Post Reply  Post Thread 
Fire Glaives where have you been my entire life.
Author MessageFire Glaives where have you been my entire life.
Geist
Bull Centaur Hero

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 375

Fire Glaives where have you been my entire life.Geist 06-17-2015

So I just got done playing at moon shine an INDY GT here in Texas and I have to say I recant all I have said about them.

I used my blunderbusses as fire glaives and wow just wow.  They just rip stuff to pieces.  All this time I have been worried about loosing bodies when in fact it doesnt matter.

I think I will be taking a unit of them that is bigger than my 35 I run now.  I think a unit of 50ish will work for me.  Give them the AP banner, BSB for the stubborn and let em rip tatter chip.

06-17-2015 02:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sam585
Bull Centaur

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 199

RE: Fire Glaives where have you been my entire life.sam585 06-17-2015

What were they fighting? What situations arose? If 35 did the job why take more?

06-17-2015 05:16 AM
TheHoodedMan
The Black Scourge

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 302
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Dark Apostle - Bronze Best General - 2015 Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Fire Glaives where have you been my entire life.TheHoodedMan 06-17-2015

35 and razor banner - awesome Takes Hat off.
In most of my game surroundings I could play max. 23 or 24 (450 pts. unit limit).

Please vote on the community awards 2016:
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=16881

The Prophets` bodyguard - Army blog

This post was last modified: 06-17-2015 05:59 AM by TheHoodedMan.

06-17-2015 05:58 AM
MadHatter
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 237
Scribe's Contest Silver Best General - 2014 Scribe's Contest Bronze                               
RE: Fire Glaives where have you been my entire life.MadHatter 06-17-2015

I much prefer the blunderbusses to the fireglaives but it depends on match-up. If one has a problem with knights or warriors then fireglaives and AP gives them options to both rip knights and kill off chaff... in all other cases blunderbusses all the way Takes Hat off

May your hat be tall and your beard ever coiled.
MadHatter's 90's Big Hats Blog!
06-17-2015 06:05 AM
TheHoodedMan
The Black Scourge

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 302
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Dark Apostle - Bronze Best General - 2015 Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Fire Glaives where have you been my entire life.TheHoodedMan 06-17-2015

It depends not only on the (possible) matchups but also on the rest of your army and on the comp system you`re playing if you`re bound to one.
For me all equipment options have their advantages and the fireglaives are not worse than one of the other options.

Please vote on the community awards 2016:
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=16881

The Prophets` bodyguard - Army blog
06-17-2015 07:09 AM
Geist
Bull Centaur Hero

RE: Fire Glaives where have you been my entire life.Geist 06-17-2015

What did I fight against?  Lets see if I can recall everything I have had to go against over last weekend and pick ups this past tuesday over at the store.
Wild riders who they shot up good on the charge.
Temple guard with the frenzy banner beefed up with spells killed them off to a man with spell help thank you glittering robes.

Those two games were with AP banner.
With flaming banner they went up against.
Best a gors with great weapons and mark of nurlge shot and punched them to death.
Three arachnoic spiders killing two of them thanks to hell cannons thumping them hard before combat was met.  Died to last one with shaman on it as he got lucky and kiled my lord with the skull wand.
More beast men.
At least one shaggoth, which they shot to pieces.
In all said and done they fought hard and kick ass like pros.  Those gun shots help with the ouch factor.
Why 50ish instead of 35?  First off more wounds to not care about.  Harder to make me loose combat effectiveness when I have another 15 or so bodies.
I use to firmly belive in the power of the blunderbuss, trust me I have written countless topics threads comments about how they are better.  I tell you now I was wrong.  Blunderbusses are good for soft targets.  But glaives have that needed hand to hand punch that kicks before ASL along with long range bad touch.  Range 18 with move and shot is nasty lil kick.  But the big pick up is being able to murder things once in hand to hand.

06-17-2015 06:24 PM
Geist
Bull Centaur Hero

RE: Fire Glaives where have you been my entire life.Geist 06-17-2015

TheHoodedMan Wrote:
It depends not only on the (possible) matchups but also on the rest of your army and on the comp system you`re playing if you`re bound to one.
For me all equipment options have their advantages and the fireglaives are not worse than one of the other options.

Sure comp is a factor but most local comp doesnt really care too much.  Comp in the swedish system does not effect glaives in the least.  The only thing that cares about is how many guys do you have and do they have great weapons.  So sure I would take a minor hit with taking 50ish.

06-17-2015 06:27 PM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites