Pages (4): « First [1] 2 3 4 Next > Last »
Chaos Dwarfs - Age of Sigmar
Author MessageChaos Dwarfs - Age of Sigmar
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 444
Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best Contributor - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
Chaos Dwarfs - Age of SigmarThommy H 07-05-2015

Without further ado...

I rather like the modularity of Age of Sigmar, and there's been discussion in some threads about Forge World making warscrolls for Chaos Dwarfs, which should be forthcoming in the next month or two. Well, never one content to wait, I decided to have a crack at my own.

Now, I'm as new to this system as anyone, and I'm still working my way through all the official warscrolls, but I think I have the basic limits and conventions figured out. There are some neat little bits and pieces in the AoS rules - it's way cleverer than people are giving it credit for, with a lot of emergent synergies: they're just not front-loaded in the basic rules. You have to be a bit more familiar with the rules for individual units to make sense of it as a game.

What's presented here is my 8th Edition army book, translated into an AoS Warscroll Compendium, such as those available on the GW website as of...uh...yesterday.

Damn, how quick am I? It feels like longer than that...

Anyway, you can field Legion of Azgorh armies from this too, more or less, so have a look and see if it makes any sense to you. Some of it might be a bit shaky, and there are almost certainly typos lurking around, but it'd be good to get your thoughts.

Okay, so that was some ado I guess.

Current version - 11 (updated 12 august 2015)

Serial Writist - lots and lots of short fiction, written by me, regularly updated.

My models:
The Legion of Astragoth | The Dark Crusade of Mousillon | The Destroyer Cult | Les Défenseurs du Béniterre | Storm Over Béniterre | Force Belial

My rules:
Chaos Dwarfs Warscroll Compendium

This post was last modified: 08-12-2015 05:41 PM by Thommy H.

07-05-2015 07:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 832
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: Chaos Dwarfs - Age of SigmarBloodbeard 07-05-2015

Thommy H Wrote:
Damn, how quick am I? It feels like longer than that...

Quick enough to not play test it one bit - but then I don't think all the other Warhammer Warscrolls has been tested either.

Thanks for this Thommy H, for those wanting to play AoS this i perfect!

Sending you some well deserved slaves.

07-05-2015 08:21 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best Contributor - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Chaos Dwarfs - Age of SigmarThommy H 07-05-2015

Playtesting is overrated!

Serial Writist - lots and lots of short fiction, written by me, regularly updated.

My models:
The Legion of Astragoth | The Dark Crusade of Mousillon | The Destroyer Cult | Les Défenseurs du Béniterre | Storm Over Béniterre | Force Belial

My rules:

07-05-2015 08:24 PM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 423
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Chaos Dwarfs - Age of SigmarXander 07-05-2015

Fast work indeed! Well done, Thommy!

Follow CDO on Twitter: Twitter
07-05-2015 09:08 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zuh-Khinie
Bull Centaur

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 335

RE: Chaos Dwarfs - Age of SigmarZuh-Khinie 07-06-2015

Hey Thommy, well done and many thanks for your work!

However, I do have a few questions/remarks after skimming through the pdf a first time (if you don't mind):
- What use are blunderbusses? Fireglaives look like the better option all round. Maybe you could give them a better rend-value to make them worthwile vs fireglaives?
- Why don't Immortals get blackshard armour?

My army blog Cheers!
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=10136

07-06-2015 07:13 AM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

RE: Chaos Dwarfs - Age of SigmarThommy H 07-06-2015

Yeah, good spot with the blunderbusses actually - the Blunderbuss Blast ability only makes them the same as the Fireglaive except in massive units! I'll revise that - maybe let them do more Attacks instead.

Immortals don't get Blackshard armour because they just don't! The whole army wears Chaos armour, but Infernal Guard have a little bonus to theirs because of the rituals they undergo.

My models:

My rules:

07-06-2015 07:51 AM
nilbog
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Market Rep: 5
Slaves: 115

RE: Chaos Dwarfs - Age of Sigmarnilbog 07-06-2015

Blimey, that was quick. I particularly like the Glory of Zharr ability for the icon bearer - that seems to be getting into the spirit of AoS!

Nilbog's Chaos Dwarf blog      
07-06-2015 10:10 AM
Tarrakk Blackhand
Tarrakk Blackhand LIVES!!!

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 637
Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Chaos Dwarfs - Age of SigmarTarrakk Blackhand 07-06-2015

Thommy H - you are the MAN! Thank-you for letting me come back into Chaos Dwarfs and play using the new AoS Warscrolls. Now I'm off to the basement to get painting and such!

I sure like AoS...it just gives so much flexability to everything...no more having to withhold characters or units because of 8th ed restrictions and such...now it's full-bore fun. I can even write better "Story-based" campaigns and such.

Next question - does anyone have any ideas for some Chaos Dwarf Scenery rules?

Amaze your friends when you post your Chaos Dwarf model pictures on our forum at http://www.monster-hobbies.com today!
07-06-2015 01:42 PM
Tarrakk Blackhand
Tarrakk Blackhand LIVES!!!

Slaves: 637
Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Chaos Dwarfs - Age of SigmarTarrakk Blackhand 07-06-2015

Ps...@ Thommy H - Do you realize you are the "Official" Chaos Dwarf Rules for Monster Hobbies? - well, not personally, but I mean to say that your rule set is the one I'm allowing people to play with...that person, so far, is myself! Big Grin

Amaze your friends when you post your Chaos Dwarf model pictures on our forum at http://www.monster-hobbies.com today!
07-06-2015 01:52 PM
Timothy Archer
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 154

RE: Chaos Dwarfs - Age of SigmarTimothy Archer 07-06-2015

Brilliant work. Thank you very much

07-06-2015 01:57 PM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Thanks, everyone.

I've updated the attachment in the first post. Some minor wording and formatting errors have been corrected, and rules-wise I've fixed the blunderbusses (they now do D3 damage) and added one of those "silly" opponent interaction rules to Gorduz's warscroll. The Iron Daemon's Boiler Move rule has also been clarified slightly. I think that's it!

My models:

My rules:

07-06-2015 02:41 PM
Timothy Archer
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Is it too much to ask....

It could be great to have rules for swivel gun, bazooka team, tenderiser ....

Thank you for all this work anyway

😵

07-06-2015 02:46 PM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

The tenderiser's in as the Doom Harness (with Piston-mounted Hellhammers). I've never done rules for the others but maybe I'll give the Skaven weapon teams a look and see if it gives me any ideas.

Not having to make space in a book or fill bestiary pages for every new unit is very liberating, btw...

My models:

My rules:

07-06-2015 02:52 PM
Timothy Archer
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Super cool thanks 😊

07-06-2015 03:00 PM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Sorry, another update: I forgot to put some formations at the end. You can now use a Legion of Zharr or a Doom Convoy with your collection!

My models:

My rules:

07-06-2015 05:28 PM
cornixt
Brewer of Daemonic Beer

Slaves: 1303
Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Attitude - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Chaos Dwarfs - Age of Sigmarcornixt 07-08-2015

I mocked up this little card-sized version and was going to ask you to do the whole army like it, but then I realised that if it was just in classic army summary style (page at the back of the army book with every unit stat and named special rules) that it would actually be so much better. You don't have to do either though, this is just my way of getting out my frustrations with the awfully inconvenient warscrolls format.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

There's a lot more in the wiki than you think, check out the wiki contents

Like a Great Taurus in a Cathay shop.

"No Mr Bond, I expect you to k'daii."
07-08-2015 11:45 AM
Baggronor
The Forgemaster

Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 616
Army Showcase Best Contributor - 2009 Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2010 Best Contributor - 2012 Best General - 2013 Major Prize Sponsor Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Chaos Dwarfs - Age of SigmarBaggronor 07-08-2015

Well, that certainly saved me doing this Cheers! Nice one!

http://www.titanwargames.com
07-08-2015 04:22 PM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

RE: Chaos Dwarfs - Age of SigmarThommy H 07-11-2015

All right, a couple of tweaks. I've tried to resist altering too much as the last version has been downloaded over 100 times (!) and that means there'll be old versions circulating about. But, since writing a Dogs of War Compendium, I've become a lot more au fait with how Age of Sigmar phrases certain rules and how similar warscrolls work.

Apart from formatting and clarifying wording, the only significant alterations are changes to the rules for Acolytes and the Altar of Hashut, changing them from being wizards to having Abilities that trigger in a similar way to spells (basically there's no precedent in AoS for wizards that can't use Arcane Bolt or Mystic Shield, which didn't fit for either of those units). I've also added in a new unit entry for "Mortal Ordnance": the petard, bazooka and swivel gun in other words. They're basically just Skaven Weapon Teams to be honest, but there we go.

My models:

My rules:

07-11-2015 01:30 PM
Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Slaves: 72
Platinum Army Medal - 6000 PTS                               
RE: Chaos Dwarfs - Age of SigmarVantraxx the Thrice Cursed 07-15-2015

/Salute[/b]

Your blood or my blood, as long as it flows my Lord shall bless...
Warriors of Chaos
Chaos Dwarfs
Wargames, Hobby and Terrain Complex
07-15-2015 10:43 AM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

RE: Chaos Dwarfs - Age of SigmarThommy H 07-15-2015

Thanks.

Another update: a couple of re-worded rules now, but nothing major. The biggest change is the formatting, with new fonts and re-sized graphics so it looks as close as possible to the format of the other warscroll compendiums (compendia?). I doubt anyone will notice the difference, but these are the sorts of absurd little things that whirr around in my head.

My models:

My rules:

07-15-2015 05:34 PM
Pages (4): « First [1] 2 3 4 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites