Post Reply  Post Thread 
1 Votes - 5 Average   Artisan's Contest XVIII - Winners!
Author MessageArtisan's Contest XVIII - Winners!
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 428
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
Artisan's Contest XVIII - Winners!Admiral 12-19-2015

Artisan's Contest XVIII: Hidden Masters of the Blacksmiths of Chaos

"And lesser souls will tremble in fear at their passing..."

We had a slew of wondrous entries this time around, spanning sacrificial altar priests to Hobgoblin bankers and mysterious wanderers in the wild. And, most heinous of all, a heretical Daemonforged abomination wreaking havoc upon the sacred matter of petrified members of Hashut's sorcerous priesthood. The creativity on show in this round of contest is impressive. Well done, everyone!

And the winners are...

<1       <2       <3

1st Place: Entry #6 - Axtklinge!
2nd Place: Entry # 7 - Fuggit Khan!
3rd Place: Entry #4 - Dînadan!

And an honourable mention to Jackswift, who trailed bronze by one vote!

The entry key!
You can share your love for each entry by donating slaves to the owners of the entries!

01 - Abecedar
02 - The_Penguin
03 - Jackswift
04 - Dînadan
05 - Zanko
06 - Axtklinge
07 - Fuggit Khan

Slaves and medals are coming! Should you have earned a new Veteran's Medal (gained at 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 main contests entered), please contact us and link us all your entries in all previous Golden Hat and Artisan's Contest competitions (note: Scribe's Contest does not count towards this purpose, but have its own Veteran Scribe's Medal).

And now for the gold prize! Axtklinge will be contacted by Bloodbeard in the coming days to receive this grim character:

A big "thanks" to everyone who participated and voted, as well as a big thanks to Grimstonefire for his prize donation!

And that's it for this round of Artisan's Contest, folks. Now let's see the participants' entries in the blogs. Wink

Next up, Scribe's Contest!

The Staff

Also on CDO: Happy Holidays from Chaos Dwarfs Online- 2015 Edition

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXIX - Deadline 27th of January ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Chaos Dwarf Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.
12-19-2015 04:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dînadan
Sardonic Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 121
Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVIII - Winners!Dînadan 12-19-2015

Congrats Axtklinge and thanks for everyone who voted for mine Happy

For the Glory of Uzkulak! My Chaos Dwarf blog.

12-19-2015 05:20 PM
Jackswift
Bull Centaur Hero

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 528
Scribe's Contest Gold Golden Hat - Silver Artisan's Contest - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Veteran Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVIII - Winners!Jackswift 12-19-2015

Congratulations to Axtklinge!   Very nice conversion and sculpting work on the model.  And to the Fuggit Khan and Dinadan for the Silver and Bronze.[/u]  Great job everyone!

12-19-2015 05:32 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1407
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVIII - Winners!Abecedar 12-19-2015

Congratulations to everyone, well done.

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
12-19-2015 10:18 PM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1178
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVIII - Winners!Zanko 12-20-2015

Congrats to thewinners! Takes Hat off

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

12-20-2015 02:43 AM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVIII - Winners!Abecedar 12-20-2015

And to celebrate the conclusion of Artisans 18 and the end of competitions on CDO for this year, you are all invited to a feast around the BBQ of Hashut.
Sometimes the stuff being cooked is so enticing that Hashut decides to consume it in a blaze of godly flames, hence the slightly melted and twisted state of the BBQ frame.  Today it is "Arme de Oggre and Rack of Troll Ribs"

Although, some of the guests wished the "Chef" would use proper cooking utensils rather than his dissecting implements straight from the divination ritual

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.

This post was last modified: 12-20-2015 06:55 AM by Abecedar.

12-20-2015 06:52 AM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1178
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVIII - Winners!Zanko 12-20-2015

I would like to get a piece of the "Arme d`Ogre" and a beer! Cheers!

Great idea and awesome execution! Big Grin

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

12-20-2015 08:31 AM
Axtklinge
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Slaves: 134
Scribe's Contest Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVIII - Winners!Axtklinge 12-21-2015

Great job and congrats to everyone!

There were plenty of imaginative entry's so thanks a lot to everyone who voted for my "Slave Master".
Takes Hat off

Beer's on me on the BBQ of Hashut!
Cheers!

Cheers,
A.

PS: I feel really rewarded by the effort I've put to actually participate in this Artisan's contest. Those who've been following my "Path of Zharkhan" CDO blog, probably know that I was struggling with time to get my blood bowl team painted and ready for a local tournament, and I knew that I needed to paint the "Slave Master" before I started with the team or I would never be able to get it finished in time for the contest. So I'm glad I did invested some time in the SM.
Oh, and by the way, I've also managed to finish the team (and play with it on the tourney), but more on that later... and on the blog! Wink

Thank you all, and congrats to everyone again!
Takes Hat off

NABBO League: Failling Go-For-It's Since 1999
CDO blog: The path of ZharKhan
12-21-2015 09:09 AM
Rakkzul
Hobgoblin

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 81

RE: Artisan's Contest XVIII - Winners!Rakkzul 12-21-2015

Congrats to everyone! Takes Hat off

12-21-2015 09:19 AM
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 498
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVIII - Winners!Fuggit Khan 12-21-2015

Congratulations to everyone Cheers!
I truly had no idea who would win this one, all of the entries were clever and well done, each one deserved a medal. I ultimately based my votes on which character that I personally would like to make myself. Really good idea's, all of them Happy
And Abecedar, you had my vote, even though your BBQ is an even better idea Cheers!

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
12-21-2015 01:28 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

RE: Artisan's Contest XVIII - Winners!Abecedar 12-21-2015

The BBQ was an after thought and fun to make.   I had as many if not more problems with it than the whole of the Altar.

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
12-21-2015 07:23 PM
The_Penguin
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Slaves: 140

RE: Artisan's Contest XVIII - Winners!The_Penguin 12-22-2015

Congratulations and salutations, gentlemen! ) Takes Hat off

The prizes are well-deserved and thank you, Admiral, and the rest of the staff for hosting such an interesting event. Cheers!

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) Takes Hat off

"But we, your brethren, scorned the Ancestor gods, and mocked your foolish rune rituals, and preferred instead our bull god Hashut. Who can blame us if it were you and your gods who left us?"
12-22-2015 07:15 AM
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 832
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVIII - Winners!Bloodbeard 12-23-2015

Congratulations to the winners. Really fantastic and different entries for this one!

12-23-2015 02:46 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 428
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XVIII - Winners!Admiral 01-04-2016

Hahaha, that BBQ altar is perfect! Well done all participants. We might repeat this theme later on if there's interest, and we'll certainly have other "invent a new unit" contests to come.

Will soon get back into the hobby and CDO. Do anyone want any particular theme for the next Scribe's Contest? There's a couple of dozen planned ones in store, but we might as well listen to wishes this holiday season. Wink

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXIX - Deadline 27th of January ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Chaos Dwarf Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.
01-04-2016 07:42 AM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Artisan's Contest XXIII - Winners! Admiral 25 293 12-16-2017 06:53 PM
Last Post: Jackswift
  Artisan's Contest XXIII - Voting! Admiral 18 556 12-12-2017 11:35 PM
Last Post: Will Liam
  Artisan's Contest XXIII Admiral 37 1,221 12-08-2017 08:02 PM
Last Post: t5p1ny
  Artisan's Contest XXII - Winners! Admiral 8 795 11-18-2017 08:18 PM