Post Reply  Post Thread 
The Bodyguard and the Sorcerer-Prophet, by Uhr-Kulmbizharr
Author MessageThe Bodyguard and the Sorcerer-Prophet, by Uhr-Kulmbizharr
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 283
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
The Bodyguard and the Sorcerer-Prophet, by Uhr-KulmbizharrAdmiral 05-11-2015

The Bodyguard and the Sorcerer-Prophet, by Uhr-Kulmbizharr

Once upon a time, there was a bodyguard who served his revered Sorcerer-Prophet every waking hour of life. One day, the Sorcerer-Prophet was travelling with his entourage through the wilderness, when a mob of Goblin slingers ambushed them. Hesitating out of fear of death, the bodyguard raised his shield to protect himself, yet did not step forward at once to cover his liege from the barrage of stone and lead clumps. The Sorcerer-Prophet survived unscathed, yet his bodyguard was mortally wounded by several slingshots. The bodyguard lay dying.

"Strip him of arms and armour, then tie his body behind one of the oxen and let it drag on the ground. When we get back, we will throw it into the River Ruin without funerary rites," said the Sorcerer-Prophet.

"But my lord, I have served you my whole life! Would you deny me my afterlife by drowning my corpse?" asked the bodyguard.

"Yes I would. When you failed to shield me at once with your own body, your fate was forfeit. What use is there for lessers who would not sacrifice themselves for their betters within a heartbeat? To hell with you!" replied the Sorcerer-Prophet. For such is the fate of those whose fear and doubt would hinder them to serve their masters completely.

- The Bodyguard and the Sorcerer-Prophet, by Daemonsmith Uhr-Kulmbizharr the Blind, the renowned Chaos Dwarf author of fable stories during the foundation of Zharr-Naggrund

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXXI - Voting Deadline 22nd of November ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.

This post was last modified: 05-29-2018 04:39 AM by Admiral.

05-11-2015 11:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Condemned and the Sorcerer-Prophet, by Uhr-Kulmbizharr Admiral 0 849 01-26-2015 10:14 AM
Last Post: Admiral

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites