Pages (3): « First < Previous 1 2 [3] Last »
2 Votes - 4.5 Average   Agalstrax' Oriental Oriented Army 2nd
Author MessageAgalstrax' Oriental Oriented Army 2nd
Pappa Midnight
Bull Centaur

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 490
Scribe's Contest Silver Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2016 Golden Hat - Silver x2 Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2017                               
RE: Agalstrax' Oriental Oriented Army 2ndPappa Midnight 08-25-2016

I've always liked themed armies which step away from the "standard" look and yours is no exception. I like the mix of minis ( I might "borrow" the Cold One Cavalry......)
With regard to the steam tank, I have worked on quite a few Mageknight minis and they can be a little difficult to work with, especially if they are very rubbery. Abecedar's suggestion is what I would do or "pin" using plastic or metal rods.
I would be very careful if you intend to apply any paint or varnish to the tank. The rubber/plastic can react with certain paints/varnishes and become sticky ( I have found this out to my cost).

Regards
PM

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying.
08-25-2016 07:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Agalstrax
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 78
Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS                               
RE: Agalstrax' Oriental Oriented Army 2ndAgalstrax 08-25-2016

@Carcearion: The "bull centaurs" are the lizard riders from the top of the page. They´ll be in my next group shot.

@Abecedar and Pappa Midnight: The base is solid resin. If I use your idea I´ll drill holes for the screws. Otherwise I fear the base will break. It was fastened with 4 transparent pins on the original base (you can see one on the photo). Maybe I use them for pinns or screws ...

I´m glad that you like my little project and looking forward to my next game with my throng Takes Hat off

08-25-2016 12:09 PM
Carcearion
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 210
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Photobucket Migration Scribe's Contest Silver                               
RE: Agalstrax' Oriental Oriented Army 2ndCarcearion 08-26-2016

You mean your going to cover that great freehand work!? Shock

As great as it looks I suppose I assumed you'de be attaching then right to the base, like it was the floor of an evil temple, I think I must have been in a KoW multi-basing mindset. Freehand runes and symbols is a huge hole in my painting skill set, and I'm always so impressed by what people can do.

"It matters not that you failed to burn the world. What matters is that you lit a fire."
- Neherazsh the Flaming Bull

My Chaos Dwarf Name Generator
Army Blog: Carcearion's Warhost of Karagazkar
Short Story: To Carve One's Fate
My Shapeways Shop: Carcearion's Bit Forge - Evil Dwarf Bits For Sale!

This post was last modified: 08-26-2016 01:40 AM by Carcearion.

08-26-2016 01:39 AM
Pages (3): « First < Previous 1 2 [3] Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Agalstrax´ oriental oriented army Agalstrax 88 39,424 09-28-2012 07:16 PM
Last Post: Agalstrax
  1000p of Agalstrax Agalstrax 0 1,653 09-28-2012 06:56 PM
Last Post: Agalstrax

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend