Post Reply  Post Thread 
Disciples of Lugar concepts
Author MessageDisciples of Lugar concepts
BABIS
Great Taurus

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 251
Golden Hat - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
Disciples of Lugar conceptsBABIS 03-22-2016

Hello guys,

with the introduction of the Ninth Age rules we have regained some old troops lost during the Tamurkhan era (overlord, smaller bull centaurs, orc slaves, bolt throwers..) but also we have gained some brand new troops like the Disciples of Lugar.
I am particularly interested in these guys, but I don't have a clear idea of their concept yet.
I guess they are the daemonic counterparts of Dwarfs Slayers, since they have paired weapons, no armours, unbreakable rule, and some chaotic features such as the rules Volcanic embrace, otherwordly and daemonic possession.

Do you have any ideas on how to represent them on the gaming tables?
I know that Russian Alternatives released their own models:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/182053544932

I think they are great models but IMHO they still have too much references to dwarfs slayers. Infact, I like much more their character which looks heavily mutated:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/172132889114

And, I guess they should deserves some references to their flaming nature..

Food for thoughts Wink let me know your feedbacks!

BABIS CHAOS DWARFS BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=12173

Bloodbeard Wrote:
With all that heavy firepower, you'll be able to take on the Old Ones when they return in their silver ships.

03-22-2016 11:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Skink
Slann Mage Priest

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 714
Golden Hat - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Disciples of Lugar conceptsSkink 03-22-2016

The only problem with berserkers of Fire Canyon IMHO is their mohawk, which is too closely related to Dwarf Slayers. Change those heads for chaos warriors' ones and presto, you get awesome Disciples of Lugar. However, if you're going down the head swap route, I would suggest you to buy some Dwarf Berzerkers from Avatars of War. They'd need new weapons as well though.

"Hashut! Vorgrund! Zharr Naggrund!!" A Chaos Dwarf's battlecry.

-Chaos Dwarf Spaghetti- My Dawi Zharr blog. Comes with tomato sauce!

This post was last modified: 03-23-2016 06:51 AM by Skink.

03-22-2016 12:16 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1715
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018 Artisan's Contest Bronze x4                               
RE: Disciples of Lugar conceptsAbecedar 03-23-2016

Do not know much about them I'm sorry.
But maybe instead of swapping heads you could just shave the mohawks off and sculpt on various helms and/or half helms of a chaos onto their heads and faces

Last Time(s) I Bled for my Hobby  =  Fri 13th March 2020
27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time(s) I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
03-23-2016 05:19 AM
TheHoodedMan
The Black Scourge

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 366
Golden Hat - Bronze x3 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Dark Apostle - Bronze Best General - 2015 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best General - 2017                               
RE: Disciples of Lugar conceptsTheHoodedMan 03-23-2016

The Mohawks of the AoW Berserkers are modular, you don`t have to glue them to the heads, like mine for example.
My disciples look like this:

03-23-2016 07:53 AM
Sjoerdo
Bull Centaur

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 106
Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Disciples of Lugar conceptsSjoerdo 03-23-2016

Sorry to go off topic, but the miniatures from Russian alternative look amazing, Rozmax did a great job on those.

Tempted even though I don't collect big hats...

03-23-2016 09:29 AM
BABIS
Great Taurus

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 251
Golden Hat - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: Disciples of Lugar conceptsBABIS 03-24-2016

Skink Wrote:
The only problem with berserkers of Fire Canyon IMHO is their mohawk, which is too closely related to Dwarf Slayers.

yes for sure, together with their pants: imho they would look better with an "assyrian skirt"...

anyway, my lugars will have big hats and moustaches for sure Wink at the moment I am toying with a very daemonic concept..

BABIS CHAOS DWARFS BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=12173

Bloodbeard Wrote:
With all that heavy firepower, you'll be able to take on the Old Ones when they return in their silver ships.

03-24-2016 10:09 AM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  undead "disciples of lugar", ideas help MadHatter 5 115 01-26-2020 06:13 AM
Last Post: MadHatter

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites