-17-2015 06:01 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIIAdmiral 02-17-2015

Grimstonefire Wrote:
Great, I have until Mars 27th!?

I know exactly what I will enter for this.

Not that it matters, but is the prize the one in the photo (i.e. painted)?

Yep, Mars 27th. We figured 1,5 months was required for such a big theme. Also, thanks for pointing out the miss. It somehow escaped the planning scrutiny. First post updated. It's an unpainted house.

Best of luck, folks! Cheers!

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXVIII - Deadline 9th of November ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Chaos Dwarf Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.
02-17-2015 06:36 PM
MadHatter
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 237
Scribe's Contest Silver Best General - 2014 Scribe's Contest Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIIMadHatter 02-17-2015

Woah woah woah!!

By Hashut's beard this is going to be EPIC!

I for one will start earlier this time around...

COOL HOUSE!

May your hat be tall and your beard ever coiled.
MadHatter's 90's Big Hats Blog!
02-17-2015 07:38 PM
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 831
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIIBloodbeard 02-18-2015

Herby Wrote:
How comes that our beloved contest the - Golden Hat - doesn't get enough love to be updated in the vaunted Golden Hat Hall of Fame ?.

We're at Golden Hat XXII and the hall of fame stands at Golden Hat XIX. Unsure

Yes they do. Artisan's gallery too, and a Scribes contest should be added. As the immortals have talked about the Galleries need some TLC too.

However Admiral and I can't do anything on the main site as moderators (or at least something needs to be clicked "on"). Needs to be an admin as it is.

Would do it if I could.

This is gonna be a crazy Golden Hat. I have two ideas - gonna have to decide which one will give me the most votes. And get a real camera as my phone pics has cost me votes on more than one occation.

We've decided to get some End Times competitions run before 9th edition hits.

Very great post you've done here Admiral. Have some slaves.

Thanks Baggronor for donating yet another awesome price! Have some slaves as well. ... if only there was a better (yet subtle) way to show the apreciation. Wink

This post was last modified: 02-18-2015 03:41 AM by Bloodbeard.

02-18-2015 03:40 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Skink
Slann Mage Priest

Slaves: 675
Golden Hat - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIISkink 02-18-2015

...And I just received a new string of Green Stuff Big Grin

"Hashut! Vorgrund! Zharr Naggrund!!" A Chaos Dwarf's battlecry.

-Chaos Dwarf Spaghetti- My Dawi Zharr blog. Comes with tomato sauce!
02-18-2015 06:05 AM
Bloodbeard

Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               

Herby Wrote:
Hey and one more thing. Do you think that the message -you can't vote for yourself anymore- has reached everybody?
You 'll surely point it out when it comes to it.

It'll be noted in the Voting Thread when it comes around. We'll do so for the next couple of competitions - just to make sure everyone gets it.

This GH is gonna delay my hobgoblins and second wave emissaries even further. ... I could of cause only make a small entry, a lone 20mm based hero model. dead

02-18-2015 06:11 AM
Malorndk
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 1131
Word of Hashut - Contributor Platinum Army Medal - 6000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Platinum Best General - 2016                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIIMalorndk 02-18-2015

I have an idea this time! And it's glorious!!
Don't have the time, space or skills to pull it off though xD

Army blog - Army Showcase - Project Banners - Legendary Battle
02-18-2015 07:19 AM
TheHoodedMan
The Black Scourge

Slaves: 277
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Dark Apostle - Bronze Best General - 2015 Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIITheHoodedMan 02-18-2015

Oh my god. I`ve just sat back and relaxed after finishing my most urgent projects and now this Wink.

@Herby: From my gut feeling: Exactly copying something, even if it was your own, seems for me not to be the spirit of the contest. But in the main thing this is a painting contest. So if a model is painted in a new style...(just my point of view).

Please vote on the community awards 2016:
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=16881

The Prophets` bodyguard - Army blog
02-18-2015 08:23 AM
Bloodbeard

There's nothing in the rules against being strongly inspired by a previous entry.

"The exact same miniature can't be entered twice". But you'll build a new minaiture (looking like another one) and you'll paint it yourself. No problem.

"Models can be build / converted by comission - you just have to paint it yourself".

More than one entrant could buy the same FW model and enter in a competition, with their own individual paint jobs. So this should be no problem.

I'm sure you'll make a brilliant entry Herby!

02-18-2015 10:20 AM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1177
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIIZanko 02-18-2015

Great theme guys! Takes Hat off

But I have really no idea what to build ...

I have to search in the internet maybe I get some inspirations!

Really really difficult to find a cool entry! Unsure

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

02-18-2015 02:34 PM
bas_2312
Bull Centaur Hero

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 443
Golden Hat - Gold Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIIbas_2312 02-18-2015

This might be a good excuse to work on some mini's again.. Time to put on my thinking cap! Happy

Check out some of my other stuff:
-Big Hat Ogres
-Big Hat Chaos Dwarfs
-Halfling Empire
-Scifi stuff
02-18-2015 04:14 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: Golden Hat XXIIAdmiral 02-18-2015

Bloodbeard Wrote:
Very great post you've done here Admiral. Have some slaves.

Thanks Baggronor for donating yet another awesome price! Have some slaves as well. ... if only there was a better (yet subtle) way to show the apreciation. Wink

Thanks! Yep, Baggronor is a pillar of the community. Happy

02-18-2015 05:04 PM
Bloodbeard

RE: Golden Hat XXIIBloodbeard 02-20-2015

Went straight to work (as time for such things is unpredictable). My hobby room (wife insists it's an office for some reason) is now filled with bits, plastic card, sawdust made from rubber, metal and plastic. I got classic super glued fingers and the vacuumcleaner will need a new bag after cleaning the carpet.

Scrapped my first two ideas - wasn't nearly big enough for a theme like this!

02-20-2015 07:06 AM
DAGabriel
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 514
Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Golden Hat - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIIDAGabriel 02-20-2015

- Still have to buy some parts....
- Nearly finished the rough parts of the base and experimenting how to taint water effect with blood red color.
- began with the background story

2015        Bought/Traded: 104        Painted: 107

My army blog: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...589&page=1
02-20-2015 10:14 AM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1177
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIIZanko 02-20-2015

Damned! Angry

Still have no good idea - despite a nearly sleepless night! Mad

But I'm sure that I will find some solution for this task! Wink

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

02-20-2015 12:41 PM
tjub
Hat or Die!

Slaves: 1308
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver x2 Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIItjub 02-20-2015

Just started, no idea how this will turn out... Big Grin

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:
"And then children, Tjub spent 78 pages perfecting his fireborn. For such is the struggle of a CD player with a thematic army."

02-20-2015 01:29 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Slaves: 1406
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIIAbecedar 02-20-2015

Am actually having no trouble reining in my imagination and enthusiam for this one.
All the hype over EoT, our demise in 9th Ed' and not having any of the books may account for that  
Having gone over the top last time I'll try to keep it much simpler and less stressful this time around.

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
02-20-2015 04:40 PM
Pages (7): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post