Post Reply  Post Thread 
1 Votes - 5 Average   Scribe's IV, the Scrapped Attempts; The Smith's Prophecy
Author MessageScribe's IV, the Scrapped Attempts; The Smith's Prophecy
Dînadan
Sardonic Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 122
Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
Scribe's IV, the Scrapped Attempts; The Smith's ProphecyDînadan 07-31-2015

As I said elsewhere I wrote two entries in addition to the one I ultimately did enter in Scibe's IV, but couldn't use them because they were too long, so here they are for your entertainment while you mull over who to vote for.

The Smith's Prophecy

Grazkh Coaltounge stared into the hot coals and casually tossed the blade shards into the crucible.

"Why bother?" sneered Drazkha Brassfist, "The axe is broken, throw it aside."

Grazkh shook his head, not taking his eyes from the furnace.  "Symbolism is lost on you," wheezed the Daemonsmith as the metal heated up.

"Symbolism?" snorted Drazkha, rolling his eyes.

"Look into the flames.  Tell me what you see."

"Fire?"

"Nay.  I see the future and the past."

"So now you're a seer?"

"Hashut has granted me this vision," explained Grazkh, pouring Taurus blood over the molten metal.  "It is always the same and always when I reforge a weapon...it troubles me, and reassures me at the same time."

"So what do you see?" sighed the other Daemonsmith, as he set up the mould, impatient to know where this was going.

"A corrupt, broken world dying, consumed by the fires of war."

"Comforting," sneered Drazkha as his friend poured the metal into the mould.

Grazkh did not reply, instead murmuring incantations over the blade as the metal cooled.  Satisfied, he opened it up and grasping brazen tongs, removed the blade, plunging it back into the fire, before withdrawing it again and starting to hammer at it.  "I see the world die, but from its shattered remains a god forges it anew, a new world made from the old, just as from those shards I have forged a new blade." He plunged the sword into a bucket of blood, gathered from the crucified body of an overlord that had dared turn on his clan's ruling family and had failed.  "But just as this is not the first time this sword has been reforged, so to in my vision do I see an older world re shaped into ours by the gods, and six more times before that.  And just as one day this sword will be reforged, so too will the new world."

"Sounds like you're just bad at reforging weapons," laughed Drazkha, "For this to be the ninth incarnation does not bode well for it."

Grazkha shrugged, "All things die given time, what matters is whether they do their job it the time the gods allot them.  I would far rather reforge this sword a hundred times in as many years and have it slay a thousand foes each life, than reforge it once in that time and only slay a single foes once a decade."  He smiled a dark smile and without warning plunged the blade deep into Drazkha's broad chest.

"All this has happened before, and all it shall happen again," he cackled madly, as the life seeped from his friend and into the blade.

For the Glory of Uzkulak! My Chaos Dwarf blog.

07-31-2015 10:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1407
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Scribe's IV, the Scrapped Attempts; The Smith's ProphecyAbecedar 07-31-2015

I like this one. Probably would have gotten a vote

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
07-31-2015 05:33 PM
Dînadan

Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: Scribe's IV, the Scrapped Attempts; The Smith's ProphecyDînadan 07-31-2015

Thanks Abecedar.  Not sure of the ending though, just feels too random to me :/

07-31-2015 06:06 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 407
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: Scribe's IV, the Scrapped Attempts; The Smith's ProphecyAdmiral 09-19-2015

Chaos likes randomness. I like it too, well crafted text.

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXIX - Deadline 27th of January ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Chaos Dwarf Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.
09-19-2015 04:04 AM
Dînadan

RE: Scribe's IV, the Scrapped Attempts; The Smith's ProphecyDînadan 09-19-2015

Thanks Admiral.

09-19-2015 06:05 AM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Scribe's IV, The Scrapped Attempts; The Sword and the Shield Dînadan 4 1,326 07-31-2015 06:05 PM
Last Post: Dînadan

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites