Post Reply  Post Thread 
1 Votes - 5 Average   The Second Commandment of Hashut
Author MessageThe Second Commandment of Hashut
Dînadan
Sardonic Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 82
Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
The Second Commandment of HashutDînadan 08-05-2015

"And as I have set thee above all other races, I decree my Second Commandment to be 'Ye shall toil for the Glory of the Dawi Zharr people.'  For I am your Father and as with all fathers I wish to see my children prosper.

By my Fiat you have been set above all other races, and by your actions you will strive to stay there.

By my Design you have been given a hard land to rule, and by your actions you will labour to master it.

By my Contract you have been anointed with my blood, and by your actions you will endeavour to spread my Rule.

By my Favour you have been granted my blessing, and by your actions you will validate my faith in thee.

For I am your Father and as it has been written, my Second Commandment is 'Ye Shall Toil for the Glory of the Dawi Zharr people.'"

-inscription found on the second of the one hundred and forty-four bronze tablets in the Temple of Hashut atop Mingol Zharr-Naggrund.  The official interpretation of this is to reinforce the First Commandment; each Dawi derives his authority from his father as defined by the first commandment, and he derives it from his and so on and thus ultimately all orders are derived from the High-Priest and through him from Hashut and in turn thus must be for the glory of the Dawi Zharr as a whole.  The more ambitious Dawi Zharr see the second commandment as holy sanction to undermine their rivals or even their 'fathers' for the Dawi Zharr despise weakness and thus disposing the weak is for the glory of the race as a whole and they will even move openly against rivals if they can justify it being for the betterment of the Empire.

For the Glory of Uzkulak! My Chaos Dwarf blog.

This post was last modified: 09-19-2015 04:24 AM by Admiral.

08-05-2015 10:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dînadan

Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: The Second Commandment of HashutDînadan 08-05-2015

This post was last modified: 08-05-2015 03:47 PM by Dînadan.

08-05-2015 10:32 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 261
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: The Second Commandment of HashutAdmiral 09-19-2015

First Commandment, obedience and hierarchy. Check. Second Commandment, toil for the glory of a Dark God. Check. Excellent undertexts explaining the convoluted Chaos Dwarf society's relations to their Commandments. Check.

This is truly great stuff and it even sounds authentic. Keep it coming! Though I had to look up the meaning of a word which happens to be identical to the name of a certain Italian car company... Tongue

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXX - Deadline 6th of July ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.

This post was last modified: 09-19-2015 04:33 AM by Admiral.

09-19-2015 04:32 AM
Dînadan

RE: The Second Commandment of HashutDînadan 09-19-2015

@Admiral: maybe Hashut likes European manufactured cars? Lol   And thanks Happy

09-19-2015 05:38 AM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The First Commandment of Hashut Dînadan 10 2,294 09-19-2015 05:28 PM
Last Post: Admiral
  The One Hundred and Forty-Fourth Commandment of Hashut Dînadan 5 1,544 09-19-2015 02:48 PM
Last Post: Dînadan
  The Fourth Commandment of Hashut Dînadan 3 1,207 09-19-2015 06:04 AM
  The Third Commandment of Hashut Dînadan 3 1,384 09-19-2015 06:02 AM
  The Fifth Commandment of Hashut Dînadan 3 1,267 09-19-2015 05:34 AM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites