Author MessageMrowa's Chaos Dwarfs army blog
Mrowa
Hobgoblin

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 42

Mrowa's Chaos Dwarfs army blogMrowa 05-03-2016

Hello,
Today I made up decision that I will start to posting progress of my army. Week ago I went to a tournament after six months break from hobby and passion had reborn. Although this passion needs to be motivated as a fire needs fuel to burn. Takes Hat off:

About army. I used to own forge world'y one but I got rid of it. I didn't like some things about it. The first one (the most obvious) was price, the second - lack of variety of units, the third - monopouse of infernal guards driven me to painter's madness and they were so flat, that my paintjob skills (or lack of it?)  couldn't make it look just right. And the last - im in love with old school looking models. I wish I was born 10 years earlier so I could had beautiful 5 ED army without need of hunting on E bay and such. After some time I looked at the Mantic Games minis (i got undead army from them I liked despite no-heroic scale that I was used to looking at GW minis). They were kinda 3 ED chaotish look and cheaper than the rest of my Ideas. So I decided to make army core from Mantic models and some other minis. I want to mention that I play Age of Sigmar but also 9th Age - so square bases are still in the game.

After long introduction here's index of my collection. In this post I will update my progress.

[20] Infernal Guards Blunderbass (Mantic Decimators)
17/20 Base colours + washes (update: 18th May '16)
3/20 WiP Base colours

[20] Infernal Ironsworns with shields, hand weapon and FCG (converted Mantic Immortal Guard with some Chaos axes, shields and other bits)
20/20 Black undercoat, ready to be painted
  (update: 18th May '16)

[8] Infernal Guards Fireglaives (Mantic Ironwatch with Abyssal Dwarfs Heads)
8/8 Black undercoat, ready to be painted

[1] Deamonsmith (Spellcrow Northen Dwarf Sorcerer with torch from corpsecart)
Done (4th May '16) , Tabletop quality painting

[1] Deamonsmith (Russian Alternative Dwarf of Fire Cannion Sorcerer)
Done (in early 2015) , Tabletop (+/-) quality

[2] Hobgoblins with HW/Shield (5 ED models with marauders axes instead of original)
Black undercoat

[2] Hobgoblin cruw for Spear thrower (5 ED models)
Nothing done yet

[1] Hobgoblin Wolf Rider Khan (on fenrisian wolf; added spear tip to standard and wolf pelt cape)
Black undercoat

[1] Hobgoblin Khan on Foot (Avatars of War Goblin Chieftain)
Black undercoat

[1] Death Rocket Crewman (5 ED)
Base colours + washes

Today I will post photo of Spellcrow's Sorcerer - the mini I'm the most proud of as begging of my blog.
By the way, I'm sorry if my english is poor, it's not my native language but I try my best. Happy

This post was last modified: 05-18-2016 04:54 PM by Mrowa.

05-03-2016 08:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
valhallanguitar
Hobgoblin

Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 24

RE: Mrowa's Chaos Dwarfs army blogvalhallanguitar 05-04-2016

Looking forward to seeing these minis mate!

05-04-2016 01:57 AM
Bloodbeard
Master Hellsmith of the Artillery Forge

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 810
Diplomat Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Scribe's Contest Gold Best General - 2014 Best Overall Member - 2014 Veteran Medal - Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Dark Apostle - Silver                               
RE: Mrowa's Chaos Dwarfs army blogBloodbeard 05-04-2016

Welcome aboard! It's a nice start for the collection you have there. Hadn't seen the Spellcrow dwarf before, so I had to google him. That's a nice miniature.

Take some slaves to get you going.

05-04-2016 02:10 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 12
Slaves: 1216
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Scribe's Contest Gold                               
RE: Mrowa's Chaos Dwarfs army blogAbecedar 05-04-2016

Yes welcome aboard.

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
05-04-2016 02:53 AM
Mrowa
Hobgoblin

RE: Mrowa's Chaos Dwarfs army blogMrowa 05-04-2016

Thank you so much for welcoming me in Chaos Dwarf brotherhood @Abecedar @Bloodbeard @valhallanguitar. It's so great that I can be part of it Happy
As I promised I give you first pictures of my Deamonsmith. The mini is white metal, made by polish company Spellcrow. I liked it so much so I bought him right after release. Quality of material, crispy details, old school look and relatively low price (29 PLN/6,5 Euro) - in short: awesome mini! Although I made little conversion to make him more 'evil' looking by adding torch flame from Corpsecart kit. Photos aren't great. Shame Lumia (the first one in series) makes such low quality pictures...  I will borrow professional camera soon, don't worry!

I'm happy with results, but I know I could do better ("everything you did, you could did better").  When I was painting him I had in mind that It'll be tabletop model, so I just painted him very simply but neatly. If you have critics or comments to give I'm waiting forward to read them Happy

The bigger resolution pictures can be found here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_ofoP...3FfY2tQcXM

This post was last modified: 05-04-2016 09:07 AM by Mrowa.

05-04-2016 07:50 AM
Miasma
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Slaves: 145
Scribe's Contest Bronze                               
RE: Mrowa's Chaos Dwarfs army blogMiasma 05-04-2016

That's a nice looking mini, subtle but effective conversion and I like the paint. Especially the balefire looks good to me

5th Edition Chaos Dwarf Army Log
05-04-2016 10:23 AM
Jackswift
Bull Centaur Hero

Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 462
Scribe's Contest Gold Golden Hat - Silver Artisan's Contest - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: Mrowa's Chaos Dwarfs army blogJackswift 05-04-2016

Very well done!   The green flames look amazing, and the redder color on the nose is a nice touch as well.  I look forward to seeing more.

05-04-2016 11:13 AM
Mrowa
Hobgoblin

RE: Mrowa's Chaos Dwarfs army blogMrowa 05-04-2016

Thank you so much for opinion. Flame looks lil' better in real life, but lack of "photo tent" and good camera make's it little bit more messy than it really is Happy

05-04-2016 11:14 AM
Mrowa
Hobgoblin

RE: Mrowa's Chaos Dwarfs army blogMrowa 05-06-2016

Hello! Yesterday and today I was working on my core units. In overall I painted 5 fire glaives in base colors with shadows and made conversions of Ironsworn unit done.  I will post picture of Fireglaives when I paint the rest 5 Happy For now you can check my  ready-for-basecoat Ironsworns Happy

I'm really pleased with result. I hope I won't destroy with my painting (I need to plan what colours to use yet)  Happy

This post was last modified: 05-06-2016 03:06 PM by Mrowa.

05-06-2016 02:07 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 5
Slaves: 127
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016                               
RE: Mrowa's Chaos Dwarfs army blogAdmiral 05-06-2016

The equipment switch makes for quite an improvement of the Abyssal Dwarfs. Good work so far! Looking forward to see them painted.

News on CDO: Scribe's Contest X - Deadline 30th of July ... Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Chaos Dwarf Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.
05-06-2016 02:09 PM
Miasma
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Slaves: 145
Scribe's Contest Bronze                               
RE: Mrowa's Chaos Dwarfs army blogMiasma 05-06-2016

Mrowa Wrote:
Hello! Yesterday and today I was working with my core units. In overall I painted 5 fire glaives in base colors with shadows and made conversions of Ironsworn unit done.  I will post picture of Fireglaives when I paint the rest 5 Happy For now you can check my  ready-for-basecoat Ironsworns Happy

I'm really pleased with result. I hope I won't destroy with my painting (I need to plan what colours to use yet)  Happy

Looking good, are those mantic figures? Not at all what I expected

5th Edition Chaos Dwarf Army Log
05-06-2016 02:11 PM
Mrowa
Hobgoblin

RE: Mrowa's Chaos Dwarfs army blogMrowa 05-06-2016

@Miasma
Yea, it's mantic Happy They're made from hard plastic (aka resin plastic). They have a lot of details what suprised me as well. Unfortunately getting rid of molding lines is kinda hard, especially on horns on the back. Shields and axes that came with the minis were the weakest point so I changed that with Marauders (both foot and mounted) and Warriors of Chaos bits.

@Admiral
Thanks Happy Probably I'll start painting them in next week, after I'm done with Fireglaives/Decimators Happy

This post was last modified: 05-06-2016 02:27 PM by Mrowa.

05-06-2016 02:24 PM
Fuggit Khan
Da Khan of Khans

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 460
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015                               
RE: Mrowa's Chaos Dwarfs army blogFuggit Khan 05-06-2016

Those indeed look very nice! I've always thought that the Mantic Abyssal Dwarfs are the most chaotic looking of the CD mini ranges. The addition of the GW marauder shields and chaos warrior bits to them is awesome, they look great!
I'm donating slaves to you good sir Takes Hat off

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
05-06-2016 04:32 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Slaves: 1216
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest Silver Scribe's Contest Gold                               
RE: Mrowa's Chaos Dwarfs army blogAbecedar 05-06-2016

Its always good to ensure your prep-work is all done.
I hate finding a mold line after I've started to paint

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
05-06-2016 10:29 PM
tjub
Hat or Die!

Slaves: 1202
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver x2 Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration                               
RE: Mrowa's Chaos Dwarfs army blogtjub 05-07-2016

Simple and great looking conversions!

Chaos Dwarfs for SALE!
Chaos Dwarf Army Blog

GDD Wrote:
"And then children, Tjub spent 78 pages perfecting his fireborn. For such is the struggle of a CD player with a thematic army."

05-07-2016 01:51 AM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Cheap Chaos Dwarfs Blog toco 11 2,676 02-17-2016 10:06 AM
Last Post: toco
  Chaos Dwarf Army BIG blog/site - lots to see! ruinouspowers 0 936 10-21-2014 12:30 PM
Last Post: ruinouspowers
  Year of the Chaos Dwarf  (Sort of becoming an Army Blog) Bad Gram Northern 35 12,019 04-10-2014 07:48 AM
Last Post: Bad Gram Northern
  Steampunk Skirmisher's Chaos Dwarf Army blog Steampunk Skirmisher 3 1,795 11-20-2013 08:39 PM
Last Post: Steampunk Skirmisher
  Medivo's Chaos Dwarf army blog medivo 5 2,856 01-23-2011 08:16 PM
Last Post: Joshmohr

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites