Pages (4): « First [1] 2 3 4 Next > Last »
1 Votes - 5 Average   8th Edition chaos dwarf battlereports [16/6/29 vs. O&G)]
Author Message8th Edition chaos dwarf battlereports [16/6/29 vs. O&G)]
TheHoodedMan
The Black Scourge

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 366
Golden Hat - Bronze x3 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Dark Apostle - Bronze Best General - 2015 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best General - 2017                               
8th Edition chaos dwarf battlereports [16/6/29 vs. O&G)]TheHoodedMan 06-01-2015

In this thread I plan to give it a try and write unregularly some  battle reports with photographs. I hope next battle will be on wednesday, so stay tuned Wink

Table of Contents

Battle against Orcs 6/15 2500 pts. posts #5,6
Battle against High Elves 11/6/15 2500 pts posts #14+
Battle against Vanilla Dwarfs 2/7/15 2500 pts.

This post was last modified: 07-01-2016 01:55 AM by TheHoodedMan.

06-01-2015 09:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 834
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: de bello nani mali - Hood`s home battlesBloodbeard 06-02-2015

Great! You making a new thread, with a post #1 without any content - that is  like a binding contract. Looking forward to reading some more battle reports.

06-02-2015 02:42 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1715
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018 Artisan's Contest Bronze x4                               
RE: de bello nani mali - Hood`s home battlesAbecedar 06-02-2015

Aha! "Like a binding contract"
Would soon be "A binding contract"
And then expectations would be astronomical

Last Time(s) I Bled for my Hobby  =  Fri 13th March 2020
27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time(s) I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
06-02-2015 03:11 AM
TheHoodedMan
The Black Scourge

Golden Hat - Bronze x3 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Dark Apostle - Bronze Best General - 2015 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best General - 2017                               
RE: de bello nani mali - Hood`s home battlesTheHoodedMan 06-02-2015

Ok, I see I delivered you a opportunity to put some pressure on me Wink.
I`ll make an addition in the thread title Cheers!.

06-02-2015 03:41 AM
TheHoodedMan
The Black Scourge

RE: de bello nani mali - Hood`s home battles [no content yet :-)]TheHoodedMan 06-02-2015

This is my planned list for the upcoming game against orcs.
It`s a local league game with tournament restrictions (German Combat, international version can be pdf downloaded here: http://www.tabletopwelt.de/index.php?/to...combat-81/).

edit:
Ok, battle`s over, you can read it one post down.

My changed list was:

General, lvl 4 hashut, bale taurus, black hammer, preservation, enchanted sh.
DS lvl 1 fire, charmed shield, scroll
BSB, Great Weapon, Armor of Bazherak the Cruel, Dawnstone
Hobgoblin Khan on Wolf

27 Infernal Guard, Great W., full command, flame banner
20 Hobgoblins, Bows, Musician
23 Hobgoblins, Shields, Musician, Standard

2 Death Shrieker
1 Iron Demon
1 k`daii Destroyer

His list was (as far as I remember):

Black Orc General, Armor with 4+ ward save, Great Obsidian (MR 3)
Savage Orc BSB, Great Weapon
Lvl 4 Savage Orc Shaman, Head to enhance savage orc ward save to 5+, preservation
lvl 2 night goblin shaman, scroll
lvl 2 night goblin shaman
goblin hero on wolf, flame ward

37 savage orc elite, full command
37 savage orc
about 30 night goblins with 2 fanatics
about 45 night goblins
1 Troll
1 Troll
2 Chain Squigs
1 Stone thrower
2 goblin suicide catapults (kamikatas)

The run of the battle begins in the next post.

This post was last modified: 06-04-2015 07:59 AM by TheHoodedMan.

06-02-2015 07:36 AM
TheHoodedMan
The Black Scourge

RE: de bello nani mali - Hood`s home battles [no content yet :-)]TheHoodedMan 06-04-2015

Deployment:

We first alternated in placing terrain pieces. He chose to part the battlefield through placing of the 2 houses.
I won sides and chose the side with the hill in the corner from where my death shriekers had open shots.

Magic:
I had the fireball on the lvl1 and Signature Spell, Curse of Hashut, Burning Wrath and Ashstorm on the prophet which was definitely ok.

He had the array of the usual orc spells.

Orcs:
war machines distributed at the edge, 2 savage orc blocks in the middle of the open field, flanked by one nightgoblin mob. All orc chars at the stronger savage orcs, nightgoblin shamans distributed.
chain squigs and trolls at his left flank.

chaos dwarfs:
war machines at hill. Hobgoblins vis a vis with the strong orc bus (delay them), IG behind them, ID and Destroyer on the right flank for repositioning or engaging the softer orc block. General on bale in good middle position.

Orcs won first turn:

All orcs advanced, trolls stupid (placed out of generals range), chain squigs moved behind cover of the buildings forward.
magic phase 10 energy dice (5 and 5). Goblin shaman put damage to the hobgoblin archers (6 gone), Orc shaman put an enhancement spell on himself.
2 war machines did no damage, 1 catapult killed 4 further hobgoblins.

Chaos dwarfs:
Hobgoblin Khan placed to redirect softer orc mob. Destroyer and iron demon in position to attack. General in casting range for ashstorm on the strong orc mob.
Magic phase 8 or 9 dice. "Only" hatred on the destroyer :-).
Rockets hit the strong mob, 4 savage orcs killed, other double misfire (but luckily only this round shooting gone). Iron demon killed 1 savage orc.

-------------------------------------------------------

2nd Turn:
Orcs:
Destroyer managed toughness test. 2 savage orc blocks squabbled and both couldn`t move (bad luck for the orcs and probably decicive for furher turns). So he moved only little with the rest, only the chain squigs moved fast forward and were already in a good position. trolls one stupid, other blocked by own troops.
Magic: the shaman invoked the power of mork and gork and vanished in a nuclear blast. He took away the main part of the little goblin unit and vanished in the 10th dimension. The spell reduced movement of the hobgoblin archers by 1.
War machines not very effective but killed about half of the shielded hobgoblins. stone thrower hit K`daii but no wound (rolled 1).

Chaos dwarfs:
Attack! Destroyer and Iron Demon in the softer orc mob (about 33 now). Khan moved sideways to delay hard orc block. General slightly forward for various charging options.
Magic: hatred on the infernal guard, curse on the shaman but no effect (4 rolled - 5 toughness: 0 hits).
War machine: One shrieker killed further savage orcs. Other missed stonethrower (again). Archers killed two savage orcs (hell yeah!).
Melee: Devastating damage on the orc mob. Impact hits, blazing fire, 9 destroyer attacks with hatred-rerolls: About half of the block gone, but steadfast).

------------------------------------------------

orcs turn 3

Orcs moved forward a little bit, didn`t want to charge the khan. Only the enhancement spell on the Orc shaman (Fists of...) got through, which was banned before. Especially an attempt to kill the Khan was not successful.
shooting was not relevant. Misfire destroyed one of the suicide catapults.
Only 9 orcs left of the fighting savage orc mob.

chaos dwarfs turn 3

General on bale charged the softer orc mob in addition to the destroyer and iron demon which was too much for them. All orcs dead and the Generals mount overran (shown in pic). Iron demon 4 life left, Destroyer 5 life left.
Not much shooting damage again and magic resulted in a further breath of hatred on the General and his mount and (!) a 2d6 fireball against the small goblins and terminated these (fanatics were not triggered and now lost).
The Khan moved away from the orc character bus and sacrificed himself in a heroic move against the red painted chain squigs (squig and khan destroyed).
hobgoblins moved forward to block the 10wide orc char bus and the remaining night goblin block.

-----------------------------------------------------------

orcs turn 4

Now the orcs hit back. The night goblins and orc char bus charged the two hobgoblin units. The chain squig moved through destroyer and general on bale and did 2 points of damage to the K`daii and 3 to the taurus (rider unharmed). One of the trolls was positioned in the flank of the destroyer to prevent him turn.
Magic was not relevant and shooting did no damage to the destroyer.
In close combat the savage orcs destroyed the hobgoblin archers and overran into the other combat nightgoblins/shield hobgoblins. The shield hobgoblins were destroyed. The savage orcs reformed in direction of the destroyer, the nightgoblins overran into the infernal guard hoping to tarpit them.

chaos dwarfs turn 4

Bale taurus moved into position near the remaining savage orcs char bus. Iron demon moved a few inches forward for a shooting position on the chain squig. Destroyer was delayed by the troll in the flank and had to march forward then turn and come back.
Magic: Fireball killed one troll.
Shooting: The breath weapon of the bale was devastating and killed lots of savage orcs. Iron demon shot the chain squig down.
Close combat goblins against infernal guard: shaman and 10 goblins and 1 infernal guard down, goblins steadfast.

--------------------------------------------------------

Orcs turn 5 and End of the game

The remaining char bus attacks the destroyer in a desperate attempt to gain some points. Magic and shooting without a relevant effect.
The orc char bus manages to kill the destroyer through combat resolution (Waagh!) and instability.
The Infernal guard beats the night goblin block which isn`t steadfast anymore and flees. The infernal guard mow them down and get in charging position against the remaining orcs.

After that Tom tried successfully to save some points and distributed his chars between the two buildings. We played 6 turns, no time limit.

orc general, Battle standard, shaman and 2 war machines survived (5 models, but more than 800 pts, at last Tom had a little bit of luck in saving his chars).
On chaos dwarf side all hobgoblins and the destroyer were killed.

1670:621,5 for the chaos dwarfs (which means a 16:4 in the 20 points which are distributed in each game).

A high win with some luck at the dice for me. Always a good time with the orc player Tom, a very nice guy and good sportsman.

This post was last modified: 06-05-2015 05:33 AM by TheHoodedMan.

06-04-2015 07:58 AM
TheHoodedMan
The Black Scourge

RE: de bello nani mali - Hood`s home battles [first battle against orcs]TheHoodedMan 06-04-2015

Some thoughts:
My plan was to bring the the iron demon to stop his savage orc block and the Bale taurus to catch his chariots and war machines.
Tom crossed my plans with bringing two orc blocks and I had to adjust and I had luck with the dice.
Next time I`ll bring two or three khans for redirecting, triggering of fanatics and killing the highly dangerous chain squigs!
Feedback welcome.

This post was last modified: 06-04-2015 04:29 PM by TheHoodedMan.

06-04-2015 04:29 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018 Artisan's Contest Bronze x4                               
RE: de bello nani mali - Hood`s home battles [first battle against orcs]Abecedar 06-04-2015

Nicely done on the report.  So is Tom your opponent again next wednesday?

Last Time(s) I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
06-04-2015 09:05 PM
TheHoodedMan
The Black Scourge

RE: de bello nani mali - Hood`s home battles [first battle against orcs]TheHoodedMan 06-05-2015

Thanks, no, we played three games now, roughly 4 or 5 months apart, our usual league games, 2500 pts now, 8 players. In the league we play two games against each other, one at home and one on the road :-) with possibility to switch armies for all 2nd round games. I finished the first round on 4th place and stayed with CD for the next 7 games.
Other armies are Tom`s Orcs, High Elves, Wood Elves, Dwarfs, Ogres, Lizardmen and Bretonnians. The best players til now are the High Elf (avg. 16.0 points/game) and Bretonnian (avg. 14.5 points/game). Myself averages at 11.0 pts a game at the moment and I try to improve this :-).
Next wednesday I`ll play an informal game Happy against a guy I don`t know yet, he probably will bring high elves. I`ll report from that if there`s time.

I will try to better format the above report, but there will be no editing or symbols/arrows in the pics, too much work then.

This post was last modified: 06-07-2015 02:40 AM by TheHoodedMan.

06-05-2015 01:58 AM
Miasma
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 156
Scribe's Contest Bronze                               
RE: de bello nani mali - Hood`s home battles [first battle against orcs]Miasma 06-05-2015

Good report and congratulations on the victory, also I must say that it is really nice to see two nicely painted armies in a battle report. When is your game versus the Bretonnians?

5th Edition Chaos Dwarf Army Log
Eeeew Elves
06-05-2015 02:36 AM
TheHoodedMan
The Black Scourge

RE: de bello nani mali - Hood`s home battles [first battle against orcs]TheHoodedMan 06-05-2015

Thank you. The bretonnians are scheduled in game 4 or 5, next league game is against dwarfs (I`m afraid they will not be completely painted, their player is a notorious lazy painter), probably beginning of July.
But high elves, ogres and lizardmen are definitely completely painted, Brets I don`t know but I hope so Wink (he played first round with Empire).
I hope we will play all games after the publishing of 9th edition.

06-05-2015 02:55 AM
Galka
Slave

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 6

RE: de bello nani mali - Hood`s home battles [first battle against orcs]Galka 06-05-2015

Hi,

you put me under real pressure now, to fully paint my Lizards. Happy
It's not that they are not painted but i still need to complete the work at the bases. Also i have some work with washes left. But now you gave me the opportunity to complete my work on my Lizards. Thanks for that. Wink Can't wait for our match. Oh and again congratulation for the victory against Tom. I'll try to give you a hard time against my Lizardmen. See you soon.

Greetings J.

06-05-2015 06:28 PM
TheHoodedMan
The Black Scourge

RE: de bello nani mali - Hood`s home battles [first battle against orcs]TheHoodedMan 06-06-2015

Hi Galka, great you checked the thread and made an accountCheers!.

06-06-2015 02:48 AM
TheHoodedMan
The Black Scourge

RE: de bello nani mali - Hood`s home battles [first battle against orcs]TheHoodedMan 06-10-2015

Today is a battle planned against an High Elf player. I adjusted the above list a little bit as I don`t know him yet (I saved some points and got them in a 2nd Khan on Wolf to have an additional redirector, I really like the ID and the Armor of Bazherak/Dawnstone Combo on the BSB, kinda feels a little bit safer against some damage spells on my main block).

General, lvl 4 hashut, bale taurus, preservation, enchanted sh., scepter of stability
DS lvl 1 fire,  scroll
BSB, Great Weapon, Armor of Bazherak the Cruel, Dawnstone
2 x Hobgoblin Khan on Wolf

25 Infernal Guard, Great W., full command, no magic banner
21 Hobgoblins, Bows, Musician
20 Hobgoblins, Shields, Musician

2 Death Shrieker
1 Iron Demon
1 k`daii Destroyer

The High Elf player Martin lives nearby and that is our first match:

He brought the following troops (completely very good painted I`ve to say):

1 General on flame phoenix (sword +3 attacks, potion of strength, enchanted shield, ward save due to phoenix)
1 sorcerer lvl  2 (scroll, charmed shield, IRONCURSE ICON, dragon armor) on sun dragon
1 frost phoenix
20 phoenix guard s,m
over 20 sword masters, s,m, world dragon banner
2 x 5 light cavalry, spears
2 x 10 silver helms, s, m

The list seemed not highly competitive and was a little bit unusual without any musicians and BSB, but he placed a good midfield rank at the last tournament with it a few weeks before.

We played with the same tournament restrictions as my game before (Combat: http://www.tabletopwelt.de/index.php?/to...combat-81/)

He had two fire spells:
The blades and the flame aura.

My son rolled good for me: Ashstorm and 3 times 5 and I took Curse, Burning Wrath and Breath of Hatred and as usual the fireball for the lvl 1.

This post was last modified: 06-11-2015 02:12 AM by TheHoodedMan.

06-10-2015 01:50 AM
TheHoodedMan
The Black Scourge

RE: de bello nani mali - Hood`s home battles [first battle against orcs]TheHoodedMan 06-10-2015

CHAOS DWARFS VS. HIGH ELVES

Martin placed the terrain pieces, he had brought some terrain of his own. Myself won side choice and I choose the side with one open quarter of the battle field that I could shoot a little bit with my rockets (he had no shooting).

He deployed wide and hid his monsters behind hills and buildings and out of range of the war machines.

Chaos Dwarfs had first turn.

First turn was very ok. Magic: Hatred on the Guard and the Ashstorm on the silver helms. After moving I could shoot at some light cavalry with the ID and killed 3 (panic test was ok). One rocket hit the swordmasters and killed 9 (!).

He moved into position and brought the two chars on my left flank forward, light riders blocked the ID, and the frost phoenix and the light cavalry tried to prevent a charge of the CD General on the silver helms there. He had turned them so that my General would hit them from the side.

Turn2:
Chaos Dwarfs: General attacks the light cavalry: Flee reaction (terror test failed) through the frost phoenix. Panic check phoenix failed (rolled 10), luck for me. Both flee behind the hill.
Attack redirected against the silver helm flank.
Iron Demon in remaining 2 light riders. Destroyer positioned on hill for good view :-).
Magic: I think he used the scroll against an Ashstorm.
Shooting: Two doom rockets hit dragon and flame phoenix riders but no effect ! (dragon rider charmed shield, dragon ironcurse icon (rolled 6), to-wound-rolls general and flame phoenix both rolled 1s)
Silver helms loose combat against CD general on bale taurus and flee off the table. General reforms.

frosty and light cavalry look still away from the field. Bale taurus reformed after pressing the silver helms off table.

High Elfes: Frost phoenix and light riders rally. Flank movement. Infantry repositioned. Further move on the flank, silver helms come before the destroyer (facing him, not like in the pic).

Turn 3:
Chaos Dwarfs: Destroyer charges at the silver helms, but the cowardly elves flee (;-)). Charge failed, destroyer stands in open field (what a mistake). Iron demon shoots unsuccessfully on dragonrider. CD General flies near the frost phoenix in an attempt to kill it with magic. Khan blocks the rear side of the fleeing silver helms.
Magic: Now hatred on the General and his mount, but Curse of Hashut no effect on the frost phoenix, Burning Wrath was dispelled.
Shooting: Nearly no effect. Two shots at swordmasters far off, one hit accidentally the phoenix guard and killed 3 or 4. One further phoenix guard hit by the hobgoblin archers.
No combat:

High Elves: A very good round for the High Elves.
Flame phoenix rider charges destroyer. Dragon rider and swordmasters hit the iron demon. Light riders and frost phoenix moved to middle of the board. Silver helms rallied but could not turn in direction of my infantry because of a hobgoblin khan positioned behind them.
I was so rattled, I forgot to take pics ;-).
Destroyer lost the fight by 2, due to instability he lost altogether 4 wounds (!). ID lost 3 life on the swordmasters in turn 1 (they had the banner of the world dragon) and took out only 1.

Turn 4:
Chaos Dwarfs: Destroyer failed toughness test (burning bright) and was gone. CD General now turned to  the frost phoenix and positioned himself near the back of the phoenix guard which was blocked in the front by a hobgoblin khan. Hobgoblin archers in position.
Magic: No relevant effect.
Shooting: Flame attack of bale kills about 5 phoenix guard (he rocks), Archers hit nothing, rockets hit nothing.

High Elves: Phoenix rider attacks Hobgoblin with shields. Frost phoenix and Light cavalry attack Hobgoblin archers.
Archers take heavy casualties but stand (steadfast), Other hobgoblins would have been steadfast but too far from the CD general, failed two times the check at "6"  and were hacked down from the flame phoenix which moved forward out of the attack area of the IG. Now I had recovered from my shock and took a pic again :-):

Ouch! That hurt. Destroyer gone, ID down to 1 life (indicated by the yellow die), one Hobgoblin block slain by the High Elf general.

Turn 5:

Chaos Dwarfs: CD General attacks frost phoenix from behind. Ashstorm at frost phoenix successful. IG only slightly repositioned.
Misfire on rocket launcher, destroyed (rolled 1, mistake, false die rerolled).
Bale Taurus kills frost phoenix due to Bale taurus double damage from Ashstorm, General overruns until stopped by own hobgoblin archers.

High Elves: General on flame phoenix attacks hobgoblin archers from behind. Dragon rider wizard attacks infernal guard (risky).
Hobgoblins terminated, High Elf general overrun blocked by own light cavalry.
Dragon kills some IG, but looses 2 life. IG steadfast.

Turn 6 and end of the game:

CD General countercharges dragon rider and together with infernal guard manages to kill mount and rider as well as rest of swordmasters.
Demonsmith miscasts and dies by sorcerer`s curse.
High Elf general on flame phoenix destroys second rocket launcher.

CD: General on Taurus, Infernal guard and BSB alive.
High Elves: General on phoenix, some light cavalry, some phoenix guard and 1 silver helms alive, about 1500:1200 for the CD.

A nice game and a very fair opponent who didn`t save points at the end but gave me a chance to recover what actually happened at the end.

This post was last modified: 06-12-2015 08:36 AM by TheHoodedMan.

06-10-2015 06:46 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

RE: de bello nani mali - Hood`s home battles [first battle against orcs]Abecedar 06-11-2015

Thanks again, for another interesting report.

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
06-11-2015 12:32 AM
TheHoodedMan
The Black Scourge

RE: de bello nani mali - Hood`s home battles [first battle against orcs]TheHoodedMan 06-11-2015

Thanks. I made some additions in important details and tried to clarify some things better.
Now that I count again I think we played 7 turns altogether Wink.

Nota bene:
Normally I don`t play the Bale Taurus, but the general on him was the game winner two times. The breath weapon is devastating.
The monster itself is no match for an elf lord on a dragon but can help in lots of other fights. The flying ability makes the lore of Hashut much better because you can move into position.

Two Khans are great.

This post was last modified: 06-12-2015 08:29 AM by TheHoodedMan.

06-11-2015 02:06 AM
Bloodbeard

Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: de bello nani mali - Hood`s home battles [first battle against orcs]Bloodbeard 06-11-2015

Thanks for another great report. Good that your army is seeing some battle. I miss playing some Warhammer, it's been months. So this is very nice, get a fix this way.

Seems like the forum in general is suffering from "come on already 9th" fatigue.

06-11-2015 02:11 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TheHoodedMan
The Black Scourge

RE: de bello nani mali - Hood`s home battles [first battle against orcs]TheHoodedMan 06-11-2015

Bloodbeard Wrote:
Thanks for another great report. Good that your army is seeing some battle. I miss playing some Warhammer, it's been months. So this is very nice, get a fix this way.

Seems like the forum in general is suffering from "come on already 9th" fatigue.

Thank you. My impression is the same, that many people are less active at the moment. 9th casts it shadows already and summertime is rushing in. I`ll try to make a painting pledge for July, some models are already prepared ;-) to prevent myself from getting tired.

06-11-2015 02:20 AM
Bloodbeard

RE: de bello nani mali - Hood`s home battles [first battle against orcs]Bloodbeard 06-11-2015

TheHoodedMan Wrote:
Thanks. I made some additions in important details and tried to clarify some things better.
Now that I count again I think we played 7 turns altogether Wink.

Nota bene:
Normally I don`t play the Bale Taurus, but the general on him was the game winner two times. The breath weapon is devastating.
The monster itself is no match for an elf lord on a dragon but can help in lots of other fights. The flying ability makes the lore of Hashut much better because you can move into position.

Two Khans are great.

And the Prophet on Bale Taurus is so much cooler than the Princeling on Phoenix!

Regarding updating the look of the post, writing big battle reports takes a lot of time. So make sure to post them more than one place (mine are also posted on a Danish forum and Mantic Forum). Perhaps share with your opponent. Have I played against HE he shares it on Ulthuan, against VC he shares on Carpe Noctem. So I always have some links leading back to CDO in the post. I just copy the entire phpbb text into notepad and share the .txt with them. So they can make a nice post themselves.

Marking the turns in bold is a great thing. A nice big and bold headline works good. Perhaps with a smaller headline underneath 2400 pts vs High Elves - Battle of Fliers.

Make sure to change the topic name of the post so it's not just "RE: de belle nani mali..." because google will pick up on the headlines and subjects. Might as well help yourself to be picked up when people search the web for battle  reports.

The (hr) with [] instead of () is great.

Makes from some nice breaks between turns, intro, before your last comments etc. For me it makes for a more pleasant read across the different platforms.

I play Warhammer for the epic battles and stories unfolding. So I try to incoorperate some fluff written in italic or some feelings throughout the text.

Or some small texts descriping what's happening in the pictures. Like this 1st pictures showing up when searching google for "picture".

Nice overview pictures are great for following the battle. But with beautifully painted miniatures, deserves some close up pictures. Like a bale eating a phoenix.

Hope it helps.

Takes Hat off

This post was last modified: 06-11-2015 02:35 AM by Bloodbeard.

06-11-2015 02:29 AM
Pages (4): « First [1] 2 3 4 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  BAD BATTLEREPORTS (9th Age) MadHatter 3 3,302 03-11-2020 12:11 PM
Last Post: MadHatter
  Underground wars (T9A infernal dwarves battlereports - Demons of Lust vs. ID)) TheHoodedMan 37 13,473 08-26-2016 02:26 AM
Last Post: Carcearion
  Rickie's battlereports Rickie 3 3,651 09-29-2013 10:56 PM
Last Post: Rickie

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites