Post Reply  Post Thread 
1 Votes - 5 Average   Golden Hat XXIII - Winners!
Author MessageGolden Hat XXIII - Winners!
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 528
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016                               
Golden Hat XXIII - Winners!Admiral 09-28-2015

Werewoolf Miniatures Presents: The winners of the 23rd Golden Hat competition!

"We trampled our foe's skull into the dust. We melted down his arms and armour. We burnt his home. We carried away all his possessions. We took all his cattle. We enslaved his wife and offspring. We defiled his false gods and tore down his impure altars. By the divine will and by the unholy name of Hashut, the fiery Bull God, the Father of Darkness, we carried out this great deed. Ultimately, we conquered, for we planted our proud standard high atop the pile of our foes' corpses. That is the true essence of triumph."
- Despot Kharzakul Ironfang

We had a beautiful turnout of entries, with submissions spanning grotesque banners conceived by ingenious madmen, to mighty standards of metal or bound Daemons. It was a treat to see all the great results of your efforts march out from the Dawi Zharr barracks, banners held high. Undoubtedly the foes of the Chaos Dwarfs will tremble at the sight of our standards, as is evident here! Takes Hat off

And the winners are:

<1        <2        <3

1st Place - Golden Hat Winner: Entry #10 - Engra1980
2nd Place - Silver Hat Winner: Entry #8 - Fuggit Khan
3rd Place - Bronze Hat Winner: Entry #5 - Admiral

And a couple of honourable mentions to Entry #4 - Timothy Archer and Entry #7 - Abecedar, who both were but 2 votes away from bronze!

The entry key!
You can share your love for each entry by donating slaves to the owners of the entries!

01 - Kamphre
02 - Heavygear
03 - Zanko
04 - Timothy Archer
05 - Admiral
06 - Axtklinge
07 - Abecedar
08 - Fuggit Khan
09 - Hill_Billy_Bub
10 - Engra1980

Slaves and medals are coming! Should you have earned a new Veteran's Medal (gained at 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 main contests entered), please contact us and link us all your entries in all previous Golden Hat and Artisan's Contest competitions (note: Scribe's Contest does not count towards this purpose, but have its own Veteran Scribe's Medal).

And now for the prizes! The winners will be contacted by Bloodbeard in the coming days.

Congratulations to Engra1980, who wins 10 Sons of Adramelech with polearms and 3 command models from Werewoolf Miniatures!

Congratulations to Zanko, Timothy Archer and Abecedar, who each wins 3 Dwarves of Fire Canyon with hand weapons and shields, donated by Fuggit Khan!

A big "thanks" to everyone who participated and voted, as well as a big thanks to Werewoolf Studios and Fuggit Khan for their prize donations!

And that's it for this round of Golden Hat, folks. Now let's see the participants' entries in the blogs. Wink

Next up, Scribe's Contest!

The Staff

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXVIII - Deadline 9th of November ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Chaos Dwarf Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.

This post was last modified: 09-28-2015 03:24 PM by Admiral.

09-28-2015 02:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tjub
Hat or Die!

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1307
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver x2 Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIII - Winners!tjub 09-28-2015

Congrats, well done!

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:
"And then children, Tjub spent 78 pages perfecting his fireborn. For such is the struggle of a CD player with a thematic army."

09-28-2015 02:22 PM
Dînadan
Sardonic Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 101
Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIII - Winners!Dînadan 09-28-2015

Congrats everyone.  

Should I be scared that all three I voted for won, and even won in my order of preference? Shock

For the Glory of Uzkulak! My Chaos Dwarf blog.

09-28-2015 02:43 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIII - Winners!Admiral 09-28-2015

@Dînadan: It's a sign from high Hashut, your Bull God and divine saviour. Invest in the lottery right away! Tongue Wink

Well done, everyone! This contest was filled with creative entries, not least Abecedar's flayman fest and Timothy Archer's highly inventive Daemonbound banner with Lammasu face, lots of runes on the backsides and a net cloak. Lots of great ideas to harvest for future conversions and paintjobs in all the entries. Special mention goes to Fuggit Khan, who not only fielded a Man o' War Taurus on his Battle Standard Bearer, but actually painted a realistic flame motif on the miniscule shield! Did he use a microscope to achieve that?

Special thanks to Bloodbeard for organizing this contest and handling the prizes!

I hope to see you enter the next Artisan's Contest, too, since that will be quite a special theme... Don't miss out on that one!

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXVIII - Deadline 9th of November ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Chaos Dwarf Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.

This post was last modified: 09-28-2015 03:23 PM by Admiral.

09-28-2015 02:49 PM
Engra1980
Hobgoblin

Group: Dawi Zharr
Slaves: 58
Golden Hat - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIII - Winners!Engra1980 09-28-2015

wow... I just came back home and I just realise that I managed to win my first Golden Hat! I am so happy. Thanks to everyone for voting my BSB.
Actually the original plan was to complete the top of the banner whith a "look out goblin", but I ran out of time. Definitely after that I'll not change "the winning horse".

I put my votes to fuggit's Bsb (for the clean and very precise paintjob, and of course for the great idea of the MoW Taurus),  Admiral's because of the lovely runes! And Axtklinge's for the great sculpting!

now the official part:
-Many thanks to Admiral and crew that organised the contest
-thanks a lot to werewolf miniatures for the great miniatures, I'm really looking forward to add those great models to my collection!
-and last but not least, thanks to my girlfriend for giving me her earring that I made the standard frame with (yep it's a HM plastic earring)

Now I go to immediately toupdate my forum's showcase!

This post was last modified: 09-28-2015 03:41 PM by Engra1980.

09-28-2015 03:35 PM
Fuggit Khan
Da Khan of Khans

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 471
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIII - Winners!Fuggit Khan 09-28-2015

Congratulations to everybody, this was by far my most favorite of all Golden Hat competitions to sit back and enjoy Cheers!
All of the entries were very well done, a real joy to see them all. And a well deserved win to Engra1980, astonishing painting good sir! I actually thought that perhaps your entry was from our esteemed Ravenswood (it's that good!) Shock

Admiral Wrote:
Fuggit Khan, who not only fielded a Man o' War Taurus on his Battle Standard Bearer, but actually painted a realistic flame motif on the miniscule shield! Did he use a microscope to achieve that?

Yep, I used a magnifying glass...but not flames, it's actually a copper skull with the three arrows, same as the BSB shield and banner. Too darn small to see though Wink

Engra1980 Wrote:
-and last but not least, thanks to my girlfriend for giving me her earring that I made the standard frame with (yep it's a HM plastic earring)

An earring?! That is awesome! Most of us have a bits box, but it never occurred to me to raid my wifes jewelry box Tongue Wink  Clever Cheers!

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
09-28-2015 03:59 PM
Engra1980
Hobgoblin

Slaves: 58
Golden Hat - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIII - Winners!Engra1980 09-28-2015

Fuggit Khan Wrote:
Congratulations to everybody, this was by far my most favorite of all Golden Hat competitions to sit back and enjoy Cheers!
All of the entries were very well done, a real joy to see them all. And a well deserved win to Engra1980, astonishing painting good sir! I actually thought that perhaps your entry was from our esteemed Ravenswood (it's that good!) Shock

God that's a real pleasure if you had that doubt... Cheers

Fuggit Khan Wrote:

Engra1980 Wrote:

An earring?! That is awesome! Most of us have a bits box, but it never occurred to me to raid my wifes jewelry box Tongue Wink  Clever Cheers!

Thanks and I tell you what... obviously she had to give me also the second... so i have a spare one for future's  project...ehehCheers!

This post was last modified: 09-28-2015 04:08 PM by Engra1980.

09-28-2015 04:03 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

RE: Golden Hat XXIII - Winners!Admiral 09-28-2015

Yes, Engra's entry is a masterclass paintjob. It was a given when picking votes.

Fuggit Khan Wrote:

Don't! Or else you might find out how ominously portentuous all those death runes you scratchbuilt really were... Pirate

09-28-2015 04:04 PM
Kamphre
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Slaves: 273
Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIII - Winners!Kamphre 09-28-2015

Well done everyone and congratulations to winners !

Lots of great ideas ! Happy

I personnally still need to improve my evilness, my banner is too "vanilla" flavored compared to others...

09-28-2015 04:57 PM
zobo1942
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 19
Slaves: 108

RE: Golden Hat XXIII - Winners!zobo1942 09-28-2015

Wow - all of those look great! Impressive!

09-28-2015 05:57 PM
Hill_Billy_Bub
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 55

RE: Golden Hat XXIII - Winners!Hill_Billy_Bub 09-28-2015

Any chance the other contestants can be told what place they got among the 10.

09-28-2015 06:15 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Slaves: 1405
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIII - Winners!Abecedar 09-28-2015

Again, Well Done everybody.  I absolutely loved doing this one.

@Engra1980.    I thought you had chopped up a Glomesh Bag.  Less impressed now.... No I'm not less impressed I mean

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.

This post was last modified: 09-29-2015 01:49 AM by Abecedar.

09-28-2015 07:54 PM
Malorndk
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 1131
Word of Hashut - Contributor Platinum Army Medal - 6000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Platinum Best General - 2016                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIII - Winners!Malorndk 09-29-2015

Gratz all around. A lot of cool entries <3

Army blog - Army Showcase - Project Banners - Legendary Battle
09-29-2015 01:41 AM
TheHoodedMan
The Black Scourge

Slaves: 277
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Dark Apostle - Bronze Best General - 2015 Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIII - Winners!TheHoodedMan 09-29-2015

Congratulations to all participants. You all have created worthy bearers for your most important standard.
And congrats to the winners, well deserved!Takes Hat off

Please vote on the community awards 2016:
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=16881

The Prophets` bodyguard - Army blog
09-29-2015 02:09 AM
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 831
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIII - Winners!Bloodbeard 09-29-2015

Very well deserved winner! Super cool banner Engra.

Engra I need your info. Please send me a PM with adress and name, I'll ship out the miniatures ASAP.

Zanko, Timothy and Abecedar, please get in contact with mr. Fuggit to get your prizes.

09-29-2015 04:51 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Axtklinge
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Slaves: 134
Scribe's Contest Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIII - Winners!Axtklinge 09-29-2015

Engra1980 Wrote:
I put my votes to (...) And Axtklinge's for the great sculpting!

Thank you sir, for your kind words (and vote)!
And congrats for such a fantastic job with your entry (you had one of my votes too)!
Happy

Congrats to all participants, in particular to the winners for such cool and inspiring works - well deserved wins!
Oh, and many thanks to every one who voted for my entry.

Just as a side note, I really wanted/planned to build up a more elaborate banner (should have, after all that was the theme of the contest), but lost track of days (due to life stuff) and when I noticed it, I had to hurry up with the painting or would risk not having anything to show at all.

Anyway, it was once again an ABSOLUTE JOY to participate, and an absolute disgrace not to have won one of those fantastic Fire Canyon dwarves to coach my BB team.
I'm adding a few names in my (Black) Book of Grudges, that's for sure!!!
(LOL)

Cheers,
A.

NABBO League: Failling Go-For-It's Since 1999
CDO blog: The path of ZharKhan

This post was last modified: 09-29-2015 06:14 AM by Axtklinge.

09-29-2015 06:13 AM
Rakkzul
Hobgoblin

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 81

RE: Golden Hat XXIII - Winners!Rakkzul 09-29-2015

Congrats to the winners!

09-29-2015 06:59 AM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1177
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIII - Winners!Zanko 09-29-2015

Congrats to the winners! Takes Hat off

All  the entries were awesome and inspiring, will steal some of the ideas in future! Wink

Thanks a lot to Fuggit Khan for the great models! Cheers!

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

09-29-2015 01:10 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Slaves: 1405
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIII - Winners!Abecedar 10-22-2015

Thank You very much Mr Fuggit Khan.

My consolation prize of three Russian Alternative figures turned up yesterday.

I think I will have to slip into the painting queue somewhere in amongst the others in the "Must the do next" category.

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
10-22-2015 02:54 AM
Fuggit Khan
Da Khan of Khans

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 471
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015                               
RE: Golden Hat XXIII - Winners!Fuggit Khan 10-22-2015

Glad they arrived safely, I'm always a bit concerned that the mail 'down under' will be eaten by the cane toads Sick

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
10-22-2015 12:33 PM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Artisan's Contest XXIII Admiral 7 170 Today 06:27 AM
Last Post: Abecedar
  Golden Hat XVIII - Winners! Admiral 12 150 Yesterday 01:12 PM
Last Post: Jackswift
  Golden Hat XXVII - Winners! Admiral 29 2,065 07-14-2017 04:36 AM
Last Post: Will Liam