Post Reply  Post Thread 
Golden Hat XXII - Winners!
Author MessageGolden Hat XXII - Winners!
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 528
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016                               
Golden Hat XXII - Winners!Admiral 04-05-2015

Golden Hat XXII - End Times Theme

"It comes! It comes! Great Four shall be Five and creation shall be shattered into desolation, yet from out of the ruins shall the victors stride over the corpses of once numerous living and the rubble of once great works. And they shall stride triumphant and cruel in their might, their flames a blaze of power untold and their darkness a cloak of fear. And their arms shall be strong and scarred from hardship and struggle victorious, yet life shall be bought at the cost of their souls. And they shall wade across the morass of plague unscathed, and wander through the plains of famine untouched. And they shall march unto the fields of war undaunted and walk through the gates of death, and beyond that fickle oblivion, Chaos awaits. It comes! The end comes!"
- Last words of Sorcerer-Prophet Grazhukkimbul Hornbreaker, spoken in a frenzied fit of bloodletting and self-mutilation, which ended in a faulty petrification that reduced his statuary remains to nought but gravel

We had a wonderful turnout of entries, with submissions spanning mighty Sorcerer-Prophets in full swing, to fearsome mechanic constructs. It was magnificient to see all the great results churned out of the Dawi Zharr workshops. Undoubtedly the End Times will see greatness and devastation in equal measure, as evident in these fantastic entries! Takes Hat off

And the winners are:

<1        <2        <3

1st Place - Golden Hat Winner: Entry #12 - BeeZharr
2nd Place - Silver Hat Winner: Entry #5 - DAGabriel
3rd Place - Bronze Hat Winner: Entry #4 - TheHoodedMan

The entry key!
You can share your love for each entry by donating slaves to the owners of the entries!

01 - torn
02 - Parish
03 - Herby
04 - TheHoodedMan
05 - DAGabriel
06 - tjub
07 - Zanko
08 - cornixt
09 - Abecedar
10 - Bloodbeard
11 - MadHatter
12 - BeeZharr

Slaves and medals are coming! Should you have earned a new Veteran's Medal (gained at 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 main contests entered), please contact us and link us all your entries in all previous Golden Hat and Artisan's Contest competitions (note: Scribe's Contest does not count towards this purpose, but have an own Veteran Scribe's Medal). We would prefer to count them for you, but the current Staff situation makes this difficult due to currently unavailable spreadsheet.

And now for the prizes!

Congratulations to BeeZharr, who wins a Dwarf House from Titan Wargames!

Congratulations to DAGabriel, who wins a Goretrek miniature from Dark Art Studios!

And congratulations to TheHoodedMan, who wins a Hazzad Flamebeard from Titan Wargames!

A big "thanks" to everyone who participated and voted, as well as a big thanks to Titan Wargames and Dark Art Studios for their prize donations!

And that's it for this round of Golden Hat. Now let's see the participants' entries in the blogs. Wink

End Times theme to be continued in next Scribe's Contest, coming soon!

The Staff

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXVIII - Deadline 9th of November ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Chaos Dwarf Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.

This post was last modified: 09-28-2015 01:06 PM by Admiral.

04-05-2015 03:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BeeZharr
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 93
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat XXII - Winners!BeeZharr 04-05-2015

Oh my! Surely if there was ever a sign of the End Times then my winning a painting competition is it! Thank you so much everyone who voted for me, I really appreciate it - I'd been planning this Astragoth conversion for years, so great to pull it off. And great to see my favourite, DAGrabiel's, take second too - very nice paint job.

Up the Ziggurat, lickety splick!
04-05-2015 04:42 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Slaves: 528
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016                               
RE: Golden Hat XXII - Winners!Admiral 04-05-2015

Besides, Bloodbeard scored 4th place yet again. This must be some kind of sign from high Hashut Himself, but what could it mean? Tongue Wink

@BeeZharr: Your reading of omens and dark portents is powerful indeed, mighty one. Wink

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXVIII - Deadline 9th of November ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Chaos Dwarf Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.
04-05-2015 04:56 AM
TheHoodedMan
The Black Scourge

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 277
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Dark Apostle - Bronze Best General - 2015 Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XXII - Winners!TheHoodedMan 04-05-2015

@BeeZharr: That was good timing to release that conversion at this time!
You and DAGabriel got my votes, well deserved, congratulations!

Thanks to all who voted for my entry, didn`t expect a medal (my first one!) between all this superb models and I`m really proud to have a bronze hat near my nickname in the future[/align].

Please vote on the community awards 2016:
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=16881

The Prophets` bodyguard - Army blog
04-05-2015 05:02 AM
tjub
Hat or Die!

Slaves: 1307
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver x2 Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat XXII - Winners!tjub 04-05-2015

well done with all the entries and congrats to the winners! Happy

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:
"And then children, Tjub spent 78 pages perfecting his fireborn. For such is the struggle of a CD player with a thematic army."

04-05-2015 05:13 AM
Yodrin
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 296
Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Attitude - 2013 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS                               
RE: Golden Hat XXII - Winners!Yodrin 04-05-2015

Congratz to the winner and winners, amazing work by all!!

YODRIN'S P.BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=13137

Thommy H Wrote:
This thread is two years old. The kid in question is probably in prison by now.

04-05-2015 05:17 AM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1177
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat XXII - Winners!Zanko 04-05-2015

Congrats to the winners! Takes Hat off

Awesome stuff guys!

Nonetheless the other entries were great too! Cheers!

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

04-05-2015 05:19 AM
MadHatter
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 237
Scribe's Contest Silver Best General - 2014 Scribe's Contest Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XXII - Winners!MadHatter 04-05-2015

Congratulations to the winners Takes Hat off

May your hat be tall and your beard ever coiled.
MadHatter's 90's Big Hats Blog!
04-05-2015 05:41 AM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Slaves: 1405
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XXII - Winners!Abecedar 04-05-2015

Yes.... Congratulations to the very worthy winners.
I really enjoyed this one.

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.

This post was last modified: 04-05-2015 05:49 AM by Abecedar.

04-05-2015 05:48 AM
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 831
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: Golden Hat XXII - Winners!Bloodbeard 04-05-2015

Great result indeed. Congratulations to the winners.

It takes a lot of work to deliver a quality consistent enough to always get fourth place. I call that an achievement! And I have a super cool new general model for my army.

I will add 12 slaves to all entrants som the Admins Pit of Unlimited Slaves.

Thanks for the votes.

04-05-2015 06:06 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dînadan
Sardonic Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 101
Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: Golden Hat XXII - Winners!Dînadan 04-05-2015

Congrats to the winners.

@ BeeZharr & Admiral: further signs of the End Times, all three of my votes won.

For the Glory of Uzkulak! My Chaos Dwarf blog.

04-05-2015 06:10 AM
cornixt
Brewer of Daemonic Beer

Slaves: 1302
Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Attitude - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XXII - Winners!cornixt 04-05-2015

Thanks to the person who took pity on my lava-surfing Chaos Dwarf! The ebb and flow of time has a huge effect on my painting schedule.

There's a lot more in the wiki than you think, check out the wiki contents

Like a Great Taurus in a Cathay shop.

"No Mr Bond, I expect you to k'daii."
04-05-2015 07:26 PM
DAGabriel
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 514
Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Golden Hat - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XXII - Winners!DAGabriel 04-06-2015

Just back from Easter Holiday to discover that now I need two heads to wear my hats!

Thanks to all who voted for me, thanks to the Golden Hat team for doing a great job again and

biiiig congratz to BeeZharr and TheHoodedMan!

2015        Bought/Traded: 104        Painted: 107

My army blog: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...589&page=1
04-06-2015 12:38 PM
Fuggit Khan
Da Khan of Khans

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 471
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015                               
RE: Golden Hat XXII - Winners!Fuggit Khan 04-06-2015

Congrats to all the winners...at least one of my votes made it Cheers!
Quite an interesting variety of entries to be sure, the surfing Dawi Zharr made me smile Happy

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
04-06-2015 01:41 PM
MaraLynn
Hobgoblin

Slaves: 76

RE: Golden Hat XXII - Winners!MaraLynn 04-07-2015

Well done ye all! Even if I got only one in three right it was a great competition.

04-07-2015 01:52 AM
Parish
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Slaves: 69

RE: Golden Hat XXII - Winners!Parish 04-07-2015

Well done to everybody ! Thanks a lot for the organizares and all participants !

Well deserved podium guys Happy

Two out of 3 of my votes made it Big Grin

04-07-2015 06:03 PM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Golden Hat XVIII - Winners! Admiral 10 100 Yesterday 06:51 PM
Last Post: Abecedar
  Artisan's Contest XXII - Winners! Admiral 7 570 10-22-2017 12:41 PM
Last Post: Jackswift
  Artisan's Contest XXII - Voting! Admiral 6 643 10-11-2017 09:18 AM