Post Reply  Post Thread 
Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules
Author MessagePath to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 685
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016                               
Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband RulesAdmiral 03-27-2015

Path to Glory was a package of Chaos Warband rules released in White Dwarf during 6th edition WHFB. I've never tested them out, but the sheer random tables, gifts and mutations made it appear great, as did the chance to bash it out in the Chaos wastelands of the north in a small game. Me and my brother have never forgotten it for those reasons, and we'd like to try them out soon in WHFB 8th edition.

Have anyone played Path to Glory? And what did you think about it? Are there some rules or tables that should be adjusted to suit the new rules?

Clearly, as Chaos Dwarfs, the Dawi Zharr can't miss out on the action in a Chaos Warband campaign. That's why I've tinkered away on this draft for Chaos Warbands rules. It's written in Wordpad since my Word bugs out and hangs itself every time you save a document on it. As such, there's no layout or separation of tables to single pages, since Wordpad don't display pages as far as I am aware. The PDF conversion didn't agree completely with the RTF format, but any aesthetic fixes can come with updates due to feedback:

Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules (Admiral)

Path to Glory (Dînadan)

What do you think of it? How would you do it?

I've always been, and will always be lousy with rules. Your feedback and ideas are as such extra valuable. I'm sure there are lots of things that need changes, so fire away, ladies and gentlemen, and be welcome to share your own rules! Happy

Updated post with Dînadan's own take on Path to Glory. Don't hesitate to share your own!

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXVIII - Deadline 9th of November ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Chaos Dwarf Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.

This post was last modified: 03-30-2015 08:09 AM by Admiral.

03-27-2015 10:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TheHoodedMan
The Black Scourge

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 12
Slaves: 284
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Dark Apostle - Bronze Best General - 2015                               
RE: Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warbands RulesTheHoodedMan 03-27-2015

Looks great!
I`ll take a time to read it through at the weekend.
Cheers!

Please vote on the community awards 2016:
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=16881

The Prophets` bodyguard - Army blog
03-27-2015 10:23 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016                               
RE: Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warbands RulesAdmiral 03-30-2015

Thank you! I hope you enjoy the read. Happy

Issuu document updated with cosmetic corrections. What do you think about the rules themselves?

Dînadan's version of Path to Glory updated.

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXVIII - Deadline 9th of November ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Chaos Dwarf Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.

This post was last modified: 03-30-2015 08:09 AM by Admiral.

03-30-2015 07:55 AM
Dînadan
Sardonic Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 101
Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband RulesDînadan 03-30-2015

Is it just me, or have the tables disappeared from my version that you've uploaded Shock

For the Glory of Uzkulak! My Chaos Dwarf blog.

03-30-2015 08:22 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband RulesAdmiral 03-30-2015

They have disappeared. What the heck! Odd, I'll have to check on that when I get back home later today or tomorrow.

03-30-2015 08:56 AM
gmillar
Slave

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 1

RE: Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rulesgmillar 05-12-2016

Were you ever able to sort out what happened to those tables? My friends and I are about to start a Path to Glory campaign and I'm interested in trying out this version, but it's a little hard without any of the tables.

05-12-2016 12:11 AM
zobo1942
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 19
Slaves: 108

RE: Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Ruleszobo1942 05-12-2016

Does 'Path to Glory' integrate into the warhammer warbands rules completely? I found my copy of 'Path to Glory' the other day and it looks like good fun.

By warhammer warbands rules, I mean these:

http://www.thekeeponline.com/documents/Warbands.pdf

05-12-2016 12:59 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband RulesAdmiral 05-13-2016

@gmillar: No, I didn't manage to find the fault. Somehow, the tables in Dïnadan's file could not be translated to Issuu. I've no idea why. Perhaps if you ask Dînadan, he can send the files to you by E-mail?

@zobo1942: I asked myself the same when writing the above rules. I've no idea, and likewise I do not know if the homebrew rules of mine are anywhere near balanced. It's done for the flavour of it, because that old Path to Glory freebie in WD looked so fun.

05-13-2016 08:32 AM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Path to Glory Dînadan 6 1,869 07-04-2014 08:54 AM
Last Post: Dînadan
  Chaos Dwarf Airplane Rules Borador 11 3,945 09-20-2009 05:55 AM
Last Post: Borador
  Border Town Burning's Chaos Dwarf Warband Xander 7 14,197 01-12-2009 07:46 PM
Last Post: Hashut's Blessing

View a Printable Version