Post Reply  Post Thread 
1 Votes - 5 Average   The Famished Salpetre Slave, by Zhargonidus
Author MessageThe Famished Salpetre Slave, by Zhargonidus
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 98
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
The Famished Salpetre Slave, by ZhargonidusAdmiral 08-01-2015

The Famished Salpetre Slave, by Zhargonidus

Once upon a time, there was a salpetre slave who always craved for more food. When he had dug up the urine-soaked earth floor of the cattle stables, he set hungry eyes on more mouldy bread than he was due to receive for rations. When he had hauled coal and boiled the manure soil to macerate it, he longed for more lentils. When he had added lime and ashes and boiled away the filthy water to crystallize the salpetre in the large cauldron, he tried to steal more grain porridge.

One day, the taskmaster had had enough of the salpetre slave's ravenous ways, so he set the slave to toil in a salpetre barn next to a blackpowder mill, where the slave was to receive no rations for seven days and seven nights. The salpetre slave hauled and mixed soil, lime, manure and waste from creatures and plants all day long inside the brick barn. Before long, he was wasting away from famine and hard labour.

On the third day of starvation, the famished salpetre slave dug through manure and found a chunk of meat so rotten even slaves and lousy wolves had rejected it. His will was weak, and so the lowly slave devoured the rotten flesh, only to fall sick and die from disease on his last day without food. For such is the fate of those too weak to endure hardship.

- The Famished Salpetre Slave, by Despot Zhargonidus Doombeard, the renowned Chaos Dwarf author of fable stories, of our present time

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXVI - Deadline 19th of January ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.
08-01-2015 07:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TimothyLeighton
Hobgoblin

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 54
Scribe's Contest Gold                               
RE: The Famished Salpetre Slave, by ZhargonidusTimothyLeighton 08-01-2015

Everything's that's great about Chaos Dwarves in one handy parable.  Self righteous, evil, little SOBs.

08-01-2015 11:38 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 98
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: The Famished Salpetre Slave, by ZhargonidusAdmiral 08-02-2015

Thank you kindly! That's just the impression we're going for here. Wink

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXVI - Deadline 19th of January ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.
08-02-2015 02:43 AM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1560
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2 Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: The Famished Salpetre Slave, by ZhargonidusAbecedar 08-02-2015

I thought he was referring to Sweden.
I think the thought of rotten meat turned me off

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
08-02-2015 06:00 AM
Post Reply  Post Thread