Post Reply  Post Thread 
1 Votes - 5 Average   The Wheel of Chaos
Author MessageThe Wheel of Chaos
Dînadan
Sardonic Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 45
Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
The Wheel of ChaosDînadan 08-01-2015

The Wheel of Chaos

...for Chaos is a wheel and as surely as a chariot grinds the mud so too are we ground by Chaos.  And as the Star has eight points, so too does the Wheel have eight spokes.  The principal spokes are that of Rage, Desire, Despair and Hubris just as the principal Gods are Khorne, Slaanesh, Nurgle and Tzeentch.  And as the lesser Gods are named Necoho, Zuvassin, The Horned Rat and Hashut, the lesser spokes I name Nihilism, Anarchy, Ruin and Dominion.  For where rage against order and desire for freedom meet, mortals throw off the shackles of organised religion; where desire to know what will happen meets the means to lead others to despair, mortals will throw the plans of others into disarray; where the despair at a loss meets the hubris that another is more deserving, mortals will seek to undo the fortunes of friend and foe alike; when the hubris that places one above another meets the rage that follows the discovery that this is not so, mortals will seek to set this right and subjugate all.  And as surely as the wheel turns about the spoke, so to does Chaos turn around Malal who I name Malignancy for it is the very nature of Chaos to turn upon itself and be self destructive.  And as the wheel turns about its axel, Chaos turns in a malignant cycle, each spoke chasing the one next to it.  Now one spoke is on top, now another, then another, forever turning.  And as no spoke may ever catch another, nor may it sit at the top of the turning wheel, so to can none of the Gods cast down another forever and no God can ever remain supreme.  Only by breaking the wheel can the cycle end, but to do so is doom for if the wheel is broken it is no longer a wheel."

- A heretical text by an unknown author which was scratched into a hull plate from a Thunderfire Battlebarge.  The hull plate was discovered washed up fifty miles north-east of Uzkulak port with no sign of the ship it came from.  It is now housed in the White Archives* in Mingol Zharr-Naggrund along with numerous other heretical texts collected by the Dawi Zharr during their long history.

* The White Archives is a naturally occurring immense chamber of white marble found deep within the heart of Zharr-Naggrund that stores artefacts that the Sorcerer-Prophets deem to dangerous for the general population to know about but which they do not wish to destroy, either because that would be more dangerous, that they might be of use in dire times or in the case of prophecies, books and other texts so that they can be studied by sanctified scholars in the hope that some useful knowledge may be gleaned from them for the betterment of the Empire.

For the Glory of Uzkulak! My Chaos Dwarf blog.

This post was last modified: 08-02-2015 02:22 AM by Admiral.

08-01-2015 05:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1476
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2                               
RE: The Wheel of ChaosAbecedar 08-01-2015

Ok. I can "roll" with that.

But wouldn't a plate from a Thunderfire Battlebarge sink?
Maybe - found emHappybedded in a sea-wall after the ship unaccountably exploded.

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.

This post was last modified: 08-01-2015 07:19 PM by Abecedar.

08-01-2015 07:16 PM
Dînadan

Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: The Wheel of ChaosDînadan 08-01-2015

Abecedar Wrote:
But wouldn't a plate from a Thunderfire Battlebarge sink?
Maybe - found embedded in a sea-wall after the ship unaccountably exploded.

Nah it obviously had a Rune of Floating on it Tongue

Seriously though, 'washed up' is more a relative term, meant to imply it was found on a beach with no explanation for how it got there Wink

08-01-2015 07:24 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1476
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2                               
RE: The Wheel of ChaosAbecedar 08-01-2015

I know, I was being a little bit contrary.

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
08-01-2015 08:48 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 696
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: The Wheel of ChaosAdmiral 08-02-2015

This could as well have shown up in Liber Chaotica for its quality. Well-wrought through and through. I'll send this to Grimstonefire to see if he has any use for it in future Liber Chaotica: Hashut writing.

Great take on the wheel of time idea. Bonus point for the naval tidbit. Happy

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXV - Deadline 4th of September ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.
08-02-2015 02:27 AM
Dînadan

RE: The Wheel of ChaosDînadan 08-02-2015

Thanks Admiral Happy

08-02-2015 06:26 AM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1367
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: The Wheel of ChaosGrimstonefire 08-02-2015

I'd. Be happy to add some of my efforts into a liber chaotica, but between you guys you've written more than I have I'm sure!

So imo it would be better that way around.

On a train with poor signal so I'll digest story later.

Edit.

This is quite a short story.  I really like it.  I love things like this that make me ponder the nature of the interdependencies of gods.  I should really like AoS on that basis I guess...  

As it's a wheel, I think you could do with some references in there to the wheel of chaos crushing all in it's path.  I had an image of that bit on terminator 1 with the tank track crushing the skulls beneath it as I was reading this. Happy

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad

This post was last modified: 08-02-2015 03:52 PM by Grimstonefire.

08-02-2015 09:56 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Wheel and the Cut Stone, by Uhr-Kulmbizharr Admiral 2 1,024 01-28-2015 08:44 PM
Last Post: MadHatter

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites