Pages (3): « First [1] 2 3 Next > Last »
Scribe's Contest III
Author MessageScribe's Contest III
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 217
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017                               
Scribe's Contest IIIAdmiral 04-11-2015

Titan Wargames Presents: The 3rd Scribe's Contest writing competition on Chaos Dwarfs Online!

We are pleased to announce that this Scribe's Contest has been sponsored by Titan Wargames! There will be one prize of the unpainted miniature of Marrog Blackhand for the Gold winner:

Subject Matter: Visions of Doom
"The End Times hath come, and doom hath fallen upon the land. Or so sayeth the seers...

The whole world is consumed by flames and death on a scale never seen before. Chaos reigns, and war rages over the face of the earth. Rulers fall and empires burn. Vile hordes skitters amongst the ruins and tears down once great works. Everything is in turmoil and upheaval. Power is grasped by the ambitious, and the mighty of the world reshapes its fate in a struggle to dominate or survive.

The scene is set. The Everchosen finally made his move. The lands of the Empire and Bretonnia are in ruin, the Lizardmen are gone, Elves are a fraction of their former numbers yet they're stronger than ever, The Slayer Lord is marching towards Averheim, and the biggest Undead horde ever assembled, commanded by the Great Necromancer himself, is ready to battle darkness for the fate of the world.

Yet in the Dark Lands, an ancient and mysterious empire of slavery, black industry and heinous cruelty faces its final hour...

These are the visions of doom, according to the Blacksmiths of Chaos."

Your task is to create a story or prophecy describing what Chaos Dwarfs did in the End Times. This need not detail everything important that happened to all Chaos Dwarfs, it's enough if you detail something that happened to some Chaos Dwarfs, such as the deeds and fate of your army general, his army and his retinue. Here are a list of ideas and examples for End Times writing subjects for those who do not own the End Times books:

Examples and ideas Wrote:
- The fall of Zharr-Naggrund. We know that the Ogre Maneater Golgfag held the gates of Mingol Zharr-Naggrund open against overwhelming odds, allowing Grimgor Ironhide (once a slave of the Dawi Zharr) and his Waagh! inside to free the slaves and topple the capital of the cruel Chaos Dwarfs and tear down the temple and idols of the Father of Darkness. Tell us more of what happened!

- The fall of Cathay and the great hour of the Dawi Zharr warrior caste. We know that Chaos Dwarfs succeeded in destroying the Great Bastion of Cathay, with the help of Hung marauders and Skaven. Subsequently, Grimgor invaded the east. Tell us more of what happened!

- The Bull God and his tribe. Will Hashut alert his children like he did in the age of strife, making Chaos Dwarfs trying to reach the stars before its too late? Will Hashut manifest himself as an avatar in the world of mortals? What dark mysteries are revealed?

- Dark Empire in flames. What happens to the dark empire of the Chaos Dwarfs? Will there be invasions, migrations, slave rebellions, civil war, and natural and unnatural disasters alike? Will the petrified sorcerers wake to life and walk the land now that the Wind of Death blows strong? What happens to the strongholds of the Blacksmiths of Chaos?  What do you think? Tell us what happened!

- Blood grudge. Are the Dawi Zharr going to intercept the last throng of Dwarfs and settle the ancient blood grudges once and for all?

- The demise of Morrslieb. What happened when the shower of Warpstone meteorites struck the Dark Lands?

- For Chaos! Will Chaos Dwarfs answer the call of the Everchosen and march against the Empire? What are the deeds and fate of those Dawi Zharr who marches west?

- The grand migration of gut and maw. What happened when the entire Ogre race crossed the Dark Lands?

- The magma beasts of Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith Korakagrakk. How did these fiends come into existence? What did Korakagrakk do with them? What happened to them?

- Tides of Doom. What happens to Uzukulak and the Chaos Dwarf navy in the End Times? What are its deeds and fate?

- Something else entirely. Let your imagination run wild and surf upon the waves of Chaos!

Now remember, many races received "exalted" characters, used powerful artifacts, and the gods made their appearance as active entities in the Warhammer universe. There were cold-hearted intrigues, betrayals and secrets about the Warhammer world unveiled. So unleash your fantasy making Hashut talk to his priests, or with Daemonsmiths activating the ultimate Doomsday device, or invent a story for Astragoth's ascension. The sky is the limit! Give us your vision of Chaos Dwarfs and the End Times.

Stories or prophecies are not to be confused with writing Warhammer rules of your own.

You are encouraged to ask Admiral and Bloodbeard on whether your entry meets the requirements of the contest or not, should you be unsure.

Writing Rules
The word limit for each entry is 10-800 words in total.

Write a story, description or prophecy about Chaos Dwarfs and the End Times. Inventive narratives, such as submitting a collection of quotes or the scribbles of a doomsday survivor, describing the Chaos Dwarfs and the End Times, will be accepted within the theme and rules of this contests.

Chaos Dwarfs have to be the protagonists. You can place your story anywhere in the End Times timeline.

All entries are to be written "in-universe" or as a description of "in-universe" events, meaning no lines about D6s or green stuff are allowed. See the General Rules.

Spellcheck
Please spellcheck your entry before submission. Even so, to help even the field for the non-native English speakers, Admiral may correct grammar and spelling mistakes within the limits of his grasp of the English language.

Inspiration Sources
Apart from the End Times books, anything can be your inspiration, including your latest tabletop game. See the Guidelines. You are not allowed to copy someone else's work!

Please read the full rules and guidelines that apply to the Scribe's Contest competition before submitting your entry!

Deadline: 11:59 PM April 30th 2015 EST (Eastern Standard Timezone)
Submit your entry by PM to the Scribe account before the deadline. Entries will not be accepted after that date and time regardless of how cool your submission is. (You have around 2½ weeks to complete your entry.)

If for some reason you are having trouble with your submission, contact one of the Staff before the deadline. In order to avoid problems, we strongly advise entrants not wait until the very last minute to submit their entries... As things can and do go wrong at the last minute. Please do not send entries to individual Admin or Staff members to submit on your behalf as they may not check their PMs!

How to Enter
Write a story or prophecy about Chaos Dwarfs and the End Times, invented by you, and send a PM to Scribe (a special user that all Staff have access to) containing the story or prophecy. The moderator organizing the contest will then check the inbox one or a few days before deadline and verify to each entrant that their submission was received.

If you win
- Take your place in the upcoming Scribe's Contest Hall of Fame (to be created), where your glory will be remembered for years to come.
- Receive the Scribe's Contest medal for your online persona:

- Everyone who enters gets a number of slaves equal to the number of entries. If 40 people enter we award 40 slaves to each person who entered.
- If you win Gold, you'll win a model prize, courtesy of Titan Wargames

Entries will count towards a participation medal, which is the simpler Scribe's Contest equivalent of Artisan's Contest and Golden Hat veteran medals.

As usual once all entries are received a voting thread will be created. If there are any questions please PM me, another Staff member or post them here.

Summary
Subject Matter: Visions of Doom: End Times and the Chaos Dwarfs.
Deadline: 11:59 PM 30th of April 2015 EST (Eastern Standard Timezone)

If any forum members would like to aid Scribe's Contest by donating models or other materials as prizes for future competitions, feel free to contact myself or one of the Staff to help sort out details.

Special thanks to Skink for advising and laying out the details of this contest!

Now, carve your tablet. Sharpen your pen and dip it in fresh slave blood, for Hashut demands words!

The Staff

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXVIII - Voting Deadline 20th of November  ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings:
Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.

This post was last modified: 04-13-2015 09:43 AM by Admiral.

04-11-2015 03:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 533
Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best Contributor - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Scribe's Contest IIIThommy H 04-11-2015

Quote:
Grimgor Ironhide (once a slave of the Dawi Zharr)

Actually I think that's just something I made up...

Serial Writist - lots and lots of short fiction, written by me, regularly updated.

My models:
The Legion of Astragoth | The Dark Crusade of Mousillon | The Destroyer Cult | Les Défenseurs du Béniterre | Storm Over Béniterre | Force Belial

My rules:
Chaos Dwarfs Warscroll Compendium

04-11-2015 04:20 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017                               
RE: Scribe's Contest IIIAdmiral 04-11-2015

I'm dead sure I read that in a White Dwarf many years prior to discovering CDO. Then, you filled in Grimgor's background with the Chaos Dwarfs. That's at least how I understood your fluff bit, and a section from an End Times book (don't know which one out of hand, but I believe the 4th) seem to support that:

George_van_Horst Wrote:
page 300-301 (aprox): The ork assault on Middenheim from the point of view of Grimgor. A lot of references of the Dark Lands, Chaos Dwarfs and Hobgoblins... and his old memories with the Dawi Zharr...

Quote:
For some reason, that wasn’t as pleasant a thought as it might normally have been. He felt an itch, just to the left of his skull, and knew Gork wanted him to keep moving. Go fasta, the god growled, fastafastaFASTA!
Grimgor threw back his head and bellowed in frustration as Gork’s words cascaded across his brain. Why couldn’t the ’umies just take a kicking? They had to know that they couldn’t get away from him, or resist him. They were worse than the bull-stunties, with their armour and fire and whips.
A grin split Grimgor’s grotesque features as he recalled how the stunties had wailed as he’d torn down their city of pillars and pits, freed their slaves and toppled their statues. That’d teach them to break their staves on his hide. That’d teach them to try to make Grimgor a slave. The grin faded, and the old anger came back, hotter and fiercer than any stunty fire-pit. He lifted Gitsnik and pressed the flat of the great axe to his brow. His gnarled frame was a patchwork of scars, most earned properly, in the heat of battle. He’d fought stunties – both kinds – and rats and gits and big-bellies aplenty in the past few months, but it had always come back to the bull-stunties and their fire-pits. Their whips and chains and iron staves.
They had given him his first scars when he'd been no more than a runt. And he owed them for that.
Gork had shown him favour, filling him with strengh enough to kick over the stunties' towers and turn their ziggurat of black obsidian into rubble. But first, he'd broken skulls and taken heads and put together the biggest Waaagh! around – orcs, goblins, even ogres. After Gork had blessed him with his strength, he had crushed Greasus Goldtooth’s skull with the ogre’s own mace. In the years that followed, he had broken the back of the Necksnapper and shattered the lodgepoles of the Hobgobla Khan. He had cracked the Great Bastion, and burned the dragon-fleets of Nippon. The East was green, and it was his. But it hadn’t been enough. Something was pulling him west. Gork, maybe, or Mork, drawing him towards a bigger fight. A better fight. He could feel it in his veins, thrumming along, like that time Gitsnik had got hit by a lightning bolt.

But more importantly, will you enter? We can't really have an End Times writing competition without the resident penmaster of the site. Wink

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXVIII - Voting Deadline 20th of November  ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings:
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.

This post was last modified: 04-11-2015 04:38 PM by Admiral.

04-11-2015 04:32 PM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1389
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Scribe's Contest IIIZanko 04-11-2015

Phuuuhhh ...

Very interesting task but also very difficult for me as an non native english-speaking member of CDO! Unsure

I have to think about a good story and then I will try to translate it! Wink

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

04-11-2015 04:46 PM
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 834
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: Scribe's Contest IIIBloodbeard 04-11-2015

Admiral Wrote:
But more importantly, will you enter? We can't really have an End Times writing competition without the resident penmaster of the site. Wink

I hope you enter Admiral, because that would be you.

04-11-2015 04:46 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: Scribe's Contest IIIAdmiral 04-11-2015

@Zanko: Good attitude, and good luck breaking through the language barrier! Wink

bab.la is a handy tool for translating.

@Bloodbeard: Thank you kindly, yes I will enter for sure (especially since you and some others convinced me to do so last time even though I was the organizer and had a quirky principle about not entering what I organized Tongue Wink), there's no chance I'll miss out on this one! However, the crown is Thommy's. We only need to chain him to a desk to deliver some new CD fluff, and then the reigning heavyweight master will be apparent to all you newcomers. Wink

Chaos Dwarf Writings:

This post was last modified: 04-11-2015 04:57 PM by Admiral.

04-11-2015 04:52 PM
Dînadan
Sardonic Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 46
Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: Scribe's Contest IIIDînadan 04-11-2015

Admiral Wrote:

@Bloodbeard: Thank you kindly, yes I will enter for sure (especially since you and some others convinced me to do so last time even though I was the organizer and had a quirky principle about not entering what I organized Tongue Wink), there's no chance I'll miss out on this one! However, the crown is Thommy's. We only need to chain him to a desk to deliver some new CD fluff, and then the reigning heavyweight master will be apparent to all you newcomers. Wink

Nope, it's definitely you after all the fleshing out of CD culture you've done the last year or so. Wink

For the Glory of Uzkulak! My Chaos Dwarf blog.

04-11-2015 05:13 PM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 533
Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best Contributor - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Scribe's Contest IIIThommy H 04-11-2015

Oh, fair enough - I extrapolated from what they'd written before and it looks like they always intended to go in that direction. I haven't finished slogging through the End Times books yet. I'm about a third of the way through Thanquol and it's really turning into a chore, but there we go. If I finish Archaon before the deadline, I might enter. I'll need to know the whole canon story before I commit to anything.

Serial Writist - lots and lots of short fiction, written by me, regularly updated.

My models:
The Legion of Astragoth | The Dark Crusade of Mousillon | The Destroyer Cult | Les Défenseurs du Béniterre | Storm Over Béniterre | Force Belial

My rules:
Chaos Dwarfs Warscroll Compendium

04-11-2015 06:34 PM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1362
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Scribe's Contest IIIGrimstonefire 04-11-2015

I intend to update my army fluff, which would bring it up to date with end times.  But like Thommy I don't know how best to do this without knowing what the exact context/ build up canon wise is.

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad
04-11-2015 07:09 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MadHatter
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 238
Scribe's Contest Silver Best General - 2014 Scribe's Contest Bronze                               
RE: Scribe's Contest IIIMadHatter 04-12-2015

I'll enter

May your hat be tall and your beard ever coiled.
MadHatter's 90's Big Hats Blog!
04-12-2015 07:35 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1697
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x3 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018                               
RE: Scribe's Contest IIIAbecedar 04-12-2015

The hard thing for me is not having (and probably never will) any of the EoT stuff.
All I know off it is from little snippets in the debates here.

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
04-12-2015 10:45 PM
Bloodbeard

Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: Scribe's Contest IIIBloodbeard 04-13-2015

We're really not mentioned that much in the End Times. So this SC will fill out a lot of blank space. We do have every single quote about CD available. Should they be posted here? They go in the wiki later on. Admiral is the organiser, I'll let him decide wether or not to put them all here.

This post was last modified: 04-13-2015 12:33 AM by Bloodbeard.

04-13-2015 12:21 AM
BeeZharr
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 93
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: Scribe's Contest IIIBeeZharr 04-13-2015

Time to get my pen out!*

*not a euphemism...

Up the Ziggurat, lickety splick!
04-13-2015 03:36 AM
Bloodbeard

Besides the very limited mention in Glotkin: See the wiki. A daemonsmith (named Korakagrakk) with magmabeasts attack and raid a city in the empire back in the days.

ET: Nagash told of strange green clouds and light over the darklands.

ET: Archon gave us nothing.

This is from a Black Library book "Lord of the End Times".

page 40 (aprox): Canto the Unsworn, an Empire traitor that sworn his fealty to he Chaos Undivided speaks of the imperial artillery in the final assault on Middenheim.
Quote:
Canto felt his heart quicken with anticipation of the noise and fury to come. He was not afraid; not precisely. He knew what cannons could do. He'd seen the war-engines of the dawi zharr first-hand, and knew that these guns were but a pale shadow of those terrible devices. Men would die, but not him. Not if his luck held, as it had so far.

page 79 (aprox): Again is from Canto's point of view, this time speaking of his armour.
Quote:
As if the gods had heard his thoughts and wished to punish him, a lance slammed into his side, knocking him to one knee. His armour had been forged by the daemonsmiths of Zharr Naggrund and the mortal weapon merely splintered, peeling away as it struck him. Even so, the force of the blow was enough to rattle his brains, and he reeled, off balance.

page 80 (aprox): Canto continue fighting the knight.
Quote:
His sword slammed into Canto's and the duelled over the body of the dying horse, but only for a moment. The man was hurt, and perhaps even dying, even as his sword arm faltered and Canto's sword landed on his shoulder, driving him to his knees. The dawi zharr-forged blade cut through the knight's heavy armour with ease and he flopped across the boddy of his steed, dead.

page 166 (aprox): Canto have a conversation with Archaon and see a group of ogres.
Quote:
Before Canto could answer Archaon's question, a guttural voice bellowed a challenge. A trio of ogres, their fless marked by tattoos of ownership and allegiance, and their arms and armour bearing all of the hallmarks of the daemonsmiths of Zharr Naggrund, stepped into viow out of the shadows.

page 300-301 (aprox): The ork assault on Middenheim from the point of view of Grimgor. A lot of references of the Dark Lands, Chaos Dwarfs and Hobgoblins... and his old memories with the Dawi Zharr...
Quote:
For some reason, that wasn’t as pleasant a thought as it might normally have been. He felt an itch, just to the left of his skull, and knew Gork wanted him to keep moving. Go fasta, the god growled, fastafastaFASTA!
Grimgor threw back his head and bellowed in frustration as Gork’s words cascaded across his brain. Why couldn’t the ’umies just take a kicking? They had to know that they couldn’t get away from him, or resist him. They were worse than the bull-stunties, with their armour and fire and whips.
A grin split Grimgor’s grotesque features as he recalled how the stunties had wailed as he’d torn down their city of pillars and pits, freed their slaves and toppled their statues. That’d teach them to break their staves on his hide. That’d teach them to try to make Grimgor a slave. The grin faded, and the old anger came back, hotter and fiercer than any stunty fire-pit. He lifted Gitsnik and pressed the flat of the great axe to his brow. His gnarled frame was a patchwork of scars, most earned properly, in the heat of battle. He’d fought stunties – both kinds – and rats and gits and big-bellies aplenty in the past few months, but it had always come back to the bull-stunties and their fire-pits. Their whips and chains and iron staves.
They had given him his first scars when he'd been no more than a runt. And he owed them for that.
Gork had shown him favour, filling him with strengh enough to kick over the stunties' towers and turn their ziggurat of black obsidian into rubble. But first, he'd broken skulls and taken heads and put together the biggest Waaagh! around – orcs, goblins, even ogres. After Gork had blessed him with his strength, he had crushed Greasus Goldtooth’s skull with the ogre’s own mace. In the years that followed, he had broken the back of the Necksnapper and shattered the lodgepoles of the Hobgobla Khan. He had cracked the Great Bastion, and burned the dragon-fleets of Nippon. The East was green, and it was his. But it hadn’t been enough. Something was pulling him west. Gork, maybe, or Mork, drawing him towards a bigger fight. A better fight. He could feel it in his veins, thrumming along, like that time Gitsnik had got hit by a lightning bolt.

page 303 (aprox): The story of the destruction of Zharr Naggrund that I alredy published (I'd added the last part).
Quote:
The big ogre had proven more useful than most of his greedy kin - he was as smart as any runt, and dead sneaky when he needed to be. It had been Golgfag who had got the gates of Zharr Naggrund open, so Grimgor's lads could barrel in. The ogre had held the great iron gates open, despite having half a dozen of stunty crossbow bolts in him. He and Grimgor had fought side by side and back to back up the steps of the black ziggurat, and had toppled the massive statue of the stunties' bull-god, alongside Borgut Facebeater and Wurrzag. That had been a good day, even if he'd had to kill ol' Borgut later, on account of him trying to make himself boss. He missed Borgut. Not at the moment, but in general.

This post was last modified: 04-13-2015 08:05 AM by Admiral.

04-13-2015 07:54 AM
Bloodbeard

And from Felix and Gottrek: Kinslayer which is also about the End Times.

Five miles back from the East Gate and the killing fields littered with the bodies of Kurgan and Dolgan and other marauder tribes, Khorreg Hellworker watched with a grin as black as coal as a string of trolls pitched from artillery-scarred walls one by one into the Lynsk below.  Snowmelt screaming from the glowing fissures in his flesh, the daemonsmith bade the host of Zharr-Naggrund to attack.  The Dawi-Zharr were a patient and stubborn race, but the Troll King had denied them all for long enough.  At his word, the sky whined with a sudden onslaught of rockets and shells.  The walls of Praag shook to their foundation stones under the onslaught as block after block of remorseless heavy infantry marched on.

pp375-6

04-13-2015 08:00 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: Scribe's Contest IIIAdmiral 04-13-2015

Excellent, Bloodbeard. Dependable as a rock and helpful to boot, as always. Takes Hat off

The text pieces about Canto could work as inspiration if anyone wants to write something about Chaos Dwarfs as important arms dealers for the End Times. There's a lot of cool and Chaotic stuff you could do with that, not to say bloody and greedy stuff.

Chaos Dwarf Writings:

This post was last modified: 04-13-2015 08:11 AM by Admiral.

04-13-2015 08:09 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: Scribe's Contest IIIAdmiral 04-13-2015

Besides, one possible take on the End Times theme could be an entry that is one of the doom dirges that Temple Acolytes sing in Thommy's army book, including cryptic, prophetic bits of foretellings of the great and sudden fall of Zharr-Naggrund right after the Chaos Dwarf empire stood at more or less its very pinnacle of power. There are a lot that is possible to do for this theme, even if one only have a sketchy knowledge of the End Times events prior to deadline. Happy

Chaos Dwarf Writings:
04-13-2015 04:10 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: Scribe's Contest IIIAdmiral 04-19-2015

Bump for those who might have missed it: Don't miss your chance to mark the end of Chaos Dwarf history as we know it in this competition, the second instalment of CDO's End Times' run. Wink

Chaos Dwarf Writings:
04-19-2015 12:24 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1697
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x3 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018                               
RE: Scribe's Contest IIIAbecedar 04-20-2015

Well I had a small idea and left it to simmer for a while and now after a couple of days worth of spare time I'm actually almost done

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
04-20-2015 07:12 AM
Bloodbeard

RE: Scribe's Contest IIIBloodbeard 04-21-2015

Admiral is absent through the week, but I've promised to log into the SC account a couple of times. If anyone have any acute questions, they can be PM'd directly to me, untill Admiral is back.

Better start writing something myself, have a few ideas i mind.

04-21-2015 06:47 AM
Pages (3): « First [1] 2 3 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Artisan's Contest Gallery & Scribe's Contest Hall of Fame Up Now Admiral 1 1,005 09-27-2019 09:08 PM
Last Post: Reaver of Uzkulak
  Scribe's Contest XII - Winners! Admiral 12 6,026 05-04-2019 01:57 PM
Last Post: Gargolock
  Scribe's Contest XII - Voting! Admiral 11 6,036 05-01-2019 11:59 PM
Last Post: Gargolock
  Scribe's Contest XII Admiral 28 7,220 04-26-2019 10:15 PM
Last Post: Abecedar
  Scribe's Contest XI - Winners! Admiral 7 2,946 09-04-2017 06:17 PM
Last Post: Ghrask Dragh

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites