Post Reply  Post Thread 
1 Votes - 5 Average   The Sacred Ziggurat
Author MessageThe Sacred Ziggurat
Dînadan
Sardonic Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 122
Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
The Sacred ZigguratDînadan 08-03-2015

Above all other shapes, the ziggurat is most sacred unto Hashut, praise be His name, for it can be found throughout our society, greatest in all Creation.

It is found in the order of races; at the base is the greenskin slave, quarrelsome wretches most numerous in number; above them is the human slave, easiest cowed and most obedient, fewer in number yet still numerous; next is the hobgoblin, the slave who does not know he is a slave, fewer in number still; above them is the Dawi Zharr, master of all races, fewest in number; at the pinnacle sits Hashut, praise be His name, one in number.

It is found in the order of classes; at the base is the low clan, least in power, greatest in number; above them is middle clan, greater in power but not greatest, lesser in number but not least; next is the great clan, greater in power and less in number still; at the pinnacle sits the Cult of Hashut, greatest in power, one in number.

It is found in the order of clans; at the base is the family, most numerous in number; above them is the House unto which they belong, fewer in number yet still numerous; next is Household, that which rules the House, fewer in number still; above them is the Overlord, Head of the Household, fewest in number; at the pinnacle sits the Sorcerer-Prophet, one in number.

It is found in the order of the Cult; at the base is the Acolyte, newly initiated, least in power, greatest in number; above them is the Daemonsmith, master of the forge, greater in power but not greatest, lesser in number but not least; next is the Sorcerer-Prophet, stonecursed, greater in power and lesser in number still; at the pinnacle sits the High Priest, Chosen of Hashut, greatest in power, one in number.

For above all other shapes, the ziggurat is most sacred unto Hashut, praise be His name, for it can be found throughout our society, greatest in all Creation.

- author unknown.  This mantra is carved into a stone tablet found in every Dawi Zharr clan's throne room to serve as a reminder of the correct order of things and to keep them in their place.

For the Glory of Uzkulak! My Chaos Dwarf blog.

08-03-2015 10:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1407
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: The Sacred ZigguratAbecedar 08-03-2015

Well laid out. and describes CD society perfectly

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
08-03-2015 11:23 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 407
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: The Sacred ZigguratAdmiral 08-04-2015

Yes, it's convincing. Great stuff!

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXIX - Deadline 27th of January ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Chaos Dwarf Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.
08-04-2015 01:46 AM
Dînadan
Sardonic Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 122
Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: The Sacred ZigguratDînadan 08-04-2015

Thanks guys.  The layout is actually a happy accident - as I was writing I noticed that the classes' stanza was mirroring the races' one, so decided to roll with it and purposely tried to model the other two's shape on them.  And then it felt fitting to end with a repetition of the opening line Wink

For the Glory of Uzkulak! My Chaos Dwarf blog.

08-04-2015 05:17 AM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Sacred and Unholy Dark Lands Admiral 2 1,084 02-26-2015 11:46 AM
Last Post: Dînadan
  Sacred Number of Hashut Dînadan 6 1,719 10-02-2014 05:57 PM
Last Post: Admiral
  The Sacred Fuel of the Altar's Sacrificial Fire Admiral 6 1,895 10-02-2014 07:37 AM
Last Post: Admiral

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites