Pages (3): « First [1] 2 3 Next > Last »
1 Votes - 5 Average   Golden Hat XXIII
Author MessageGolden Hat XXIII
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 834
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
Golden Hat XXIIIBloodbeard 08-08-2015

Werewolf Miniatures Presents: The 23rd Golden Hat competition!

We are pleased to announce that this round of Golden Hat has been sponsored by Werewolf Miniatures and Fuggit Khan.

The gold winner of the contest will receive 10 Sons of Adramelech with pole arms and 3 command group models. 13 nice miniatures cast in very high quality resin. They will be send to the winner by Bloodbeard after the competition. Thanks again to Werewolf Miniatures.

But that is not all!

Fuggit Khan has once again donated prizes for our competition. This time around he's decided that three randomly chosen entrants (excluding the winner) will recieve 3 Russian Alternative miniatures carrying hand weapons and shields.

For this any he's other very nice prize donations, it's a privilege to award Fuggit Khan with the Major Prize Sponsor medal!
Congratulations Fuggit Khan and thank you.  

Subject Matter: Chaos Dwarf Battle Standard Bearer

For this Golden Hat contest we want you to make a single Chaos Dwarf Castellan miniature carrying a Battle Standard!

Basing Your entry can be submitted on either a 20mm square base or a 25mm or 32mm round base. Display bases and plinths are not allowed, though diorama style bases are.

Specifics
Subject: Single Chaos Dwarf Castellan miniature with Battle Standard.
Bases: One base only. 20mm square or 25mm/32mm round.
The Due Date: 11:59 PM September 18th, 2015 CEST (Central European Summer Time).

That gives you 6 weeks to come up with an entry. We want all members to have the time to order bits, do proper conversions and nice painting. You should all have a nice go at the prizes!

Please read the full rules that apply to the Golden Hat competition before submitting your entry.

Submission
All entries must be sent to the Golden Hat account no later than the due date. Entries will not be accepted after this. (Entrants have approximately 6 weeks to complete entries). If for some reason you are having trouble with your submission, contact one of the Staff. In order to avoid problems, entrants should not wait until the last minute to submit their entries.

Inspiration
Why not check out the Image Gallery and the Golden Hat V gallery for inspiration.

I already have a BSB
No worries. You should enter anyway! If you're playing AoS you can field as many as you like. Are you playing 8th edition End Times it's the same thing.

And if you only play older versions? Enter as well. Your army and skills might have grown - make a better BSB. Use your old BSB in a regiment and the new one as a hero. An army can never have too many cool banners!

How to Enter
Upload up to 4 photos of your entries to the Internet. Photos may not have additional text or items/models unrelated to your entry. Please crop your pictures, cut away empty space. Please make sure your 4 pictures are roughly equal in size. Next, send a PM to Golden Hat (a special user that all Staff have access to) containing the links where the pictures can be found. (Note: This is the same as previous Golden Hats).

If you win:
- Walk across the backs of the cowed masses you have scorned and pushed aside, in order to take your place in the vaunted Golden Hat Hall of Fame.
- Receive the Golden Hat medal for your online persona. Silver and bronze Golden Hat medals will be awarded as well.
- Everyone who enters gets a number of slaves equal to the number of entries. If 20 people enter we award 20 slaves to each person who entered. Entries will count towards a veteran medal.
- Win some nice miniatures.

Once all entries are received a thread will be created for voting and determining the winners!

If there are any questions it is best post them here so that everyone can benefit from any details or clarifications that may arise.

Prize
Gold winner will win 13 Sons of Armadelech by Werewolf Miniatures. Three random entrants will win 3 Russian Alternative Miniatures.

Should you wish to donate a prize to the contest, please PM Bloodbeard and he'll sort it out with you and the Staff.

Good luck everyone!

Other News on CDO:
Main Page Updates.

This post was last modified: 08-08-2015 06:43 AM by Bloodbeard.

08-08-2015 02:15 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1364
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIIIZanko 08-08-2015

Awesome theme for a GH! Takes Hat off

Hopefully we will see a lot of entries! Cheers!

I will try to make a suitable entry though I have actually no idea which model I should use as a basis! Wink

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

08-08-2015 02:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bloodbeard

Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIIIBloodbeard 08-08-2015

Zanko Wrote:
Hopefully we will see a lot of entries! Cheers!

I will try to make a suitable entry though I have actually no idea which model I should use as a basis!

We do hope that the crazy amount of prizes, the long time line and the limited size will bring a lot of people to entering.

The good thing about organizing these things, is that it gives you more time to think. I do have a miniature in mind. Tongue Wink

08-08-2015 02:40 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tjub
Prophet of Tjubshut

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1531
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Golden Hat - Silver Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2018                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIIItjub 08-08-2015

Im in, you can never have too many standards! Big Grin

Intro to 15mm Kings of War
My CDO blog containing all things Chaos Dwarf.
My various other hobby projects on Instagram.
Follow Admiralty Miniatures on Facebook!

08-08-2015 02:44 AM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1687
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x3 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIIIAbecedar 08-08-2015

So, a Battle Standard it is then.
My track record so far shows no unit standards bar basically painted models.
No rushing in though.  This time I'll actually think about it.

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.

This post was last modified: 08-08-2015 05:55 AM by Abecedar.

08-08-2015 05:54 AM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1362
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIIIGrimstonefire 08-08-2015

One of the key models I'm missing....  Hmmm tempting.

I consider the battle standard to be the most impressive model outside the army general (or other large monsters/ mounted models).  So this will be a challenge for me.

Though personally I'd prefer 30th Sept as a date. Wink

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad

This post was last modified: 08-08-2015 08:30 AM by Grimstonefire.

08-08-2015 08:29 AM
Timothy Archer
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 155

RE: Golden Hat XXIIITimothy Archer 08-08-2015

Ok

Battle standard +werewoolf minis

Lets go 😊

08-08-2015 10:04 AM
Bloodbeard

RE: Golden Hat XXIIIBloodbeard 08-09-2015

Glad to have so many of you aboard!

08-09-2015 12:42 AM
Hill_Billy_Bub
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 55

RE: Golden Hat XXIIIHill_Billy_Bub 08-09-2015

Even though I still think of myself as a novice, I'll give this a shot and see where the dice land.

08-09-2015 12:58 AM
Kamphre
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 340
Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Silver                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIIIKamphre 08-10-2015

A shame Ravenswood didn't released his BSB yet...

08-10-2015 04:21 AM
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 740
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x3                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIIIFuggit Khan 08-11-2015

Bloodbeard Wrote:
Fuggit Khan has once again donated prizes for our competition. This time around he's decided that three randomly chosen entrants (excluding the winner) will recieve 3 Russian Alternative miniatures carrying hand weapons and shields.

Just to give people heads up, I will be travelling on vacation during most of September, and then travelling afterwards for another week for work...so I probably won't get a chance to mail the random prizes until the early part of October. But don't worry, I'll put the postal service slaves to work quick enough upon my return Takes Hat off

Kamphre Wrote:
A shame Ravenswood didn't released his BSB yet...

Yep, this was the first thing that popped in my head too...

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
08-11-2015 05:21 PM
Helblindi
Bull Centaur

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 245
Scribe's Contest Gold Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIIIHelblindi 08-12-2015

I'm passing on this. Alas! Been looking for an opportunity to join a GH-contest, but I have a BSB already, and so much other stuff to paint...

Helblindi's Throng: Karak Brothar
My Evil Throng: Helblindi's Legion
My Blood Bowl stuff
08-12-2015 12:44 PM
Bloodbeard

RE: Golden Hat XXIIIBloodbeard 08-18-2015

So are people getting some ideas for this? I have the miniature ready.

08-18-2015 10:38 AM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1364
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIIIZanko 08-18-2015

The miniature is not the problem, the painting of the banner is very tricky for me! Unsure

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

08-18-2015 11:40 AM
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 740
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x3                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIIIFuggit Khan 08-18-2015

I've got an idea...but I'm leaving for vacation in a couple of weeks, so I may not be able to finish it beforehand.
Hopefully real life won't offer too many distractions for the next two weeks...

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
08-18-2015 02:13 PM
Kamphre
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Slaves: 340
Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Silver                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIIIKamphre 08-18-2015

I'm still on the conversion phase, playing with needles, green stuff and bits.
At least I found a suitable mini and I receive my first ever plastic sheet.
I have the colour scheme and a good idea for the banner, I just have to put everything together.
I'll do my best! Happy

08-18-2015 02:20 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x3 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIIIAbecedar 08-18-2015

Have just been on my first holiday for two years. All of a whole week away.
So I've only just gotten into looking at what model I could use.

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
08-18-2015 04:48 PM
Tarrakk Blackhand
Tarrakk Blackhand LIVES!!!

Slaves: 637
Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIIITarrakk Blackhand 08-18-2015

Can I use an old Tall Hat model?

Amaze your friends when you post your Chaos Dwarf model pictures on our forum at http://www.monster-hobbies.com today!
08-18-2015 07:24 PM
Bloodbeard

RE: Golden Hat XXIIIBloodbeard 08-18-2015

Tarrakk Blackhand Wrote:

Yes sir.

08-18-2015 07:42 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

RE: Golden Hat XXIIIAbecedar 08-19-2015

Tarrakk Blackhand Wrote:

Please just don't "Tjubize" it

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
08-19-2015 08:39 AM