Post Reply  Post Thread 
Pages (10): « First < Previous 6 7 8 9 [10] Last »
Carcearion's Warhost of Karagazkar [Chaos Dwarf Temple WIP 1/5/2018]
Author MessageCarcearion's Warhost of Karagazkar [Chaos Dwarf Temple WIP 1/5/2018]
Carcearion
Daemon Prince of Hashut

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 190
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Photobucket Migration Scribe's Contest Silver                               
RE: Carcearion's Warhost of Karagazkar [Lammasu! Wolf Riders! + 11/24/17]Carcearion 11-27-2017

Thanks so much everyone Takes Hat off

@Uther: The wolves are from The Russian Alternative (Hobgoblins and all). I love the sculpts but I'll be honest the casting on them is awful (tons of huge gaps to fill that I hid with the chains. Also I really need to go back and clean up some more mold lines).

@Tjub: Thats actually the stock head that comes with The Lost Kingdoms Lammasu kit. I really recommend them (assuming your willing to deal with a big finnicky winged beast).

"It matters not that you failed to burn the world. What matters is that you lit a fire."
- Neherazsh the Flaming Bull

My Chaos Dwarf Name Generator
Army Blog: Carcearion's Warhost of Karagazkar
Short Story: To Carve One's Fate
My Shapeways Shop: Carcearion's Bit Forge - Evil Dwarf Bits For Sale!
11-27-2017 01:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ghrask Dragh
TeddyMadeMeDoIt...

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 834

RE: Carcearion's Warhost of Karagazkar [Lammasu! Wolf Riders! + 11/24/17]Ghrask Dragh 12-03-2017

Wow, great updates, I do continue to enjoy this thread more and more

Lammasu is a nice one to bring up to date with AoS Cheers!

My Chaos Dwarf Blog
12-03-2017 05:12 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Carcearion
Daemon Prince of Hashut

Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Photobucket Migration Scribe's Contest Silver                               
RE: Carcearion's Warhost of Karagazkar [Chaos Dwarf Temple 11/24/17]Carcearion 01-06-2018

Hey guys! The army is all finished and polished up to 2,250 points, now I am working on an entire themed terrain set to go along with my army! Big Grin

My first attempt is going to be this great temple I got off of ebay (Temple of The Dark Storm by Infinity-Engine). Its already got allot of cool chaos iconography built into it so I didn't wanna cover it all up with other bits. I threw a bearded and horned skull along with a couple lightning bolts above the door (its translucent plastic so it just wont photograph well at all) and my alter of Hashut in the interior. then of course we have some Tjublings on the... towers? And a classic bull bit that Bloodbeard kindly donated to me quite some time ago to top off the highest point of the temple. Everything is still just sticky tacked in place.

I'll also have two rows of large burning braziers leading up to the entrance (still waiting for those in the mail).

I think I'll be going for a black/obsidian kind of look for all the stone work and then doing allot of copper and gold to match my army for all the various decorative elements.

I'd love to hear any suggestions people have for it, this is my first swing at doing some chaos dwarf scenery.

Takes Hat off

"It matters not that you failed to burn the world. What matters is that you lit a fire."

01-06-2018 02:57 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 407
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: Carcearion's Warhost of Karagazkar [Chaos Dwarf Temple WIP 1/5/2018]Admiral 01-06-2018

Now that temple is a find. Added it to the list. Thanks!

Neat additions to it! Your 3D-printed bits add a lot to the models, and the top tower decorations truly make it pop as a Chaos Dwarf temple. Inspiring! Cheers!

Looking forward to see the painted army arrayed with the ongoing terrain.

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXIX - Deadline 27th of January ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Chaos Dwarf Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.
01-06-2018 10:02 AM
tjub
Hat or Die!

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1309
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver x2 Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor                               
RE: Carcearion's Warhost of Karagazkar [Chaos Dwarf Temple WIP 1/5/2018]tjub 01-06-2018

Ah, looks cool! And great to see some Tjublings there as well! Big Grin

Buy your 15mm "Tjublings" here!
Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:
"And then children, Tjub spent 78 pages perfecting his fireborn. For such is the struggle of a CD player with a thematic army."

01-06-2018 05:56 PM
Fuggit Khan
The Eye of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 499
Best Hobbyist - 2013 Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x3 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Scribe's Contest Silver Best Hobbyist - 2014 Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Golden Hat - Bronze Veteran Medal - Silver Fuggit (dubai joke medal) Scribe's Contest - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Carcearion's Warhost of Karagazkar [Chaos Dwarf Temple WIP 1/5/2018]Fuggit Khan 01-07-2018

That's a cool find, and very nice to see the Tjublings added to it too. Happy
My only suggestion would be to somehow get rid of the spider web arrow designs around the skulls? I know that they're arrows, but everytime I look at it I see spider webs, so I immediately think of Vampire Counts or Tomb Kings.
Add larger arrows over the smaller ones?  Cover them, smoothed out in green stuff? Change the web look and feel to lightning runes?

"Where there's a whip, there's a way!"
01-07-2018 04:13 AM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Slaves: 1407
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Carcearion's Warhost of Karagazkar [Chaos Dwarf Temple WIP 1/5/2018]Abecedar 01-07-2018

Fuggit Khan Wrote:
That's a cool find, and very nice to see the Tjublings added to it too. Happy
My only suggestion would be to somehow get rid of the spider web arrow designs around the skulls? I know that they're arrows, but everytime I look at it I see spider webs, so I immediately think of Vampire Counts or Tomb Kings.
Add larger arrows over the smaller ones?  Cover them, smoothed out in green stuff? Change the web look and feel to lightning runes?

ditto.  But maybe just remove some of the concentric rings to get rid of the spider web first impression.

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
01-07-2018 10:32 PM
tjub
Hat or Die!

Slaves: 1309
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver x2 Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Gold Major Prize Sponsor                               
RE: Carcearion's Warhost of Karagazkar [Chaos Dwarf Temple WIP 1/5/2018]tjub 01-08-2018

Removing that would be insane IMO... Would it not be easier to build a new from scratch instead? I think it will look great once painted. Happy

Buy your 15mm "Tjublings" here!
Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:
"And then children, Tjub spent 78 pages perfecting his fireborn. For such is the struggle of a CD player with a thematic army."

01-08-2018 01:29 AM
Carcearion
Daemon Prince of Hashut

RE: Carcearion's Warhost of Karagazkar [Chaos Dwarf Temple WIP 1/5/2018]Carcearion 01-08-2018

Thanks for the encouragement and idea's guys! Big Grin

Now that you point it out I do see the kind of spider web impression you mentioned, but counting each face of the zigguratish towers and the other areas on the sides and back theirs 42 of those designs and I think it would just be too much work to try and alter or fill in all of them dead

although I might be able to 3D print something suitable to cover them up with. I'll have to wrestle with that one for a bit.

Takes Hat off

This post was last modified: 01-08-2018 03:23 AM by Carcearion.

01-08-2018 03:23 AM
Pappa Midnight
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 456
Scribe's Contest Silver Golden Hat - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2016 Golden Hat - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Gold                               
RE: Carcearion's Warhost of Karagazkar [Chaos Dwarf Temple WIP 1/5/2018]Pappa Midnight 01-09-2018

I'm loving the new additions. I missed the hobgob riders and Lammasu, lovely work as always.
The temple looks excellent with your subtle additions ( I have book-marked infinity-engine , cheers ) and I'm looking forward to seeing some paint down on it.

PM

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying.
01-09-2018 05:27 AM
Pages (10): « First < Previous 6 7 8 9 [10] Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Pappa Midnights Chaos Dwarf Army: *New Harquebusiers* added 08 Jan 2018 Pappa Midnight 410 32,447 01-15-2018 09:50 AM
Last Post: Grimbold Blackhammer
  [1-8-2018] Willmark's Chaos Stunty Army Project-WARNING PIC HEAVY! Willmark 690 302,474 01-15-2018 09:49 AM
Last Post: Grimbold Blackhammer

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites